The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Fooker on June 21, 2006, 06:52:18 pm

Title: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: Fooker on June 21, 2006, 06:52:18 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06212006

Runner up: Pat, you've been to prison more times than the neck tattoo fairy..
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: misterqueue on June 21, 2006, 07:05:29 pm
Clearly "you communicate mainly through smells and peeing"

Poor Lyle, he looks so sad.  So very sad indeed. 

Also, could you actually speak to the Weinermobile at Xmas, regardless of whether or not you are an automaton itself?  I imagine it would only play the Oscar Mayer theme song at you, and then maybe try to run you over for getting into a drunken fight with Papa XR-71.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: theinevitable on June 21, 2006, 07:07:31 pm
not SR-71, Q?
Because those things are the most badass.

also:
THE DUDE OWNS PROPERTY!

I basically love this comic strip. I read this strip, and said "god, I really love Achewood."
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: Hobot on June 21, 2006, 07:10:45 pm
Lyle is so ashamed.  That poor guy.  He communicates mainly through smells and peeing.

Of course Vlad does not talk to the Wienermobile at Christmas.  Vlad most likely speaks Russian, while the Wienermobile's language of choice is probably German.  They might not be on speaking terms in the first place, now that I think about it.

Lastly, poor Teodor.  He tried his darnedest; Ray should not be such a dick about it.


EDIT: Q has made my Lyle comment redundant.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: misterqueue on June 21, 2006, 07:18:10 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
Stuff about planes or something.

SR-71?  No... clearly no.  Never.  I was going more for a GENERIC AUTOMATON CREATING MACHINE name rather than a vehicular ridiculous thing.   But if it so pleases you to imagine I said this thing then BY ALL MEANS my friend.


Lastly, poor Teodor.  He tried his darnedest; Ray should not be such a dick about it.

To be fair, T can get pretty uppity about his cooking skills so it's kind of nice to see Ray throw it back in his face a little bit.  However, T takes a lot of crap from Ray with pretty much good-natured humor (and the occassional 2nd hand piece of recording equipment), so yeah... maybe it is a bit much.


EDIT: Q has made my Lyle comment redundant.

Funny, they said the same thing about me in high school, and I didn't even know a Lyle.  It was pretty odd now that I think about it.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: jough on June 21, 2006, 07:20:53 pm
Kim Bassinger likes paper bags and cardboard boxes and stuff, and wants to maybe own a box company.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: wombat on June 21, 2006, 07:30:16 pm
Dang. The man is so old school he drives a yellow school bus with gothic arch windows.  He is the mirror that shows the normal man that he is a clown.

I expect all of you who complained about this story arc for the past few days to get down on your knees and apologize.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: V-Adore on June 21, 2006, 07:34:26 pm
This strip does vindicate most of this arc. I mean... damn, if only for the "neck tattoo fairy" line. Ray has a point; you would expect the dude who lives with Nice Pete and isn't dead yet would have a little more rapport with Miami, if only because of deep-buried underground rage.

Personally, I think Vlad should be more upset. What kind of weird prejudice is it to assume that all automatons can automatically, like, mind-meld with other machines? He's an automaton, dammit, not a car dealer!
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: theinevitable on June 21, 2006, 07:54:15 pm
Quote from: V-Adore
Pat... deep-buried underground Rage

just wanted to make you realize what you just said.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: CortJstr on June 21, 2006, 08:02:26 pm
Dejected Lyle and Happy Beef rule you all. In the event of their absence you will be ruled by most of Ray's dialog from today.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 21, 2006, 08:54:50 pm
So, was it ever established that Miami wasn't Todd with a voice changer? Seems a lot like Todd.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: jcreed on June 21, 2006, 09:36:59 pm
So, was it ever established that Miami wasn't Todd with a voice changer? Seems a lot like Todd.

It seems like it'd be hard to eliminate stuttering with a voice changer.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: Jeepers on June 21, 2006, 10:22:58 pm
"you are the mirror that shows a normal man that he is a clown"

that line absolutely 100% made my day.
I am so satisfied.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: mrchee on June 21, 2006, 11:21:35 pm
I am glad this arc is over
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: cyclopticgaze on June 22, 2006, 12:59:16 am
I thank this strip for teaching me meaning of the word "clerestory". 
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: robot_god on June 22, 2006, 05:28:48 am
I thought the real gem was "fold with a focus and intensity normally seen only in successes."
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: EgoSumNoah on June 22, 2006, 05:58:17 am
Beef's face in panel nine.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: MSC on June 22, 2006, 08:00:23 pm
What a damn lovely strip.

So lovely that it compelled me to actually post here.  Many, many hilarious lines.  But the gothic window school bus wins with me.
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: DanSC on June 22, 2006, 09:27:57 pm
But the gothic window school bus wins with me.

Yeah, that was the ideal thread title imho. That or 'you are the mirror that shows a normal man that he is a clown.' I enjoyed this storyline; I think that Cornelius's badassness isn't sufficiently appreciated. Now when's he gonna name his pub?
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 23, 2006, 02:24:31 am
The answer is clear:

"You are the Mirror Pub"
Title: Re: 21st June 2006 - THE DUDE PREPARED REMARKS!
Post by: Drastic Action on June 23, 2006, 08:03:31 am
The Clown and Mirror ?