The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 18, 2006, 10:19:07 pm
-
I saw Neko Case perform in concert last night in Park City Utah and she was really good. The woman has an incredible voice. I also met Miles for the first time. We met before the show for food and beverages (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13659-E-800.jpg).
Of course I took pictures...
- Opening Band 1 (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13673-E-800.jpg)
- Opening Band 2 (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13682-E-800.jpg)
- Set List (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13684-E-800.jpg)
- Neko Singing (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13699-E-800.jpg)
- Neko playing 4 string tenor guitar (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13694-E-800.jpg)
- Jon the Pedal Steel Player (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13698-E-800.jpg)
- Neko Singing (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13706-E-800.jpg)
- Jon the
Pedal Steel Dobro Player (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13702-E-800.jpg)* - Neko playing accoustic guitar (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13708-E-800.jpg)
- Jon the
Pedal Steel banjo Player (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13695-E-800.jpg)* - Neko playing 1919 Martin tenor guitar (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13709-E-800.jpg)
- The Guitar player (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13700-E-800.jpg)
- Neko playing 1919 Martin tenor guitar (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13718-E-800.jpg)
- Neko and Band (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13717-E-800.jpg)
- Stage full of instruments (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/NEKO_CASE/DSCN13719-E-800.jpg)
*He also played 6 string guitar, but mostly pedal steel.
I also shot a videos of Deep Red Bells (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1Fmzc-ykA) and Hex (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_dm6FOuY0).
What a great show.
~Paul
-
So were you like, on stage with them shooting these photos?
Man, those are some great friggin' photos.
Looks like a good show. I could never really get into Neko Case, and never really understood why so many dudes wanted to get into Neko's Case, but maybe I just need to see her live.
-
man, I would not get into that Case.
although, maybe if I heard the music I would want to.
-
I looooooooooooooves me some Neko Case.
-
I had the chance to see her earlier this month at an outdoor music festival here in WA.
She got a few songs into her set, and the gigantic, sunny day in which I got sunburnt, lead to rain, heavier rain, and then 45 minutes of 1/4" to 1/2" hail.
She ended up having to retreat off of the stage, and everything was shut down, she never came back.
-
It was a great show, and it was nice to meet Paul, who is the most amiable person in the world. Glad you made it home safely.
-
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that our Miles is a heck of a nice guy.
~Paul