The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: misterqueue on June 12, 2006, 04:02:44 pm

Title: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: misterqueue on June 12, 2006, 04:02:44 pm
I'm sure some have seen this already, but just in case: Witchcraftery (http://www.johnsadowski.com/big_spanish_castle.html)!


Burn that guy, burn him at the stake for using Science!
Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: pmcd9 on June 12, 2006, 04:09:46 pm
That is wicked cool pal.

~Paul
Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: Doc on June 13, 2006, 02:12:31 am
Wicked cool indeed.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 02:14:39 am
Yes.  I've found the longer you stare at the dot the longer the illusion lasts and if you can stand not to move your eyes it can go on pretty much indefinitely.  I realize the optical illusion but no matter how many times I do it, the whole deal still amazes me like a child with a balloon.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: wombat on June 13, 2006, 12:28:36 pm
Oh, that is too freaky.

Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: Hobot on June 13, 2006, 12:34:17 pm
Yes.  I've found the longer you stare at the dot the longer the illusion lasts and if you can stand not to move your eyes it can go on pretty much indefinitely.  I realize the optical illusion but no matter how many times I do it, the whole deal still amazes me like a child with a balloon.

Also, if you move your eyes away from the dot and then look at the dot again, the illusion keeps working (at least for me).  In fact, I just looked at the dot without staring at it for thirty seconds beforehand, and it still worked.
Title: Re: Brainless Link Offering (BLOOOOO)
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 12:37:10 pm
Also, if you move your eyes away from the dot and then look at the dot again, the illusion keeps working (at least for me).  In fact, I just looked at the dot without staring at it for thirty seconds beforehand, and it still worked.

Spoooky... *holds up floaty eyeball*  SEEEEEE... SeEEEEEE!