The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: robot_god on June 23, 2006, 06:29:19 am

Title: Ray
Post by: robot_god on June 23, 2006, 06:29:19 am
This stuffed hamster doll looks an awful lot like Ray.

(http://www.daddystoyshop.com/Puppets_and_Stuffed_Animals/hamster.jpg)
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Hobot on June 23, 2006, 02:05:11 pm
I suspect it's the similarity of Ray's ears to those of this hamster.  It needs a thong, a pair of glasses, and a sassy attitude to seal the deal.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2006, 04:09:25 pm
This stuffed hamster doll looks an awful lot like Ray.

What?  No it doesn't!
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 23, 2006, 05:01:11 pm
This stuffed otter doll looks just like Phillippe.  Here he is looking for pictures of dead bodies on the Internet.

(http://www.bigfool.com/huuugs/deadbodies.jpg)
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2006, 05:21:32 pm
I have a Phillipe bath pillow - it is an otter with suction cups on his back, and a soft tummy for resting one's head on.  I can not leave it out unattended, because one of our cats finds the plastic whiskers to be delectable.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2006, 05:44:15 pm
I have a Phillipe bath pillow - it is an otter with suction cups on his back, and a soft tummy for resting one's head on.  I can not leave it out unattended, because one of our cats finds the plastic whiskers to be delectable.

I firmly believe that the word delectable was created soley to end up in that story. That you, Smells, for allowing this humble word to fulfill its destiny.


[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: misterqueue on June 23, 2006, 06:20:08 pm

[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]

Congrats Cort for wasting so much of your life!  (this is known as Irony)

In my mind though, you'll ALWAYS be Homosexuals the Gorilla.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: V-Adore on June 23, 2006, 06:48:32 pm
Congratulations, Cort. You've officially broken the board.

Anyway, I have a small stuffed otter (clinging to a green felt object meant to simulate -- okra? I really don't know) lying on my floor. Well, I did, until I started typing this post and went to pick him up out of pity. His size and pose strikes me as very much Baby Philippe, but with a smaller head, perhaps.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: side_show on June 25, 2006, 12:47:59 am
I firmly believe that the word delectable was created soley to end up in that story. That you, Smells, for allowing this humble word to fulfill its destiny.


[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]

You know, I wrote "deli.." then thought, no.  No.  Not delicious.  Delectable.  Yes.  Delectable.  Because it's true.  He has an insane passion for eating a strange list of non-edible items.  My cat finds the following items irresistibly delectable:  plastic whiskers on otter bath pillow, bristles of any push broom, bristles on antique brush, shoe laces of all kinds, spiky cactuses, rubber bands, and any brand of dryer sheets.  His future bowel obstruction is basically inevitable.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Hobot on June 25, 2006, 02:48:23 am
You know, I wrote "deli.." then thought, no.  No.  Not delicious.  Delectable.  Yes.  Delectable.  Because it's true.  He has an insane passion for eating a strange list of non-edible items.  My cat finds the following items irresistibly delectable:  plastic whiskers on otter bath pillow, bristles of any push broom, bristles on antique brush, shoe laces of all kinds, spiky cactuses, rubber bands, and any brand of dryer sheets.  His future bowel obstruction is basically inevitable.

My cat eats paper.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Choop on June 25, 2006, 03:55:15 am
Smells, your cat is cleaning his teeth.

Hobot, your cat needs frelling insane. Pretty much just like all cats.

Smells, your cat may not be cleaning his teeth. If not, he is, just like pretty much all cats, insane.



(Listen: Forgive me. I've been reading a lot of Vonnegut lately.)
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 25, 2006, 04:50:57 am
Nothing quite like Vonnegut in the summer.

I read at least 6 of his books last summer, and have already read two this summer.  I can pretty much put down some Vonnegut and PKD at about 3-5 hours a book, if that is what I am feeling.  Hey, I think I found something a history major can help you with.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Choop on June 25, 2006, 06:00:59 am
Hell, I am a history major. Have you read Timequake? I'm finishing it (again) now.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 25, 2006, 07:26:16 am
Yea I really liked Timequake, although reading so much in the last 5 years has kind of made everything muddy.  The thing I most remember is that scene where Trout had figured it out (did he know the whole time?) and was talking about how he just likes writing, he doesn't care that he has already written it.  Possibly right before the timequake ends, I don't really remember.  Anyways, you probably have, but if you haven't, you should really check out Cat's Cradle and Mother Night.  Those are the two that I got the most out of, I guess.

What are you studying with your History major?  I am mainly doing Africa/African Americans post slavery, Eastern Europe post-Communism, and 19th and 20th century Latin America.  It is pretty fun, but I don't know what I am going to do with that degree.  I love knowing a bunch of random stuff and being able to write good papers, even if I have no idea what I am talking about.  Don't know how that translates into food and drug money, though.
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2006, 04:10:26 pm
Yea I really liked Timequake, although reading so much in the last 5 years has kind of made everything muddy.  The thing I most remember is that scene where Trout had figured it out (did he know the whole time?) and was talking about how he just likes writing, he doesn't care that he has already written it.  Possibly right before the timequake ends, I don't really remember.  Anyways, you probably have, but if you haven't, you should really check out Cat's Cradle and Mother Night.  Those are the two that I got the most out of, I guess.

I read Timequake about 7 years ago so I'm kind of hazy, but didn't this also take place after Trout was "set free" in Breakfast of Champions? So wasn't he self-aware in Timequake?
Title: Re: Ray
Post by: Choop on June 25, 2006, 04:39:49 pm
Sorry, I guess I may have misrepresented myself. I'm not a History major. I have a History degree - I guess I'm a History Bachelor. For a living I program web applications.

Yes, Trout's self-aware, though he doesn't care. Yes, he and all the rest of those on his economic level give nary a piss about the timequake. "You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." Hell of a mantra.