The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Drygioni on June 08, 2006, 06:15:48 pm

Title: Acting Like Pat
Post by: Drygioni on June 08, 2006, 06:15:48 pm
Today on my exam paper they had a question:

An article in the newspaper has stated that schools are useless in a world of Information Technology. Write a letter to the editor expressing YOUR OWN OPINION on the matter.

My thoughts: "Well, my own opinion on such a thing is complex! That's no fun. What I've got to do here is act like a righteous dick, and have as controversial an opinion on the whole thing as possible. Then it will be fun. I've got to be a dick. I've got to act like Pat."

Starting with a condescending tone of voice directed at the (imagined) other Letters To The Editor, I leaped into the Pattish prose with gusto. Unfortunately I don't have it to show you, but I can recite some passages (note that I wasn't acting exactly like Pat; I interchanged between liberal and conservative views for full bile.):

"I'm sick of the Government and their meek, fusty view on sex education in schools. With teen pregnancies rising, the OBVIOUS answer is to let them free on a computer, where they can find many sites detailing frankly the act of sexual intercourse. I know some of you self-righteous, oh-so-precious parents may object. And you would be wrong."

"Some of you idealistic parents out there may believe school benefits social interactions. You are WRONG. Relationships of any kind at school are disruptive and distracting; instead, if all students were home schooled using I.T., pre-arranged dates with parents present can be set aside for 'interaction'. Then the children would feel satisfied that they were not only working hard, but keeping unnecessary interaction to a minimum."

If this is not interesting to you: it was better when I wrote it, I swear. Oh, and I managed to sneak in references to Pink Floyd, playing the banjo and being a veglegon.

Okay, you can go now.
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: side_show on June 08, 2006, 10:52:02 pm
Wait, writing like Pat on an exam?  Isn't that... um... ill advised?
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: Doc on June 08, 2006, 11:12:50 pm
You have to admit it sounds like a reasonable attempt at writing in that particular genre.
Wonder if you'll get realism points for irrational and unsubstantiated arguments?
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: pmcd9 on June 09, 2006, 12:28:19 am
This must be posted in full.

~Paul
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: misterqueue on June 09, 2006, 12:34:16 am
This must be posted in full.

~Paul

Paul is right, listen to Paul.
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: Drygioni on June 09, 2006, 10:56:00 am
This must be posted in full.

~Paul

I'll be getting my test paper when I get my results in August. But can you really wait that long? If not, I ain't breaking into the Government... for nothing. If you review that mixdisc of mine so I can tell whether you liked it or not, then maybe I'll try someway of getting it.

(I'm sure people understand how important it is to know whether someone likes your mixdiscs)
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: theinevitable on June 09, 2006, 05:20:51 pm
did you make a mixdisc and I missed it? Wtf!

I still have not made mine. dang.
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: misterqueue on June 09, 2006, 05:45:58 pm

(I'm sure people understand how important it is to know whether someone likes your mixdiscs)

Yes.. clearly.  *Ahem*
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: Drygioni on June 09, 2006, 05:54:59 pm
Yes.. clearly.  *Ahem*
Oh man, sorry Q. All reviews I've tried have just sounded poor and terrible; I don't know if yours is particularly hard to do justice to, but I haven't felt satisfied with anything I've written on it. Maybe one of these days after the exams!
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: misterqueue on June 09, 2006, 05:58:43 pm
Heh.. it is basically okay.  Mostly I just wanted to call you out on being a HYPOCRITE!  :P
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: pmcd9 on June 09, 2006, 06:21:06 pm
If you review that mixdisc of mine so I can tell whether you liked it or not, then maybe I'll try someway of getting it.

I'm sorry Judy, I totally suck at posting a mixdisc review.  The short review, I love it!

~Paul
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: jough on June 09, 2006, 08:43:06 pm
I would have posted a review, but I never received one. :P
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: CortJstr on June 09, 2006, 08:52:08 pm
It was posted for download (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2730.msg62694.html#msg62694) on Q's site. But I just checked the link and quoth the server, "404"
Title: Re: Acting Like Pat
Post by: misterqueue on June 09, 2006, 09:03:12 pm
Yeah, I need to recreate that page when I get back.  I think it uh... migrated when I did a list update.  (You can blame cort as I think it was his suggested list; so clearly, the fault lies upon him and not me being a bad site admin.)