The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: FlipConstantine on June 05, 2006, 05:54:00 am

Title: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: FlipConstantine on June 05, 2006, 05:54:00 am
Link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06052006)

The sad part is I know a dude with that speaker.

Alternate titles include but are not limited to:

AGH! SLAM!

Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever.

and "Like that one villain in Krunkman Kronicles".
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 05:55:48 am
the sad part is that the concept of that comic book is hell of childish.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: mrdna1 on June 05, 2006, 05:57:53 am
This sequence has had some really good single panels ... Teodor's magnadong being pulled by the speaker and ultimately stuck to the door are fine examples of that. Nothing will beat "The Boys Are Back In Town!" though.

I'd make a joke about Teodor being "hung" too, but fuck if I can figure one out right now.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 05, 2006, 06:29:35 am
You see, the great thing is... Krunkman sounds as much like a street-wise rappin' African-American superhero with the powers of rap as it does like a late-middle-aged Jewish-American superhero with the powers of hard-earned wisdom and good cooking.

So I'm imagining the character as... like... "By day, Jacob Krunkmann is a mildmannered agent for low-profile sports figures, such as backup-shortshops professional wrestlers and fieldgoal kickers... but by night, he battles crime as Krunkman! Evil cowers when he lets forth his mighty battle cry... BASS IN YOUR FACE!"
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: melack on June 05, 2006, 07:35:59 am
BASS IN YOUR FACE!"


Yeeeaaaaaaaaaah boooooooy!!!
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: Lister on June 05, 2006, 10:45:24 am
If going over 2.5 ounces of counterweight by a little (paperclips, etc) is bad, how out of his mind will Teodor be now that he is hanging from his phantom dong?  That's like your own body weight in dong, man.  That's got to be like all drumbeats and fire and spearing mammoths.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: misterqueue on June 05, 2006, 11:40:33 am
Look at how proud Ray is that he had to use "Mr. Wheels".  Ray's consumer whorism knows no shame.  "This speaker is so big I couldn't even get it in here without an accessory!"  It's like a kid you can't be mad at because they're so proud of doing the wrong thing.  "Did you see how many glasses I broke?!"  All smiling big as the sun.

Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever."  Now I picture it as some sort of childhood item that they found somewhere.  Maybe it served as a replacement skateboard for Roast Beef sometimes in his Circumstances. 

Those are the two panels I got the most out of anyway.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 01:00:38 pm
oh god, I want a flashback of a'rrosto beef trying to skateboard on it, and Ray being all "it's ok, dude! we know you're poor!"
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2006, 01:11:39 pm
Look at how proud Ray is that he had to use "Mr. Wheels".  Ray's consumer whorism knows no shame.  "This speaker is so big I couldn't even get it in here without an accessory!"  It's like a kid you can't be mad at because they're so proud of doing the wrong thing.  "Did you see how many glasses I broke?!"  All smiling big as the sun.

Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever."  Now I picture it as some sort of childhood item that they found somewhere.  Maybe it served as a replacement skateboard for Roast Beef sometimes in his Circumstances. 

Those are the two panels I got the most out of anyway.


Mr. Wheels the two-man street luge.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: wombat on June 05, 2006, 01:27:58 pm

Then there's Beef.  "Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever." 

YES this is the best.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: AugustWest on June 05, 2006, 02:37:28 pm
My goodness how I laughed at this strip.  I guffawed.

It's been quite a while since I've guffawed at Achewood.  I've missed it.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: mkilly on June 05, 2006, 04:03:58 pm
I liked Beef's "basically forever" remark too.

Why could the speaker drag dude across his room through the door, but did not affect R.B. or R.S. in a like fashion (who were still equipped such as dude).
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: Drygioni on June 05, 2006, 04:06:51 pm
I liked Beef's "basically forever" remark too.

Why could the speaker drag dude across his room through the door, but did not affect R.B. or R.S. in a like fashion (who were still equipped such as dude).

Beef has a phone and Ray has a carefully balanced cup of water as weights. These would not be affected by Ray's speaker, unlike Teodor's fridge magnet affair.

Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: mkilly on June 05, 2006, 04:10:49 pm
Oh, right. I feel foolish. It was all that drugs I did this weekend I guess.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on June 05, 2006, 04:29:53 pm
Beef has a phone and Ray has a carefully balanced cup of water as weights. These would not be affected by Ray's speaker, unlike Teodor's fridge magnet affair.

Ray gave up his cup to Philippe, why is he unaffected?

~Paul
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2006, 04:33:20 pm
Ray gave up his cup to Philippe, why is he unaffected?

Well the outside of the dong is aluminum foil, which isn't magnetic. Presumably the internal wire supports are either of a non-magnetic material as well or it's a small enough amount of metal that Ray's own diabetes-courting bodyweight is enough to neutralize the attraction.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 04:50:36 pm
paul-- I believe this is the Residual Ding-a-ling Effect.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on June 05, 2006, 05:06:59 pm
paul-- I believe this is the Residual Ding-a-ling Effect.

Ah, this must be it.

Cort, I was referring to the fact that Teodor went crazy when he got a couple a papaer clips on his frontweight, but Ray is seemingly unaffected by losing his frontweight altogether.

~Paul
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2006, 05:28:04 pm
Ah, this must be it.

Cort, I was referring to the fact that Teodor went crazy when he got a couple a papaer clips on his frontweight, but Ray is seemingly unaffected by losing his frontweight altogether.

~Paul

In that case I think they forgot to account for bodytype/weight. 2.5 ounces was perfect for Ray but Teodor is smaller. I think 2.5oz was too much for him and caused aggressive tendencies to come out. Look what happened to Ray when he was given 3oz (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232006). And then Ray adapts quickly to glasslessness in just a moment (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05242006).
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: theinevitable on June 05, 2006, 06:18:25 pm
yeah seriously! it really bothers me that they don't take bodyweight/appendage-length into account. The leverage!
I think it would have been better if it was insecurity-based. Like, Ray would not need very much, and Roast beef would need a lot.

although, maybe Ray is the kind of dude who would need like a huge amount?
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: Formica on June 05, 2006, 08:16:54 pm
although, maybe Ray is the kind of dude who would need like a huge amount?

Are you insulting his actual, personal hose? (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03112005)

Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: Hobot on June 05, 2006, 10:54:01 pm
I liked the word "snappity" better when I thought it was "snappily."  That is a nice adverb.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: theinevitable on June 06, 2006, 12:00:32 am
it should have been "snappy."

so there.
Title: Re: 22' Jack Hammer Super Woofer - 5 June 2006
Post by: nDed on June 06, 2006, 09:23:10 pm
I just kind of thought that Ray had reverted back to his usual self after removing the weight. Right now he doesn't seem to be as eloquent as he would be if he were toting 2.5 ounces on his makeshift dong.