The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on June 13, 2006, 06:50:17 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132006 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132006)
I didn't have very high hopes for this arc at first, but this comic, especially those last two panels, has piqued my interest. Just hearing Vlad talk about having his hand raped is enough to win me over. Would recommend to a friend!
-
Yea, this is turning out to be pretty awesome.
-
I've kind of gone off Mr. Bear ever since he laid into Phillipe because of his click-bot scarring but he's back in my good books here.
-
It is clear from this that Cornelius is nothing less than a Stone Cold Killa
-
No laughs, but then again I've never laughed at a single Calvin & Hobbes strip yet still thumb through the collections every day. Laughing is all on the inside.
I was VERY upset, however, that the man-in-the-box wasn't Nice Pete. If you're going to have a convicted criminal, it's gotta be Nice Pete. I further lament the lack of Pat we've seen so far. After his no-show in the cooking event I thought we'd at least see a little more of him in the next round. But no. Onstad better be saving something up.
Also: We need a blog entry about his prison days. Is there ANYTHING this man hasn't done?
-
I would like to know whether the career prisoner is another one of those things that was just sort of lying around Ray's garage.
-
I like Téodor's dramatic gesture of holding his hand aloft to illustrate his point.
It would seem that Vlad somehow lost his shirt between panels two and six, but I am nevertheless filled with glee at his significant presence in this strip. Look at his eyebrows in panel two! Wonderful.
-
"He rape my face. He rape my hand." Man oh man, horrible horrible prison rape has never been more cynically amusing!
Mr. Bear is suddenly more badass. It's true though, Germans are awesome if you have to make a stereotype. Clearly.
Also, all I could think about for the Austrian bit was Ahhhhnold throwing his poo in a festive manner and howling. This wasn't so hard to do given his movies.
-
Cornelius is one bad mutha...
Shut your mouth!
But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mr. Bear.
-
People, Please!
We are ignoring the real issue here - from whence does Mr. Bear's encyclopedic knowledge of the clink stem?
Did he kill a man who dishonored him and with whom he dueled on a misty morning's dawn?
Was he caught trying to sneak some of Mr. Castro's finest handrolled on a visit to Cuba during his wayward youth?
Did the police finally catch up with him at the tail end of a three-month long European bender as he was overcome by grief following his dear wife's passing?
We have a right to know.
-
It's true though, Germans are awesome if you have to make a stereotype. Clearly.
Franz Liebkind, you live in my heart.
-
Cornelius is one bad mutha...
Shut your mouth!
But I'm just talkin' 'bout Mr. Bear.
And we can dig it.
-
I was VERY upset, however, that the man-in-the-box wasn't Nice Pete.
My initial reaction at seeing the the box was that it would be Todd (who's absence at the Badass Games is somewhat disappointing.) Which would make for a pretty great attempt at secrecy....
They locked me up 'cause I hit my old lady. What can I say? The bitch had it coming
F-f-f-f-f-uck n-no!
-
Oh man, any strip that introduces new ways to refer to blowjobs and handjobs is A-OK in my book ("Hey, how about we go into this bathroom stall and I rape your hand?").
The prisoner seems visibly excited in the last panel, all shaking the box around.
-
The prisoner seems visibly excited in the last panel, all shaking the box around.
Nice point there. It's clearly the visual equivalent of 'We Have A Winner!'
And to re-iterate: I would like More Pat and More Lyle.
-
Is not surprisink if next challenge is to move in with mother.
Laugh Out Loud funny.
~Paul
-
"What are we gonna do next, vote?"
Also laugh out loud.
-
People, Please!
We are ignoring the real issue here - from whence does Mr. Bear's encyclopedic knowledge of the clink stem?
I imagine him leading a grifter's life with a female partner who betrayed him, set him up, sent him up the river, etc.
-
that girl gives brain/that girl gives knowledge= tiny cans
-
We are ignoring the real issue here - from whence does Mr. Bear's encyclopedic knowledge of the clink stem?
All you need to know is that Cornelius is definitely not afraid of the European police.
-
I would like to know whether the career prisoner is another one of those things that was just sort of lying around Ray's garage.
Didn't Ray mail-order a prison pen-pal once?
-
Didn't Ray mail-order a prison pen-pal once?
He did (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01062006)
-
He did (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01062006)
And the box came from Florida!
-
does anyone know what is meant by Miami's remark to cornelius "you left your porch light on"?
-
does anyone know what is meant by Miami's remark to cornelius "you left your porch light on"?
As a result of this metaphorical porch light, trouble came a-knocking. (the knock is also a metaphor)