The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 02:08:52 pm

Title: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
Post by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 02:08:52 pm
This is Good News to Me (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060614/us_nm/beachboys_dc).

~Paul
Title: Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 02:49:23 pm
It would've been good news to me 15 years ago.  Now... I mean, who cares?  What relevance would they still have?

You can't relive those glory days.  Look at the Rolling Stones.
Title: Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
Post by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 03:17:21 pm
You're right.  15 years ago they were only 25 years past their glory days.  They were past their glory days before you were born so how could you have ever cared?

I care because I love the Beach Boys music and have had the pleasure of seeing them (more or less) intact on several occasions.  I'm not re-living my glory days because these are my glory days.  Every day is a glory day.

You're 30 years old now Jough, you should realize that older people still have a lot to offer.

~Paul
Title: Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
Post by: jough on June 14, 2006, 03:18:25 pm
Dude, I'm only 30 and I'm realising that I pretty much have nothing to offer the world anymore.  People older than me are just in the way now.
Title: Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2006, 03:31:07 pm
Dude, I'm only 30 and I'm realising that I pretty much have nothing to offer the world anymore.  People older than me are just in the way now.

Maybe they'll pull a Gang of Four/Cracker and release a covers album of their own songs.