The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Doc on June 01, 2006, 06:25:55 am

Title: The Oozinator
Post by: Doc on June 01, 2006, 06:25:55 am
I'm sure some of you folk read overcompensating so you may have already see this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc). (Or you might have seen it somewhere else, who knows man, it's a crazy world.)
It's truly bizzare, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to make it green or blue or something and it would have all been ok, but no, someone wanted kids to be shooting each other with a white gooey substance.
Anyway, who thought this was a good idea and how the hell did it get onto the market? Corporate idiocy or bizzare NAMBLA backed plot?
Discuss.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Leyalor on June 01, 2006, 08:20:24 am
And here I was content with my childhood playtime spent throwing water baloons and the occasional rock. Think of the fun to be had spraying your friends and family alike with toy ejaculate.

on a side note, I wonder if it dries clear.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Fooker on June 01, 2006, 10:45:31 am
It took this long to make Overcompensating?!
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Drygioni on June 01, 2006, 11:00:53 am
I've heard the Iggy Pop model shoots green.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Hobot on June 01, 2006, 01:48:17 pm
The strip itself (http://wigu.com/overcompensating/2006/05/summer-of-ooze.html) is pretty entertaining, too.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: theinevitable on June 01, 2006, 09:14:22 pm
Quote
major pumping required

someone at the Super-Soaker company is deeply sick.
and knows that teen boys will buy these as jokes.
and that all boys/men have a deep urge to shoot their white gooey liquid at others.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: pmcd9 on June 02, 2006, 03:17:44 am
someone at the Super-Soaker company is deeply sick.
and knows that teen boys will buy these as jokes.
and that all boys/men have a deep urge to shoot their white gooey liquid at others.

Your preachin' to the choir tI.

~Paul
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: linnea on June 02, 2006, 06:26:11 am
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Oh my goodness! that video is highly inappropriate! It looks like a special Japanese genre of film that starts with a "b".
SO WRONG!
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2006, 12:47:20 pm
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Oh my goodness! that video is highly inappropriate! It looks like a special Japanese genre of film that starts with a "b".
SO WRONG!

If bukkake is wrong then I don't want to be right!



...wait.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Lister on June 02, 2006, 06:24:02 pm
I would like very much to be right.

On the other hand, certain filmmaking genres must be very thankful that they now have the ultimate special effect pre-made for them and available at Wal-Mart.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2006, 06:42:48 pm
I would like very much to be right.

On the other hand, certain filmmaking genres must be very thankful that they now have the ultimate special effect pre-made for them and available at Wal-Mart.

I remember seeing an image like 2 years ago of a photo shoot where they were applying white goo from a squeeze bottle to the woman's face for the last shot. I'm guessing that's more accurate than the Oozinator.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Drygioni on June 02, 2006, 06:53:39 pm
I remember seeing an image like 2 years ago of a photo shoot where they were applying white goo from a squeeze bottle to the woman's face for the last shot. I'm guessing that's more accurate than the Oozinator.

More accurate perhaps, but when has a man ever been truly accurate? We're talking realism here. Also, something like the Oozinator would provide the random burst/splatter effect that the squeezy bottle just doesn't provide.

What?
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: side_show on June 03, 2006, 01:19:27 pm
I love the hurried voice over guy - not a touch of irony in his voice.  That must be hard.  This comercial runs regularly here.  Which means the actual gun must be for sale locally.  I should investigate this.

Also, as a teen, I had a fantasy of filling a Super Soaker with bleach.  I just wanted to destroy people's clothes, but when I think about it now, I probably could have blinded some people, and I glad I didn't act on this impulse.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: V-Adore on June 03, 2006, 10:46:54 pm
Where was this toy when I was twelve years old? Honestly! Kids these days!

... now I wish I could get one in time for graduation.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: misterqueue on June 04, 2006, 01:17:32 am
I love the hurried voice over guy - not a touch of irony in his voice.  That must be hard.  This comercial runs regularly here.  Which means the actual gun must be for sale locally.  I should investigate this.

Also, as a teen, I had a fantasy of filling a Super Soaker with bleach.  I just wanted to destroy people's clothes, but when I think about it now, I probably could have blinded some people, and I glad I didn't act on this impulse.

Not only blinding but that shit buuuuurns on the skin.  Take it from me, it is NOT comfy. 
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 06:34:10 am
Quote from: sexylosers
You bleached your hand!? What are you, retarded?
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: side_show on June 04, 2006, 02:08:48 pm
See, I once worked at a bagel restaurant where the owner/manager made us all soak our hands in a bleach solution before we put on our sterilized gloves, and since we had to chance from preping food to cash, we had to soak our hands repeatedly through out the day.  My hands turned white and cracked.  So yes, it hurts. 

However, it is the only job from which I was fired, and when he fired me, my boss refused to tell me why he was firing me, and since I had been a model employee, I was very confused.  This was when I was a teen, and I went home puzzled and didn't tell my parents until the next day because I was so confused.  The next morning, my dad wanted to drive me to work and the jig was up. He went down to demand my boss give a reason as to why I was fired, and my boss told him that I had made "inappropriate comments,"  but refused to elaborate.  This was so very odd, and I still have no idea what I said that got me fired.  Not that it matters - the shop closed down in less than 6 months anyway.  I always suspected that the actual reason was that someone saw the cook hand feeding me chicken salad in the kitchen.  Sexy times.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: misterqueue on June 04, 2006, 02:26:26 pm
I always suspected that the actual reason was that someone saw the cook hand feeding me chicken salad in the kitchen.  Sexy times.

BOWM CHICKA-Chicken BOWM BOWM!   
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 04:34:43 pm
um, in Canada do they have to give a reason when they fire you?

I, as a teenager, was until recently under the impression that they have to give you a reason when they fire you here. Apparently I was wrong. My class was laughing at me so hard.

Actually, I brought it up, and they thought I was being witty. So they laughed. Awkward.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: side_show on June 04, 2006, 04:39:45 pm
Yes, in Canada employers are legally required to give a reason for firing you.  It is required.  Except in the first two weeks of employment during which time either party can terminate the contract without notice.  But I was beyond the two week mark - it was something like a month in, if I remember correctly.  My dad kept going on an on about how my boss was breaking the law by not giving a specific reason for firing me, but I didn't really care, the job totally sucked.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 04:48:20 pm
it was also probably hell of an abuse to make you dip your hands in bleach.

bleach is not something that people are supposed to touch.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: Hobot on June 04, 2006, 05:09:05 pm
it was also probably hell of an abuse to make you dip your hands in bleach.

bleach is not something that people are supposed to touch.

Hence the ingestion of bleach being a (really unpleasant) method of suiciding.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2006, 02:10:14 am
um, in Canada do they have to give a reason when they fire you?

I, as a teenager, was until recently under the impression that they have to give you a reason when they fire you here. Apparently I was wrong. My class was laughing at me so hard.

Actually, I brought it up, and they thought I was being witty. So they laughed. Awkward.

I live in a "right to work" state which means that either party can terminate employment without cause or warning. Plus the personel department at my job won't say anything about how/why a person left, they just confirm dates of employment so a person could easily just quit at lunch. In fact the guy I replaced went to lunch and never bothered to come back.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 05, 2006, 10:11:32 pm
I live in a "right to work" state which means that either party can terminate employment without cause or warning. Plus the personel department at my job won't say anything about how/why a person left, they just confirm dates of employment so a person could easily just quit at lunch. In fact the guy I replaced went to lunch and never bothered to come back.

Hawaii is an "at will employment" state meaning either side can terminate the relationship for no cause and with no notice.
Title: Re: The Oozinator
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 10:24:48 pm
I'm glad that states do exist where they have that law.
because otherwise, I was going to feel really stupid.

also: I would wonder if my subconscious was vaguely leftist.