The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 03:42:32 am

Title: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 03:42:32 am
Hm.

Wouldn't the longer length of Ray's false-dong create a lever effect, reducing the number of ounces necessary For His Pleasure(tm)?


If I had plans, they were made by an incorrect life I no longer maintain. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05242006)
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 24, 2006, 03:48:24 am
Oh boy, I don't know what's up with the new update schedule, but I'm liking it.  These last few strips have been freaking hilarious.  There's some great panel moments here.  Panel three is the most excellent "Come join us" look ever, and Naked Teodor is always amusing.

Solid Gold.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: smick on May 24, 2006, 03:48:28 am
God bless the dopey grins in panel three.

Their dopey pleasure is only reflected in me.  Looking at them, I feel as they do.   I join them in the world dream of cantilever c*ck effigy.

I will not go to work tomorrow. 
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: mrdna1 on May 24, 2006, 03:50:45 am
God bless the dopey grins in panel three.

Their dopey pleasure is only reflected in me.  Looking at them, I feel as they do.   I join them in the world dream of cantilever c*ck effigy.

I will not go to work tomorrow. 
Dopey? Smiling Beef is fuck*ng creepy.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 24, 2006, 03:53:34 am
I also like the little detail that, even though T is a little pudgy, he is still an "18 inch waist" because he is an alive stuffed animal, not a pudgy guy.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: jcreed on May 24, 2006, 04:07:10 am
What history does not record is that the Buddha had a two-foot bamboo pole attached to his waist with a sack of rice at the end.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 24, 2006, 04:23:28 am
"an incorrect life I no longer maintain"

So correct. So correct.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: jough on May 24, 2006, 04:32:03 am
Man, this one is great.  I laughed out loud.

And the correct thread title is either:

I have no wants!

OR

If I had plans, they were made by an incorrect life I no longer maintain.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Doc on May 24, 2006, 04:49:11 am
Incorrect life is indeed the thread title.

Panel three smiles are the creepiest thing ever. I love them.
It is clear now that Beef was not removing Ray's water as some sort of reaction to what he said but rather because this is science and he had to experiment.

It is worth noting that in a lesser comic strip (or god help us situational comedy) the whole joke would have been 'Tedore thinks Ray and Beef are being creepily gay, this misunderstanding causes wacky antics to ensue.' The joke is so clearly semaphored ahead by teodore's expression that Onstad realises the telling of this joke is unnecessary. Thus we assume it told and head onto the next bit: 2.5 ounces of Zen.

Additional: I can't wait to see mr. Bear in one of these. Somebody's not going to be afraid of the police.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 04:55:21 am
damn. you are right.

I just re-read the strip to find a title, and immediately latched onto that line.

I suppose this is the teenage decision making capability at it's finest.

dude, it was punishment. Science would have most likely been putting in more.

he removed his water as punishment.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 24, 2006, 05:14:57 am
Additional: I can't wait to see mr. Bear in one of these. Somebody's not going to be afraid of the police.

This is a possibility I had not considered.  It is like little avenues of possible hilarity are opening up before me!  I have changed the dong-water of life.


END CLUMSY_DUNE_REFERENCE
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 05:19:11 am
dude I am reading that book right now. I love it so much. and I had forgotten this fact.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: Thee on May 24, 2006, 05:49:25 am
What clicks for me is how batshit Teodor goes when he realizes his dong potential.  And the last panel.  Agreed.

I have just returned here after a hiatus.  It feels like slipping into a well worn pair of loafers.


Also, hell yes, dune, motherfuckers
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: nuero on May 24, 2006, 06:33:55 am
I laughed out loud for the fourth strip in a row, so it's definitely good. Especially this year which hasn't been very funny at all.

I was missing it.

Jumping on the "Dune rules" bandwagon.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: melack on May 24, 2006, 07:10:09 am
From now on, every time I change my mind on something, my excuse will be that my prior state of mind was made by an incorrect life that I no longer maintain. This will be funny at first. In fact, it will be very funny. But after a while it will lead me to question the corectness of life, or whether man can truly deign one's life incorrect and cast it aside. At this point I will feel sad from thinking too hard.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: MattFish on May 24, 2006, 07:13:53 am
Okay I think it's time we all made these and blogged our feelings and responses

This is some great dialogue here. I can't wait to see how far this goes.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: misterqueue on May 24, 2006, 10:15:54 am
Yes, we are all in agreement.  Finally a strip everyone can talk about at Thanksgiving without a huge fight erupting.

That is, if your family likes talking about dong counterweights at Thanksgiving... mine's pretty fucked up so I can't use them as a judge of what's nominal.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: littlefox on May 24, 2006, 10:19:43 am
Okay I think it's time we all made these and blogged our feelings and responses

Curse my incorrect gender!
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Doc on May 24, 2006, 10:23:14 am
Worry not little fox, thanks to science we now know that all women babies want to have a dong even while in the womb but only few manage it. Now you can live the dream.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: wombat on May 24, 2006, 11:59:13 am
Interesting:  Even just reading about this discovery has made the guys so serene that no one has jumped on the first poster for not including a link to the strip.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: misterqueue on May 24, 2006, 12:07:22 pm
Interesting:  Even just reading about this discovery has made the guys so serene that no one has jumped on the first poster for not including a link to the strip.

We're all far too busy imagining the bliss of having our vestigal counterbalancing dinkuses (dinkusi?  dinkii?) returned to us through the magic of foil.

Complaining about linking was part of an incorrect board we are no longer maintaining.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: dejavroom on May 24, 2006, 12:40:40 pm
Funny that there is no initial rejection or hesitation from the part of the person trying the cantilever undies, they just... embrace it, brain circuits shooting fireworks and all. I was wondering if this could be the start of a silly army, but Beef said something about how they would have to stay at home, like, forever, and... I foresee a conjoined effort from Molly and Pat to slap some sense back into the boys (But not really).
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: Eitch on May 24, 2006, 01:26:30 pm
Just the first six panels alone would have made me happy for the rest of the day.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ******.
Post by: CortJstr on May 24, 2006, 01:32:26 pm
Beef and Ray are so calm and serene the Teodor couldn't even argue or question their sanity. Plus part of him* instictively knew that whatever they were doing was right and that T should join in.

*down in the wang region.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Jeepers on May 24, 2006, 02:15:01 pm
Everyone is so serene on this board that no one has pointed out the fact that Beef and Ray are starting a cult.

think on it. they have found the path to happiness, which they wish to share with others. They feel that the outside world will not embrace or understand them, so they seclude themselves in the pool house.

it is happening.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: AugustWest on May 24, 2006, 02:41:43 pm
I wonder if these cantilevered appliances are also barbed.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Roger on May 24, 2006, 03:09:28 pm
Everyone is so serene on this board that no one has pointed out the fact that Beef and Ray are starting a cult.

think on it. they have found the path to happiness, which they wish to share with others. They feel that the outside world will not embrace or understand them, so they seclude themselves in the pool house.

it is happening.

Oh, but the true believers will know. They will pick up the message, and they will come.

I too was wondering what will Molly think when she realizes what she hath wrought. But Pat, I'm thinking that he would be the ultimate test for the atavistic dong theory. If that makes him serene, nothing's gonna stop them cats.

No wait, what if Pat becomes a folk singer again?
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: misterqueue on May 24, 2006, 03:11:18 pm
No wait, what if Pat becomes a folk singer again?


Then clearly, he will wear a cape.

I wonder if Ray will be too serene to tell him not to in such a case?
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 03:11:55 pm
so serene that I put in the link, and I used the proper title as the title of the link.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: V-Adore on May 24, 2006, 05:37:00 pm
I am imagining that Pat receiving the perfect cantilevered aluminum dong (now that's a great phrase) will, instead of connecting him to a perfect serenity, instead get him back to a normal person's level of rage and remove all need in his life for things like the TrageDie or screaming at barbers. Perhaps it will be like the days when he was one of the dirtiest dudes in town, all talking about hanging out with his sister and brother-in-law (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02262002), before Ray made the fatal boning joke that sent him down the path to the Dark Side.

... Alternately, I could be veering into the gaping hellhole that is fanfiction. Enough.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: theinevitable on May 24, 2006, 05:44:03 pm
god V, how about you just marry him and get it over with?

"no way man! I've read that fanfiction. I know how that turns out."
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: V-Adore on May 24, 2006, 05:52:42 pm
Marry Pat? Ew, no.

... I thought about other jokes I could make here, to continue with the theme, and then decided that was universally a terrible idea and that I should just move on.

So, how 'bout that weather we've been having lately?
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 24, 2006, 05:59:37 pm
So, how 'bout that weather we've been having lately?

Yeah, it's crazy!  What do you think of Local Sports Team, or Current Political Topic?  I'm in favor of them.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: swinehund on May 24, 2006, 06:19:38 pm
So of course now I'm wondering how many readers have experimented at home.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: misterqueue on May 24, 2006, 06:44:59 pm
So of course now I'm wondering how many readers have experimented at home.

That all depends on what you're imagining they experimented with... I mean you didn't specify... I mean I have some ropes and a shitload of ether in my trunk and I was thinki-



Oh right.. the tinfoil underwear.  Uh.. nevermind..
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: DanSC on May 24, 2006, 07:03:38 pm
I think it's interesting that Beef is still just just sporting his cell phone in his holder. I would think that after noting the exponential relation between the weight and the amount of hapiness/tranquility/enlightenment gained, he would have been eager to try something a few ounces of water like Ray.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: wombat on May 25, 2006, 12:49:47 am
I've just noticed that it is extremely disturbing to see Teodor without a shirt on. 
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Doc on May 25, 2006, 01:10:17 am
You notice teodore is really the only guy who is noticably naked? For the cats, *****s and phillipe it's just their base state, and Mr. Bear and Lyle seem to have their shirts welded on but Teodore is the perfect embodiment of early-thirties droopage.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: robot_god on May 25, 2006, 01:21:13 am
You notice teodore is really the only guy who is noticably naked? For the cats, #####s and phillipe it's just their base state, and Mr. Bear and Lyle seem to have their shirts welded on but Teodore is the perfect embodiment of early-thirties droopage.

Lyle is ashamed of his bad tattoo. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01032006)
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: mrdna1 on May 25, 2006, 02:53:30 am
I'm still trying to figure out where the hell this sequence came from ... I'm thinking Onstad's either been revisiting sketchbooks he filled up while pulling baby care all-nighters, or drinking Robitussin by the gallon.
Title: Re: 24 may 2006- We've made a discovery. A breakthrough. Please, remove your ***
Post by: Doc on May 25, 2006, 03:07:06 am
Or he's turning this into a furry porn comic and wants to ease us into the transition.