The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on April 13, 2006, 03:34:51 am

Title: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: oball on April 13, 2006, 03:34:51 am
Looks like T-Rex is trying to muscle in on Lie Bot's territory. (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=754)
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: goldenchurchhill on April 13, 2006, 04:50:11 am
BOOOO!!!

As a side note, the saddest thing is a puppy who copies off of better puppies.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: doomglobe on April 13, 2006, 06:16:44 am
This is not imitation, or plagiarism, it is further exploration of a subject. It is both a tribute to Onstad, the pioneer of saddest things, and a statement that Onstad never made.

Also T-Rex could stomp you so hard.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: oball on April 13, 2006, 07:00:11 am
I think this (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=296) is my favourite DC.  The alt-text cracks me up every time.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: CortJstr on April 13, 2006, 01:39:44 pm
Didn't Ryan post here a few times back in The Day?* So that would make this a Lie Bot tribute.





*Yes (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=99)
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: oball on April 13, 2006, 02:06:31 pm
That is what I assumed.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: jough on April 13, 2006, 07:55:31 pm
Yeah, he posted here when Dino Comix were new, and a few of us (me) did not think that they were at all good or funny.

I must admit, though, that he has really stretched a LOT of mileage out of reusing the same art over and over again.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: CortJstr on April 13, 2006, 08:19:40 pm
I didn't read them at all at the time out of principle. It just bugged me when he and that Steve Hogan guy came here apparently only to pimp their own comics. I do remember Ryan contributing to discussions but still.

I've since gone back and read the archives and while I have to be in a certain mood to read Dinosaur Comics I do enjoy them and more than a couple are really funny. The two about biggest (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=680) regrets (http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=727) stand out in my mind.

Plus he created Ohno***** which makes up for everything and then some.
Title: Re: T-Rex, what is the saddest thing?
Post by: sammythemc on April 13, 2006, 08:50:36 pm
Ha, I said the subject line out loud when I read today's Dinosaur Comics, completely independent of TOUAMB.