The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 06:26:31 pm

Title: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 06:26:31 pm
this is what happens when hip-hop culture has overly infiltrated even non-hip-hop-listening segments of a high-school population, resulting in ironic usage of hip-hop imagery. (http://photos-243.facebook.com/ip006/v20/160/33/1401570005/n1401570005_30025243_1992.jpg)

the hubcap is my bling.
everyone thought this was really clever.
But, the task I am putting to y'all is this: where did I steal this idea from? I seem to remember seeing this elsewhere. And I am not content in plagiarising.

Also: be glad I am not posting the "pimpin'" picture where I am surrounded by girls making awkward faces, and I am making a face which I thought looked "tough."
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: AugustWest on June 04, 2006, 08:04:41 pm
Somewhere underwater?  Mount Fuzzlevania?  Outtafocusville?
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2006, 10:38:25 pm
that was not a picture taken by me.
I am sorry for this.
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: jough on June 05, 2006, 01:47:00 am
Flava Flav?
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2006, 02:16:08 am
the hubcap is my bling.
everyone thought this was really clever.
But, the task I am putting to y'all is this: where did I steal this idea from? I seem to remember seeing this elsewhere. And I am not content in plagiarising.

There was a Simpsons where they wore hood ornaments. But I don't remember ever seeing hubcaps.
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: side_show on June 05, 2006, 02:39:29 am
You can buy light-up, spinning, miniature versions  here (http://www.hiphopwholesale.com/hip-hop-pendants.php), so I'm guessing someone started out with the big one somewhere.

Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: robot_god on June 05, 2006, 05:06:56 am
Off the tire of a Corolla?
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 05, 2006, 06:14:15 am
At first, when I started using Snoop-speak, with the -izzles and so on... people didn't know if I was kidding or not, as a very very white person. Nowadays, people are rather sure that I am using it as such and all is gizzle in the hizzle. I do, however, believe that no one actually ever used Snoop-speak and it was just an experiment to see if suburban white kids would start saying it. So that they could laugh at them very very hard.
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: linnea on June 05, 2006, 08:13:10 am
It's actually pretty hilarious. As far as I know, Snoop cribbed the izzle speak from a 1970s song called "Double Dutch Man." It has these high-pitched girls' voices saying, "Dizz-uble-Dizz-utch! Dizz-ubble, Dizz-ubble, Dizz-ubble Dizz-utch!" and then there's this really dirty old man's voice talking about getting on the double dutch bus. Creepy.

My favorite part of the "fo shizzle!" was seeing a picture of a sign for a  Pho shop (vietnamese noodle soup shop) on Derek Kirk Kim's website that read, "Pho Shizzle". I almost peed myself laughing. Somebody CJ that for me, please?
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 12:50:10 pm
this is the only time I have been able to accomplish a cortjstr:

it is here. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/Wraith2288/phoshizzle.jpg)

because I had saved it on my computer.
Title: Re: where did I steal this idea from?
Post by: Roger on June 05, 2006, 02:26:52 pm
I remember reading somewhere that the kids in the "Double Dutch Bus" song were speaking in Pig Latin. But I don't know the exact rules of that language, I'm still trying to figure out Cockney Rhyming Slang.

But take it from Chef:
Well, like with our slang. Black people always used to say, "I'm in the house" instead of "I'm here." But then white people all started to say "in the house" so we switched it to "in the hizzouse." Hizzouse became hizzizzouse, and then white folk started saying that, and we had to change it to hizzie, then "in the hizzle" which we had to change to "hizzle fo shizzle," and now, because white people say "hizzle fo shizzle," we have to say "flippity-floppity-floo."