The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: linnea on April 14, 2006, 02:26:02 am

Title: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: linnea on April 14, 2006, 02:26:02 am
Some of the other EMTs turned me on to this show. I think it's pretty good, but I want to clobber Meredith. I just saw robog_dog's post about House, I will have to check it out. Anyway, it's fun to theorize about patient diagnoses before they come up with their answer. My favorite was the Grey's episode that had the man who was "pregnant" with a teratoma. A teratoma! Eeeewww! So gross and fascinating! I am just sad that they didn't show it (yeah right, like they would show something that graphic on television). Teratomas are tumors that can sometimes have teeth and hair and nails growing inside them, which I guess is why medieval folks thought they were a witchbaby.

They used to baptize teratomas, thinking that they were evidence that someone had been shagging the Devil. Makes you wonder what the teratoma department of heaven looks like! (I can't remember, but I believe that quote is attributable to Ed the Pathology Guy's website at http://www.pathguy.com/)
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: AugustWest on April 14, 2006, 02:59:56 am
I watch it some, mainly because the wife and one of the daughters does.  Also because I have the hots for Sandra Oh.

Also, Hi Linnea!
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: jough on April 14, 2006, 05:13:33 am
I don't watch the show, but I definitely have the hots for Sandrah Oh. 

Oh!  Oh!  Oh!
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: acoxcae on April 14, 2006, 01:00:28 pm
Who among us doesn't have the hots for Sandra Oh - it's impossible not to.

Also, the show is pretty good, but I came in at the start of the second season, so I'm just tired of Meredith being sad and bitchy all the time - thus far, she hasn't really demonstrated any redeeming qualities.  But everyone else is likable enough, and, being a medical drama (dramedy?), the plots are generally pretty OK with me.

It took an issue of Entertainment Weekly to straighten me out on who slept with who's ex-what in the first season though - it's a tangled web.
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: miles on April 14, 2006, 01:11:46 pm
Sandra Oh lovers:  Have you seen Dancing at the Blue Iguana?

You should.

Anyway, I fuck*ng hate this show.  I hate the lead character.  Is this Meredith?
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: AugustWest on April 14, 2006, 03:47:11 pm
Sandra Oh lovers:  Have you seen Dancing at the Blue Iguana?


No, but I did see her in Sideways, getting porked by the Lowell from Wings.
Title: Re: Grey's Anatomy
Post by: linnea on April 15, 2006, 01:15:03 am
Schweet...I'm not the only one with a ridiculous crush on Sandra Oh! She's definitely my favorite, after George O'Malley.