The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on September 10, 2003, 04:30:31 pm

Title: talking singer (09-10-03)
Post by: CortJstr on September 10, 2003, 04:30:31 pm
I'm impressed. Mark Twain was obviously a crazy-smart guy, but his ability to comprehend and process the slang, terms, and syntax variations in our english is awesome.

It took me a couple days to figure out the whole "hizzle my shizzle" thing

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09102003).
Title: Re: talking singer
Post by: side_show on September 10, 2003, 05:45:12 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm impressed. Mark Twain was obviously a crazy-smart guy, but his ability to comprehend and process the slang, terms, and syntax variations in our english is awesome.

It took me a couple days to figure out the whole "hizzle my shizzle" thing


What do you mean by "figure out"?  Does "hizzle my shizzle" actually mean something?

I just like that Phillipe is starting school - does this mean he's progressing in human years since he's probably entering kindergarden or grade one?
Title: Re: talking singer
Post by: CortJstr on September 10, 2003, 07:08:44 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
What do you mean by "figure out"?  Does "hizzle my shizzle" actually mean something?

I just like that Phillipe is starting school - does this mean he's progressing in human years since he's probably entering kindergarden or grade one?


The first couple times I heard it there was no context, so I couldn't tell if it meant "for sure, my friend" or " The idiocy of your statement has caused me to lose my language faculties."
Title: talking singer
Post by: jay-ell on September 10, 2003, 07:30:40 pm
I thought "hizzle my shizzle" was the street version of a pirate's "shiver me timbers."  

Arr.
Title: talking singer
Post by: Mite on September 10, 2003, 10:09:51 pm
It's "Fo' Shizzle my Nizzle", which, when translated, is an ethnic slur that is not allowed in my 8th grade math class (even though I'm the only honkey for miles).

After previewing, let it be noted that I am an 8th grade math teacher, not an 8th grade math student.
Title: talking singer
Post by: CortJstr on September 10, 2003, 10:25:16 pm
Reminds me of the time I was in my mom's car and her soft rock station played a commercial featuring the word "shiznit" Apparently they were banking that their target audience wouldn't know what it meant, but their kids in the backseat would.
Title: talking singer
Post by: slink on September 11, 2003, 10:58:01 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Reminds me of the time I was in my mom's car and her soft rock station played a commercial featuring the word "shiznit" Apparently they were banking that their target audience wouldn't know what it meant, but their kids in the backseat would.


It's like Firefly which all the swearing is done in Mandarin.
a la : Qingwa cao de liumang
which translates to - Frog fuck*ng punk.
Now I know most Chinese-Americans speak Cantonese, but even so! It's not like it doesn't go out at 8pm over here and some of us know a little bit.
I loved it mind, not like I'm complaining!
Title: talking singer
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 11, 2003, 03:11:50 pm
There's also "Off the hizzle fo' shizzle," which translates as "Off the hook, for sure."