The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on September 11, 2003, 10:18:35 pm

Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: CortJstr on September 11, 2003, 10:18:35 pm
Quote from: "Onstad"
See Eli (with star Rider Strong) sporting an ultra-hip Achewood ringer at the SF premiere!


The hell?

Also, how bad a sign is the Paypal link?
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: jough on September 11, 2003, 10:22:28 pm
I guess someone associated with that shitty new movie is an Achewood fan.

Nice ad for them.  I hope they paid him for it.

And yeah, that Donation link is a sign of desperation for sure.

I guess dock work doesn't pay as well as it used to.  The whore.
Title: move
Post by: satchel on September 12, 2003, 01:16:32 am
Chris did say the movie’s writer is an Achewood patron. In the picture (http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2870435/multimedia/images?item_id=3032798) the fellow had on the Téodor Clash t-shirt. I wonder what the circumstances are? Did the fellow order the shirt himself? Did someone give it to him? Is this hunk a personal friend of Chris?

I read the Onion review (http://www.theonionavclub.com/3935/cinema.html#review1) of Cabin Fever, which didn’t sound worth seeing.
Title: About the movie
Post by: satchel on September 12, 2003, 02:31:51 am
Was the old Achewood forum embarassing Onstad when celebrities visited his site? Is that why he squelched it?

Prithee ‘nay.’

Those same celebrities might have found the Achewood forum anyway and are here posting!
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: AugustWest on September 12, 2003, 03:47:19 am
All right, I admit it.  I'm busted.

I'm really a stealth celebrity.  Sooner or later I knew you'd all find out.

I'm really Dawn Wells, TV's Mary Ann from the hit CBS program, Gilligan's Island.  

I truly hope this doesn't change anything between us.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: CortJstr on September 12, 2003, 03:51:04 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
All right, I admit it.  I'm busted.

I'm really a stealth celebrity.  Sooner or later I knew you'd all find out.

I'm really Dawn Wells, TV's Mary Ann from the hit CBS program, Gilligan's Island.  

I truly hope this doesn't change anything between us.


Show us your boobs!
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: AugustWest on September 12, 2003, 04:00:02 am
You wish.

Have a piece of Coconut Cream Pie instead.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: V-Adore on September 12, 2003, 06:18:46 am
I was under the impression that there'd always been a Paypal donation option on the site, but maybe I merely hallucinated it.

That said... whatever the merits of Cabin Fever, that banner ad is fugly as sin and messes up the otherwise-pristine page layout that has always been such a trait of the Achewood page. Depressing, really.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: beverly on September 12, 2003, 09:42:46 am
http://web.archive.org/web/20020601230126/http://www.achewood.com/index.html

kraka-CHOW.  The paypal button has been there, I thought right.  It was for a different purpose, though.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: jough on September 12, 2003, 03:04:03 pm
I miss the old layout with the little shadowy boxes.  It made the whole site look like a comic.
Title: have you seen it? tell me, have you seen it?
Post by: satchel on September 13, 2003, 01:33:09 am
(http://home.swbell.net/jcberry3/webpix/acf.gif)
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: jough on September 13, 2003, 04:52:57 am
That image is probably better than the film.

It's being pretty much universally panned.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: FeeReep on September 13, 2003, 05:30:04 am
Eli's claim to fame is that he's a David Lynch protege.

But when Lynch actually saw the movie Cabin Fever, he requested that his name be removed from the list of Executive Producers. Lynch claims that there's no hard feelings, the movie just wasn't his "cup of tea".
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: ferocious j on September 15, 2003, 08:39:35 pm
Quote from: "FeeReep"
But when Lynch actually saw the movie Cabin Fever, he requested that his name be removed from the list of Executive Producers. Lynch claims that there's no hard feelings, the movie just wasn't his "cup of tea".

Coming from the dude who made Lost Highway, that's a bold fuckin' statement.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: slink on September 15, 2003, 08:54:15 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"

Coming from the dude who made Lost Highway, that's a bold fuckin' statement.


I love how people either like or despise Lost Highway!
I don't like the look of Cabin Fever however.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: jough on September 15, 2003, 09:06:55 pm
It got a nice review from Film Threat.

Anyway, it's cute that Onstad comes in his ##### whenever someone semi-famous mentions his work.
Title: Cabin Fever
Post by: Choop on September 15, 2003, 09:13:28 pm
Heh, Onstad's all Kyle MacLachlan, and Eli's all Elizabeth Berkeley.

Who's that make Gina Gershon? rstevens?


(cf. Showgirls (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114436/))