The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 29, 2006, 12:06:26 am

Title: Misterqueue Style
Post by: pmcd9 on April 29, 2006, 12:06:26 am
I have a sneaking suspicion that there are at least one, maybe more "guest" who are taking the full tour of the archives.  In the last week or so i've been noticing a lot of ancient threads being viewed by guest when I check the "who's online" section.  Any thoughts on this phenomenon Q.  Of course it's an ever steeper mountain to climb.  I've not gone back and read the archives I missed when I was AWOL for months.  I've read some of it, but it's just too much to go through.  I tip my hat to anyone that can do that.

~Paul
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on April 29, 2006, 12:15:34 am
Yes.. it has been a growing trend.  I do not suspect they are following in my footsteps however, mostly because I am far to humble to believe such a thing but also because why the hell would anyone do that?

I suspect it is the GOF and the recent silliness on the Trashspotter's board causing an influx and thus alighting curiosity within those who happen upon this space as to what was said on earlier comics.

I'm the only sad sack who reads the whole damn archive before posting... because I am vaguely mentally handicapped... clearly.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 29, 2006, 12:16:02 am
Misterqueue style?  Sounds like a neat sex trick to me.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on April 29, 2006, 12:17:20 am
Misterqueue style?  Sounds like a neat sex trick to me.

You have to be ambidextrous, flexible, AND pretty open to experimentation to pull it off though.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: robot_god on April 29, 2006, 12:20:36 am
Misterqueue style?  Sounds like a neat sex trick to me.

There's nothing neat about Misterqueue style.

S'a real stainer.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Mite on April 29, 2006, 12:46:27 am
There's nothing neat about Misterqueue style.

S'a real stainer.

Santorum!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2006, 12:56:59 am
Santorum!

I know what that means, young lady!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on April 29, 2006, 03:44:16 am
yeah, I read a bunch of old threads the other day.
I did it this way: I would pick a board, and tell it to sort the topics in order of how many posts there were. and I read the ones with the most.

the problem is that for some reason, all the posts are marked as read. so I can't just use "view unread posts" to keep track. damn.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Hobot on April 29, 2006, 04:48:33 am
So this thread isn't about stalking?
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: thedudeabides85 on April 29, 2006, 09:04:26 am
This thread with likely blossom into an entirely new messageboard devoted to exegesis on misterqueue's method of posting here.  Whether this new project will be sanctioned by the man, or be dubbed "officially unofficial", remains to be seen.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on April 29, 2006, 01:31:15 pm
Would that mean I could be Professor Queue?

All teachin' newbies how to do it right and proper.
All wearing patches on the elbows of my tweed jacket
All gettin' it on with fine young co-eds.


That sounds pretty hot actually.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: side_show on April 29, 2006, 02:24:52 pm
Because I do tend to blather on, I oft worry that I'm retelling something I've already told, and yet, actually checking the archives never occurs to me.  Probably because of the fact that I am lazy.

Also, the school uniform of the Q school of posting would be delightful.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on April 29, 2006, 04:37:28 pm
no no NO!

Q will show up on the other board and criticize us, tell us we don't understand his vision, etc. He will be such a dick, and we will cry.
then he will make a fake messageboard, and use it to satirize us brutallly. with a broom handle.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on April 29, 2006, 04:52:41 pm
then he will make a fake messageboard, and use it to satirize us brutallly. with a broom handle.

We call that 9 inches of learning!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Hobot on April 29, 2006, 05:03:36 pm
then he will make a fake messageboard, and use it to satirize us brutallly. with a broom handle.

Oh God that is so hot.







I, um, really like satire.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: jough on April 29, 2006, 11:12:17 pm
I'm not sure if that deserves more cans or deserves cans to be taken away.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: V-Adore on April 30, 2006, 04:20:00 am
You're more or less right about how this will go down, but you're forgetting the initial abortive attempt to form an "official" Queue messageboard, on which Q is abusive and locks/deletes threads all the time before nuking it. That's all, really...
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on April 30, 2006, 04:28:23 am
You're more or less right about how this will go down, but you're forgetting the initial abortive attempt to form an "official" Queue messageboard, on which Q is abusive and locks/deletes threads all the time before nuking it. That's all, really...

That sounds like the old Stad in the Dumbrella days.


DAAAYAAAMN!! 

(Yes I realize this was the joke.. but you know.. I can't resist.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled co-ed fuck*ng.  "Take it you sweet little schoolgirl you!")
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on April 30, 2006, 05:53:30 am
oh my god, Q, you officially do the thing that I do.

it pisses off my friends so much.

"get it! the brick! from the beginning of the joke! that's why it's funny!"

"yeah Dan, we got it."
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: side_show on May 01, 2006, 03:58:32 am
Ah inevitable, See, when we were in the workshop for my play, one of the actors figured out this deep metaphorical theme in the play, and he turned to the director and I, and excitedly started talking about what he had figured out, sort of like he was explaining it to us, and then half way through explaining it, he realized he was explaining it to the director and writer as we smiled and nodded, and then he just sort of just petered out.  I told him that I was glad he noticed and that he had earned extra "actor points." I almost, almost, introduced the concept of tiny cans of Dr. Pepper into the rehearsals, you know - for shits and giggles, but decided it was best not to.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on May 01, 2006, 04:10:41 am
goodness.

I try hard not to do that. but sometimes I do it anyway.
when I do that with jokes, it is on purpose. because I find it funny.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Doc on May 01, 2006, 09:41:09 am
That sounds pretty hot actually.

Any post that ends with this, that is pretty much MisterQueue style.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 01, 2006, 02:09:52 pm
every time a newbie posts something dumb, people shout "Read the old threads before posting."  Now someone's reading old threads, and it's somehow freakish?

there is NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Drygioni on May 01, 2006, 02:16:40 pm
every time a newbie posts something dumb, people shout "Read the old threads before posting."  Now someone's reading old threads, and it's somehow freakish?

there is NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE

Maybe so. But the kind of person we're dealing with here will stop at NOTHING to use every scrap of evidence he can find in this forum to (insert horrible/terrifying/sexual act here.)

Or he might just be a REALLY good noob. The kind who studies. A pro.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: pmcd9 on May 01, 2006, 02:28:40 pm
every time a newbie posts something dumb, people shout "Read the old threads before posting."  Now someone's reading old threads, and it's somehow freakish?

there is NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE

Maybe they are planning on using the knowledge to start another messageboard dedicated to mocking this one.

~Paul
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on May 01, 2006, 02:32:48 pm
Maybe they are using to stalk each and every one of you, individually.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: wombat on May 01, 2006, 04:02:06 pm
there is NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE

Yeah. Isn't it one of our most endearing qualities?
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: CortJstr on May 01, 2006, 04:18:07 pm
Maybe so. But the kind of person we're dealing with here will stop at NOTHING to use every scrap of evidence he can find in this forum to (insert horrible/terrifying/sexual act here.)

Or he might just be a REALLY good noob. The kind who studies. A pro.

It's Project 2501 having finally attained sentience. It's scouring the internet to learn about humanity and, god help it, it started with us.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: lprkn on May 01, 2006, 04:29:23 pm
Let's just hope it models its emerging personality on Wombat or Sideshow. Because if certain other members were used as templates, well, we just might have another SkyNet on our hands.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 02, 2006, 12:49:43 am
Maybe they are planning on using the knowledge to start another messageboard dedicated to mocking this one.

~Paul

No, the actual plan is more complex than that - it's three mocking messageboards down the line before it comes to fruition.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: arkabee on May 02, 2006, 06:02:40 am
fruition.


this is one of my favorite words.

Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Doc on May 02, 2006, 08:14:53 am
No, the actual plan is more complex than that - it's three mocking messageboards down the line before it comes to fruition.

Is the ultimate plan a fourth message board that will be so scathing that it will just blow us all away?
I'm assuming we are not dealing with the most devious of minds here.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: side_show on May 02, 2006, 08:32:13 am
The final project will be this board, only five minutes into the future.  Your posts will appear, exactly as you would have written them, without you having to write anything.  It will render any action useless and meaningless, as you will be able to see into your own future, but only 5 minutes ahead of time.  The end.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Doc on May 02, 2006, 08:57:06 am
Dastardly!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: jough on May 02, 2006, 11:28:06 am
Ominous!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Hobot on May 02, 2006, 01:26:00 pm
Hot!

(?)
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on May 02, 2006, 02:41:09 pm
INTERRUPTION!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 02, 2006, 05:57:03 pm
Ejaculation!



oops. Excuse me. I'll be back in a minute.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on May 02, 2006, 07:56:37 pm
PREMATURE!

Dawg, I thought better of you.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: V-Adore on May 03, 2006, 12:57:09 am
WEIRDED OUT!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: misterqueue on May 03, 2006, 12:16:47 pm
SHOVE IT 360 TO BONELESS'D!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on May 03, 2006, 01:32:26 pm
GOATSE.CX'D!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Doc on May 03, 2006, 02:47:07 pm
Thus we move from talking about messageboards to sick fuckery in less than 9 posts.
Mister Queue style indeed.

I think Jough saw what I was doing there by the way, good show sir.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: lprkn on May 03, 2006, 06:23:52 pm
OBSERVATION'D!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 03, 2006, 06:25:20 pm
YOU ARE ALL NAZIS! NAZIS!

(OK, I'm counting on someone to post the appropriate next one word post....)
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: AugustWest on May 03, 2006, 06:49:10 pm
GODWIN'D!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Hobot on May 03, 2006, 06:51:45 pm
Thus we move from talking about messageboards to sick fuckery in less than 9 posts.
Mister Queue style indeed.

I think Jough saw what I was doing there by the way, good show sir.

So this is basically unrelated to the thread at hand, but that hasn't stopped any of us in the past; Doc, I have found the man depicted in your avatar's pet cat:

(http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1551/doccat0nx.jpg)
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 03, 2006, 06:56:58 pm
So this is basically unrelated to the thread at hand, but that hasn't stopped any of us in the past; Doc, I have found the man depicted in your avatar's pet cat:

(http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1551/doccat0nx.jpg)

THREADJACK!
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: Doc on May 03, 2006, 10:27:50 pm
That really is perfect Hobot, you can just imagine them sitting at home together of nights, taking care of their respective flower bunches and staring creepily at each other. Never blinking. Ever.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: swinehund on May 03, 2006, 10:57:17 pm
So then I was seriously looking for whether or not Heino did have a cat, and if its name also started with an 'H' to round out the little family (his wife is named Hannelore -- I'm imagining Hanzel or something like that). I ended up searching google for 'Heino katzen' and got this:

0.323.642 CD Jingle Cats - Echten Katzen Singen Weihnachtslieder (Sat1) [Used / Gebraucht - no country -]  $5.83 / 4,99€

Wow, I suppose 'Weihnachtslieder' means 'Christmas Carols'. It's all awesome, because I had that album too.
Title: Re: Misterqueue Style
Post by: theinevitable on May 03, 2006, 11:16:30 pm
man, I am glad I'm not the only person who didn't get it, and thought that Hobot had seriously found the cat of that man.