The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Emmoh on May 16, 2006, 06:49:07 pm

Title: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Emmoh on May 16, 2006, 06:49:07 pm
Is this somebody here? (http://www.myspace.com/achewoodcomic)

Strike me down and take my cans if this has been brought to attention previously...I wasn't able to find a mention.

Oh...and there are some pretty bad mistakes. Teodor's name spelled wrong...Vlad is Italian...even the "headline"...
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: wombat on May 16, 2006, 08:38:48 pm
Can we take your cans because we're sorry you brought it up?

No, not your fault.  Refer to my earlier rant somewhere about how Myspace seems to be a way for These Kids Today to make really ugly web pages before they have mature design and content sensibilities, thus downfall of online civilization, get off of my lawn, etc.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 16, 2006, 08:43:59 pm
Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live skit last week that was set in a 'myspace introductory class'? That was some of the funniest SNL I've seen in years.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 16, 2006, 09:14:43 pm
I went looking for it on YouTube:  "This video has been removed due to copyright infringement."  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: jough on May 22, 2006, 01:58:43 pm
Achewood Comic guy has hot myspace friends, though.  You have to give him that.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 22, 2006, 06:10:08 pm
oh man, no way
my friends list is comprised of only the hottest sceneXwhores.

also, my actual friends. them too.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: side_show on May 23, 2006, 03:00:18 pm
Achewood Comic guy has hot myspace friends, though.  You have to give him that.

But everyone on myspace is hot, because it is basically how horny teens hook up to arrange for blow jobs and such, and where indi rockers go to advertise their mediocre bands.  This is basically what I understand myspace to be.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, in my experience, horny teens and indi rockers are only sexy in theory.  This is what I have come to know.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2006, 03:42:14 pm
But everyone on myspace is hot, because it is basically how horny teens hook up to arrange for blow jobs and such, and where indi rockers go to advertise their mediocre bands.  This is basically what I understand myspace to be.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the latest paranoia, it's a good place for predators to stalk children.  It's also a popular phishing hole.

~Paul
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: misterqueue on May 23, 2006, 03:50:44 pm
According to the latest paranoia, it's a good place for predators to stalk children.  It's also a popular phishing hole.

~Paul

This makes me nostalgic for the old days, when phishing scams only came in the snailmail (or to your doorstep).  And when predators would stalk children at the playground preferrably with a big neon sign saying "I am a crap dude!" so you could shoo them away good and proper.

No seriously though, there's no need to fear myspace other than the fact that it sucks; for so many reasons.*


* - I realize you were being ironic Paul; you wouldn't fear myspace.  not even if it came at you with a knife, because you are just that badass!
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: nuero on May 23, 2006, 04:06:32 pm
Can we take your cans because we're sorry you brought it up?

No, not your fault.  Refer to my earlier rant somewhere about how Myspace seems to be a way for These Kids Today to make really ugly web pages before they have mature design and content sensibilities, thus downfall of online civilization, get off of my lawn, etc.
It probably doesn't help much when just the normal site design is really (a) fuck*ng buggy and (b) fuck*ng ugly.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 23, 2006, 04:27:33 pm
yeah, actually, the majority of people who approach me on myspace are not that attractive. I just weed out the ugly ones.

Actually that's a lie. Because everyone finds the 1 picture in existance where they look mostly good, and uses that one. I, for instance, have been told that I look really different from my pictures.
Those people are still my friends, so I can assume:
1. They weren't after me for my hot body
or
2. I'm even better looking in real life
or
3. I don't look worse-- just different.

I have never actually been approached for a blowjob, or etc, on myspace. or arranged one through it.

Of course, I haven't checked my messages today, so maybe now I have.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Drastic Action on May 23, 2006, 05:50:16 pm
I get all kinds of crap messages to the effect of, "I am new here, browsed your profile, and liked it!  ROLF go to mah siet!! www.porncams4me.com/tiffany"

The internet is filled with lies.  She does not want to chat.

The internet is also filled with people who think that putting music on their site is a good idea.

And the top 8 drama?  I just randomly shuffled that to piss off the people who thought I liked them more because they were in it.  Notice: I don't show affection through ordering on myspace.

HOWEVER.  A girl I knew from way back in my little days found me through myspace, even though I didn't even have a picture of myself (just a pirate I had drawn), and that was awesome.  I don't know if it's enough to redeem the site though.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2006, 06:26:08 pm
HOWEVER.  A girl I knew from way back in my little days found me through myspace, even though I didn't even have a picture of myself (just a pirate I had drawn), and that was awesome.  I don't know if it's enough to redeem the site though.

Yes.  Yes it does.

~Paul
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 23, 2006, 06:50:38 pm
I have had so many of those!

those are the best.

the saddest thing, though, is that this girl that I was really good friends with as a kid  is now one of those girls who still thinks ponies and unicorns are the bee's knees.  damn!
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2006, 10:04:33 pm
the saddest thing, though, is that this girl that I was really good friends with as a kid  is now one of those girls who still thinks ponies and unicorns are the bee's knees.

She should get along really well with a kid that says "bee's knees."

~Paul
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 23, 2006, 10:30:43 pm
Geez! shut up! Liking phrases is not equivalent to being into ponies and unicorns. Come on! She is still in that phase that girls go through when they're like 7! all writing "cute" poetry about wanting to be a hoss!

!

!!


!!! (not the band)
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: swinehund on May 24, 2006, 12:20:39 am
I think it's okay if both the ponies and the use of 'the bee's knees' are ironic. Then you can be friends again.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 03:46:40 am
neither is ironic! I really think that that is a great phrase.

Anyway, she lives in Chicago. so.

I read something once about the idea that irony is just an excuse for doing whatever the hell you want to do.

the guy's example:

as a child, I always assumed I would grow up to wear a stylish hat to work. My father wore one, and so I assumed that I would, when the time came.
In fact, hats went out of style. And so I gave up all hope of ever wearing one. ANd then, one day, I realized the beauty of doing things ironically.
now, I wear a classically styled hat everywhere I go. If some punk ever asks me about it, I'll just wink, and say "it's what all the hep young cats are doing, man!"
he will laugh. and I will smile, and know deep inside that I have won.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Drastic Action on May 24, 2006, 04:14:23 am
I think I see where that is coming from.  After spending way too long in the hot tub with some friends, pondering various things from the past, my hair was a mess, so I gelled it so as to resemble a huge wave, because where better to experiment with my hair than during the late hours of a bbq?  I claimed that it was just to be ridiculous, but to be honest, it was a cool hairdo.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 04:44:59 am
OK, Myspace has just justified its existance.
because a cute girl who likes good music just sent me a message, because she's trying to find people who share her interests who will be at Wash U next year.

YES.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: pmcd9 on May 24, 2006, 05:02:44 am
OK, Myspace has just justified its existance. because a cute girl who likes good music just sent me a message, because she's trying to find people who share her interests who will be at Wash U next year.

YES.

And she wants to get on your dick.

~Paul
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 05:18:33 am
not necessarily.

but, you will be pleased to know, there are two girls who will be at my house on saturday who assuredly do.
both of them are so blatant that it's making me hope that I am entering a phase of my life where pretty girls will follow me around until I let them "hop on cock," as unrealistic as that is.

although, one is really religious. So she would only do it if you know, we were married.

also, I would feel bad about it.
And the girl who I actually like is not one of the two. damn.

"god, what a whore. she'll fuck anyone who marries her."

paul, this is what you get for saying that. sorry about it.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 24, 2006, 05:35:06 am
also, I would feel bad about it.
And the girl who I actually like is not one of the two. damn.

You stop talking.  You stop right now.  Your course of action from right now should be envisioning plans to convince them to both hop on your dick at the same time.  It is your duty as a red-blooded American male.  Make us proud.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 06:11:46 am
I knew that was coming.
hmm.

I think I am past the point in my life (ie: a month ago) when I was thinking maybe I should try to relax my morals about this.

"if I am not into a girl, I will not put myself into her." this is my official policy.

(that said, I am at a point in my life, called adolescence, where I am attracted to almost every girl.)
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Mite on May 24, 2006, 11:01:22 am
Religious girls are easy. Trust me.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 24, 2006, 01:19:13 pm
"if I am not into a girl, I will not put myself into her." this is my official policy.

You will have those occasional moments down the road where you think "Man, I should have boned Chicks X Y and Z when I had the chance."  But on the whole, I'd say this is a very good policy, and it will save you a fair amount of grief.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: swinehund on May 24, 2006, 06:24:10 pm
I read something once about the idea that irony is just an excuse for doing whatever the hell you want to do.

That is exactly it. Exactly.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: Mite on May 24, 2006, 07:45:08 pm
There are so many hipsters who are so happy that they could finally break their Journey shirts out of the back of their closets.
Title: Re: Well...it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 24, 2006, 10:45:50 pm
You will have those occasional moments down the road where you think "Man, I should have boned Chicks X Y and Z when I had the chance."  But on the whole, I'd say this is a very good policy, and it will save you a fair amount of grief.

This is truth, wisely stated.

Regrets are a dime a dozen. Triumphs require a little sacrifice.