The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on June 07, 2006, 11:32:03 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072006)
It is true. Think of all the big secrets that are hidden out in the open like that.
-
~fin~
-
If he had worn a wireless headset, Son of Sam would have seemed perfectly normal as he communicated with the dog that told him to kill people. New Yorkers would have been all, "It's good to have this guy in my town! He's the bomb!"
I don't know about you, but if I saw a kid wearing metal underp-a-n-t-s, I'd be askin' questions.
Also, Beef makes the perfect crazy homeless guy/important-acting yuppie.
-
Man oh man I love me that Roasted Beef.
He's absolutely right about crazy things better out in the open.
STORY TIME:
My entire family is made up of chicanerers and pranksters. One year, for my Uncle's birthday, my parents and one of my other Uncle's decided it would be a great time to play a prank on him. I was maybe 8 or so at the time. We drove around town collecting "For Sale" signs out of the yards of homes and my Dad even managed to snag one of those HUGE yellow posted Century 21 signs. All in all we collected about 45 signs, but we needed a place close to my Uncle's house to put the Century 21 sign back together. With a truck loaded with stolen signs my Dad and Other Uncle weren't sure where to do this till my Dad said, "Out in the 7-11 parking lot. Just act like it's normal and no one will say a thing."
So there they headed. At 1am. Two guys putting together this ridiculously massive for sale sign with all these others in the back of a truck. Oh and there was a toilet and a mannequin back there too that eventually went on his lawn as well. Yeah, I dunno why that was there either.
Anyway, as they were there a fight broke out in the parking space next to us, some real low marital dispute action. The cops pulled up all lights flashing and whatnot. I remember being very very nervous looking out from the back of the car in which we had ridden. My Dad and Other Uncle just went about doing what they were completely conspicuously and hence did we finish up and drive off. The signs were then implanted (as was the toilet and mannequin) and we were on our way.
So, Roast Beef is absolutely right. It's when you're trying to hide that you'll look shady. If nothing appears to be awry, people will often assume it isn't.
-
For the lazy: And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
-
The other week I was thinking about how wireless cell phone headsets are making it harder to spot crazy people in public. Ten years ago, if you saw someone carrying on a conversation, standing by himself, you knew the guy was a nut. Now, he may just be talking on a wireless headset. I was filling up at a gas station around the same time and I saw some dirty, shirtless kid sitting under a pay phone blabbing away to himself. Ten years ago, I would have known to avoid him because he might stab me. But this time I felt bad for judging him because maybe I just couldn't see his headset. This could be a serious problem.
-
I don't know about you, but if I saw a kid wearing metal underp-a-n-t-s, I'd be askin' questions.
We are talking about Phillipe of the 'Speaker Sneakers' and 'walk around butt' fame here right?
You are correct about Beef's multi-talentedness though and I do like that they had thought this through enough to be read to demonstrate for Teodore.
-
This could be a serious problem.
This regularly causes problems for me. My neighborhood is half self-medicating crackheads and half important-looking hipster-yuppies. I get real confused.
-
Now the only thing about this strip that made me sit up and take notice was the reference to Blank Page by the Pumpkins. It is a truly tremendous piece of work, but I really think it's a little too melancholy for any sort of Twisting - solo or not.
Thinking about it - Solo Twister to Blank Page could easily appear on stage at some loony dance company playhouse, or midway through an episode of Big Train.
-
So, Roast Beef is absolutely right. It's when you're trying to hide that you'll look shady. If nothing appears to be awry, people will often assume it isn't.
In the book Illuminati, a drug cartel buys a bunch of trucks and puts "Brazilian Cocaine Importers" on the sides. The trucks are stopped all the time, but they are empty. After six months or so, the cops stop pulling them over, and the actual cocaine transportation begins.
-
My neighborhood is half self-medicating crackheads and half important-looking hipster-yuppies. I get real confused.
And I love you for that. Watch your head for a flying tiny can.
-
I'm not surprised they use that song for Twister.
Blank page, after all, is all the rage.
-
In the book Illuminati, a drug cartel buys a bunch of trucks and puts "Brazilian Cocaine Importers" on the sides. The trucks are stopped all the time, but they are empty. After six months or so, the cops stop pulling them over, and the actual cocaine transportation begins.
That would fnord never work fnord.
-
That would fnord never work fnord.
23 Skidoo!
-
but... once a lot of cocaine problems started happening, wouldn't they check out the trucks?
fnord? what?
-
This strip is real good. Ray. He speaks the stuff that everyone thinks.
Ohhhh, so that's what in all those trucks with GOD on the side.
'Cation.
-
Man I need to read the illumatis books, I am just a bad person for not having done so yet.
Fnord It's complicated Fnord Inev.
Or maybe we Fnord just like to say it is.
-
Hail Eris!
-
Dana Gould once asked if those homeless crazy people were actually having conversations with other homeless people through some sort of telepathic link... it was another comedian (who I can't remember) who suggested that old dead cellphones should be handed out to homeless people so that they will look more important.
This has been another installment of This Joke In History... good day!
-
Dana Gould once asked if those homeless crazy people were actually having conversations with other homeless people through some sort of telepathic link... it was another comedian (who I can't remember) who suggested that old dead cellphones should be handed out to homeless people so that they will look more important.
This has been another installment of This Joke In History... good day!
Actually the initial was posed by Marc Maron. I'm not sure if Dana did it as well or not. As to the latter I cannot speak.
-
"Why me?"
"Because you're here, and something has to happen to you."