The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on May 19, 2006, 12:31:15 pm

Title: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: wombat on May 19, 2006, 12:31:15 pm
I just received my copy of Nice Pete's book.  It's nicely wrapped in plastic.  Do you think he would be angry if I just, um, left it that way?  Or do I have to actually read it?
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: AugustWest on May 19, 2006, 12:48:02 pm
You'd better open it, read it and enjoy every single word of it.

If you don't, Nice Pete will know.  He'll know and he'll be...irked.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: oball on May 19, 2006, 03:05:28 pm
It's nicely wrapped in plastic.

Just like Laura Palmer.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: wombat on May 22, 2006, 07:39:26 pm
I survived the reading of Nice Pete's book and calmed down enough to remember that I had ordered vol 6 personalized and I should look at what he did for it.   I decided it was worth sharing, (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/vol6.jpg) even though I couldn't get a really great photo of it.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: theinevitable on May 22, 2006, 07:55:48 pm
man..
I almost asked a while ago if anyone ever saved theirs. I got my old girlfriend the first book for christmas last year, and it was Roast Beef dressed as a chef, saying "I am hell of a commodious toque". or maybe "such as a commodious toque?" I wish I had taken a picture.
I did, however, keep the stylish envelope which it came in.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: Hobot on May 22, 2006, 08:48:26 pm
I did, however, keep the stylish envelope which it came in.

Shameful Confession: I peeled off and kept the little sticker on the plastic bag in which my HUUUGS shirt was wrapped.  It has information about Garment Care, but I thought it was nifty because there is a little image of Ray on it.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: Drastic Action on May 22, 2006, 08:50:13 pm
Heh, the packing slip for my What we need more of.. shirt had a rather chipper little image on it, so I kept it as well.  It doesn't beat the hastily hand-drawn evil cat that I got randomly on a packing slip when I ordered some Big D and the kids table stuff, but it is close.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: CortJstr on May 22, 2006, 08:52:15 pm
Shameful Confession: I peeled off and kept the little sticker on the plastic bag in which my HUUUGS shirt was wrapped.  It has information about Garment Care, but I thought it was nifty because there is a little image of Ray on it.

This must be new since I last ordered a garment.

My Vol 1. personalization is my favorite. It says "To Kyle, Who does not lose his shit even in the presense of danger." The picture is of Philippe on a tiny chunk of ice with a shark fin nearby. He's looking all superior and saying "If that is a shark then it is very poorly drawn."
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: theinevitable on May 22, 2006, 08:59:52 pm
that is fantastic.

cort, you win.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: jough on May 23, 2006, 02:02:33 pm
Cort: Scan?
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: side_show on May 23, 2006, 02:11:46 pm
Wait, wombat, did he sign it "with love?"  I thought he was supposed to hate the fuck out of all of us, but apparently if you toss him the cheddar he is all about the love.

Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: wombat on May 23, 2006, 03:07:24 pm
He did not sign it ''with love", but since I asked to have it dedicated to my dog, we probably can't read anything into it.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: theinevitable on May 23, 2006, 04:34:56 pm
Quote
He did not sign it ''with love", but since I asked to have it dedicated to my dong, we probably can't read anything into it.

that is what I saw. And I was hell of confused at you, wombat.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: CortJstr on May 24, 2006, 01:16:05 pm
Cort: Scan?


I was about to say I don't own a scanner (and our copier/scanner/printer/document servers at work have a password on the all but the copying) but I was just informed that we're getting a slightly used all-in-one from the in-laws this very weekend.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: TheAchewoodChap on May 25, 2006, 05:22:17 am
i have to admit i don't read but i have my assurances that this book is vile, degrading filth of the highest Metroid
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: CortJstr on June 19, 2006, 01:31:17 am
Cort: Scan?


Time to resurrect a thread! I finally got that scanner (http://www.cortjstr.com/images/book1.png).
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: wombat on June 19, 2006, 01:48:20 am
I am jealous.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: misterqueue on June 19, 2006, 02:06:19 am
Even I, in my Philippe hatred, think that is basically excellent.
Title: Re: A Wonderful Tale
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2006, 07:33:45 pm
I am again resurrecting this thread. I got a birthday package today with A Wonderful Tale, Beef's zine, and Volume VI (http://www.cortjstr.com/images/volume_vi.png). I have had excellent luck with some of these personalizations.