The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on June 01, 2006, 06:28:39 am

Title: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: ananke on June 01, 2006, 06:28:39 am
This one has amusing bits but overall this is unpleasant.
Title: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: mrdna1 on June 01, 2006, 06:31:33 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06012006

I wish Beef's zine was a "hey guys forget about tinfoil dongs tomorrow is chicken!" device, but I guess we still have a few more days/weeks of the under##### left.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: Ben-San on June 01, 2006, 06:53:46 am
I am expressing support of this thread, because that line was exactly the money shot of this update.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: thedudeabides85 on June 01, 2006, 07:05:09 am
Of course we need to change the the thread title's "are" to "aren't" to properly convey Beef's assumption that indeed rapping entirely about current events is inimitably dangerous (I think this is what doomed Mace).  Describing MGD as "VERY terrible" should be given recognition as well.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: melack on June 01, 2006, 07:29:59 am
Is 'advertainment' a word yet? If not, it just became one.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: misterqueue on June 01, 2006, 10:59:58 am
Again with the passing off advertising as content.  I will buy it already Mr. Stad, I will, you don't need to do this man.  I love the Roasted Beef, okay?  OKAY?!


Anyway, all I have to say about this is that that is a picture of Flava Flav.  I have met him.  I had a picture taken with him.  He is very very tiny.  And hyper.  Did I mention hyper?  Well he's hyper.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: Drygioni on June 01, 2006, 11:09:28 am
It's simultaneously both confusing and amusing to see Beef act so confident in a direct interview. Beef reserves the lack of mercy for one dude only. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04202004)

I yearn for a return to the strip. Nice as it is, we don't need no fascist 'zine thing.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: CortJstr on June 01, 2006, 01:01:33 pm
It's nice to have the illustration of Ray talking. Maybe if you buy enough 'zines you can make a flipbook or something.

The "magic under#####" line at the top has made me begin to wonder if the mojo of the foil-dong is strong enough that they could make Ray resists Lazarus were he wearing both at the same time.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: littlefox on June 01, 2006, 01:17:51 pm
Is 'advertainment' a word yet? If not, it just became one.

This doubles as advertainment, but I think the real motivation was that he was too busy working on the 'zine to come up with a comic. So he posted 'zine pages as both a preview and a replacement.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: wombat on June 01, 2006, 01:28:55 pm
OK, is someone going to tell me what MGD is?

You all have such a touching faith that this zine is actually going to exist.  I think, sadly, this is all there is.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: misterqueue on June 01, 2006, 01:29:22 pm
OK, is someone going to tell me what MGD is?

You all have such a touching faith that this zine is actually going to exist.  I think, sadly, this is all there is.

Miller Genuine Draft, which is basically, really really bad; even for beer.

I guess at least it's not "The Champagne of Beers" (Miller High Life), which is neither, properly, Champagne nor proper beer.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: Hobot on June 01, 2006, 01:32:07 pm
The TriQuorn concept is rather delightful.  Also, "No, almost none" and "They wear Diesel."

Yes, Onstad, I will buy this 'zine of yours.  Well played, sir.

*Applauds slowly*
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: pmcd9 on June 01, 2006, 02:48:40 pm
One of my favorite memories of playing in bands in redneck bars was this overheard snippet... "Hey check it, they have Miller Genuine Draft on tap."  The mind still reels at that one.

~Paul

Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: theinevitable on June 01, 2006, 09:31:21 pm
Quote
*Applauds slowly*

slow clap indicates sarcasm.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: BuddhaRockstar on June 01, 2006, 10:45:03 pm
Couldn't resist making it...
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/ericforever/raytalk.gif)
http://raytalks.ytmnd.com/ (http://raytalks.ytmnd.com/)
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: Apple Gerl on June 01, 2006, 11:47:29 pm
haha that rocks. watch out, someone might steal it and turn achewood into a flash cartoon. ACHEWOOD SELL OUT
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2006, 01:24:34 am
haha that rocks. watch out, someone might steal it and turn achewood into a flash cartoon. ACHEWOOD SELL OUT

Several years ago on the old forum Onstad was asking for help with Flash stuff but we never saw anything materialize from it. Granted he might have been working on something totally unrelated to Achewood but that's just silly.
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: Apple Gerl on June 02, 2006, 01:58:34 am
Oh, really.. thanks for that info. I guess it depended how well it was done whether or not it would be a sell out. I don't think it would be the same though. I have the character's voices in my head, it would ruin them!!
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: jough on June 02, 2006, 04:42:18 pm
Apple Gerl, is that GOB in your avatar?
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: birkensocks on June 02, 2006, 04:45:25 pm
Buster ???
Title: Re: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?
Post by: jough on June 02, 2006, 04:59:17 pm
Well, they are brothers, so you can see how I'd get confused. ;)