The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: misterqueue on May 30, 2006, 04:43:06 pm

Title: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: misterqueue on May 30, 2006, 04:43:06 pm
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05302006)

T looks all kinds of crazy determined running away like that.

I wonder if his vestigial dinkus bounces when he runs.

Also, why would beef first want to hide it inside a Table Saw?  Is there one in the poolhouse?  Why is that the first thing to come to mind?  Do I not understand this because I am not full of their blissfull, easy feeling?
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 30, 2006, 04:51:06 pm
Teodor, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Honestly, this weird-ass arc looks like it will be dragging on for a little longer than I might like.  It was interesting when it was just a couple of funny strips with the common theme off foil undies, but now it looks like he's bringing a dang plot into the thing.  I just sigh, and wait and see...
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: JorgeFabregas on May 30, 2006, 04:53:24 pm
Let's play match the artwork from the previous strip. Yes, I know that this is how Onstad gets the strips out semi-daily, but I noticed it more today than I usually do.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: nuero on May 30, 2006, 04:57:13 pm
A glorious expression is on Beef's face on the table-saw panel. I love it.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: oball on May 30, 2006, 04:59:58 pm
Meh.  This was funny when it was two strips with Molly and Beef.  This extended arc is starting to grate, though.

But yes, that is a glorious expression.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: Hobot on May 30, 2006, 05:32:39 pm
Huh.  So that's what a portly, crazed, half-naked stuffed bear looks like when he runs.

I still dig the altered speech patterns, but yes, I'm not sure I like the idea of an entire story arc developing from this premise.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: theinevitable on May 30, 2006, 05:42:36 pm
y'all will always doubt.
Quote
why is ray's mom sticking around so long? what? some fight thing? s'crap. Screw it! onstad, you are a crap dude. this will suck


this will end up being good.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: CortJstr on May 30, 2006, 06:11:49 pm
They should form a secret society to protect their secret then have Dan Brown write a book about it.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 30, 2006, 06:56:41 pm
This was a rare occurence where the alt-text is the funniest gag in the strip.

Not that this was a bad thing, it was very funny but... usually the alt-text serves as a palate cleanser to rejoin the internet.

This time, that's where the gut laugh was for me.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: Turbo Ninja on May 30, 2006, 06:58:50 pm
Beef looks so SOLEMN, like Linus in the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon when he's going on about angels and mangers.  Don't be solemn, Beef, and keep your delicate undergarments away from the danged table saw.
Title: Re: 30 May 2006 - What we have here is a dangerous, terrible secret
Post by: theinevitable on May 30, 2006, 08:47:33 pm
cort--
no, they should have someone else invent a pretend secret society, and then one of them will come out and debunk it and say "we made it all up," and then Dan Brown will write a book about it. And say that it is based on true events.