The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on September 11, 2003, 08:04:42 am

Title: New Smilies
Post by: jough on September 11, 2003, 08:04:42 am
Nothing Achewood related (yet) but I had a bunch of these things hanging around, so I added them.

I HATE that LOL one ( (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif)  ) and will be replacing it soon. [EDIT: I did, with this one: :lol:  - much better]

Anyway, feel free to use them.  The complete list is here:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/posting.php?mode=smilies

-- Jough :smooch:
Title: New Smilies
Post by: Choop on September 11, 2003, 04:30:28 pm
For those who don't know, these are some achewood-themed emoticons. B/W by myself; color by pubdoggy.

Beef: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Beef.gif) (http://www.pubdoggy.com/images/beef.gif)

Ray: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Ray.gif) (http://www.pubdoggy.com/images/ray.gif)

Lyle: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Lyle.gif)

Phillippe: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Phillippe.gif) (http://www.pubdoggy.com/images/phillipe.gif)

Teodor: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Teodor.gif) (http://www.pubdoggy.com/images/teodor.gif)

Mr. Bear: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/MrBear.gif)

Vlad: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Vlad.gif)

Liebot: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/emoticons/Liebot.gif)


jough, some of these new icons suck harder than the old LOL one. Namely, :duh: :umno: :scream: :pimp: :chink: :dunce: for their basic lack of artistry and/or taste, and :D :) :shock: 8) :wink: for that wretched shading (have they been rolling around in mud all day?).

On the other hand, for sheer comedy value these are pretty good: :boobies: :cunnilingus: :violin:, though paired as below with too much crap going on they will make a page incredibly annoying, as if this forum were the internet in 1997. Witness:

 :boobies:  :P  :woo:  :delicious:  :heybaby:  :violin:  :loser:  :roll:  :boom:  :smooch:  :love:  :cunnilingus:  :zzz:  :lol:  :headscratch:  :blush:

I think I've made my point.
Title: New Smilies
Post by: ferocious j on September 11, 2003, 05:45:09 pm
Those Achewood ones are pretty badass.
Title: New Smilies
Post by: jough on September 11, 2003, 09:06:24 pm
When someone posts Achewood icons that look good, I'll use them.  Ditto for new smilies to replace any of these.
Title: New Smilies
Post by: CortJstr on September 12, 2003, 12:10:32 am
http://criticalanime.com/smilies/index.htm
Title: New Smilies
Post by: jough on September 12, 2003, 12:39:36 am
No no.  Please, no suggestions of smilies that are uglier than the ones we currently have.
Title: New Smilies
Post by: andalucia on September 12, 2003, 02:46:07 am
1.   Emoticons are ugly.  Inherently.
2.   They are hardly used on this board.
3.   Profit??