The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: smick on May 25, 2006, 03:11:00 am

Title: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: smick on May 25, 2006, 03:11:00 am
Good luck on your retirement in China!

(http://raindog.net/ljimages/china1.jpg)(http://raindog.net/ljimages/china2.jpg)
(http://raindog.net/ljimages/china3.jpg)

A brown couch story of my own.

Also: Please note the framed Brandon Bird print, it is something for which I am proud.

Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: side_show on May 25, 2006, 04:10:25 pm
But smick, that couch looks perfectly fine.  Then again, the photos are not that close-up, and also, thankfully, photos do no purvey smell.  Why did you do away with it?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: Hobot on May 25, 2006, 06:27:07 pm
Is that a cat in the third photo?  If so, congratulations on your enormous cat; I have a special place in my heart for overweight felines.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: smick on May 25, 2006, 07:08:18 pm
But smick, that couch looks perfectly fine.  Then again, the photos are not that close-up, and also, thankfully, photos do no purvey smell.  Why did you do away with it?

In truth, the couch is totally fine.  It has some CAT DAMAGE to the corner, which we are unable to fix.   At the same time my parents were getting rid of a couch thats in good condition without the cat damage, so we swapped it out.    We're about to start showing the house and don't want potential buyers thinking about "GIGANTIC CAT DAMAGE"  Or perhaps that there are cats in the walls eating away at the floors or some such.

I really will miss this couch, as it is my first purchased new adult couch.   

Also in re: Hobot v. Cats

We have 5.   4 gigantic cats, and one half-cat.   Only two of them are obese.   They just grew really large. 
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: Hobot on May 25, 2006, 07:12:46 pm
Also in re: Hobot v. Cats

We have 5.   4 gigantic cats, and one half-cat.   Only a two of them are obese.   They just grew really large. 

All cats are good cats, I believe, but I am very fond of large cats, be they overweight or merely stocky.  My late cat, who was built solidly to begin with, but was also rather corpulent, weighed eighteen pounds at his peak.  This cat was known to sleep on my father's face at night.  I'm not sure how that worked without my dad suffocating, but he somehow managed to breathe.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: smick on May 25, 2006, 07:15:47 pm
The cat in photo #2 will on occasion lay in the corner between my cheek and shoulder.   She sneaks up then does a side flop right into my head.

I've also awoken to her sitting next to my head, and staring at me intently.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: theinevitable on May 25, 2006, 10:09:58 pm
my cat, Julius (named after our own Hobot!) weighs an impressive 18 lbs. he is not really fat... just HUGE.
Our female cat, who we never see because she is shy, is much smaller.
which is still big for a cat.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 25, 2006, 10:28:43 pm
Man my dog will kick all of your cats asses.  Bring it on.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: misterqueue on May 25, 2006, 10:31:05 pm
Man my dog will kick all of your cats asses.  Bring it on.


(http://www.misterqueue.com/LUCIFER4.JPG)

Lucifer Bows Before No One!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 25, 2006, 10:35:43 pm
Dammit if I could find the USB cable for my camera I would SO be all over that shit. 

You win this round Q.  You win this round...


EDIT: Let's see if I can get her in front of the iSight.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: Drygioni on May 25, 2006, 10:35:52 pm
Man my dog will kick all of your cats asses.  Bring it on.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Album090.jpg) This cat once ate a pigeon. Take that, Flip's dog.

This is what my kitchen floor looks like, and a little bit of the cupboard.

I really didn't want to turn this into a cat-thread, but I gotta defend my cat's honour. I am sorry.

EDIT: This post is unnecessary anyhow, as Q's cat is fuck*ng awesome.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: misterqueue on May 25, 2006, 10:46:27 pm


EDIT: This post is unnecessary anyhow, as Q's cat is fuck*ng awesome.

Don't sell yourself short Judy.  Any cat that can take on a pigeon deserves respect, even if it's just in the form of an image link on a message board about cartoon cats; even then.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Brown Couch
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 25, 2006, 10:51:01 pm
brown couch! BROWN COUCH! PAY ATTENTION!

Ok, this thread is officially about cats now. Carry on.