The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on June 28, 2006, 12:57:57 am

Title: Death in the Family
Post by: jough on June 28, 2006, 12:57:57 am
And to think I used to mock people who posted photos of their cats on the internet.

RIP Fluffy Dempsey (http://flickr.com/photos/jough/sets/72157594179807515/).
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: misterqueue on June 28, 2006, 01:35:17 am
Man that basically sucks.  I am sorry about this jough.

Hopefully he had a good ride.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: Doc on June 28, 2006, 02:27:49 am
Damn, that is not good stuff Jough.  I am sorry about this.
And now slightly paranoid because 92 was when we got my cat too.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: Hobot on June 28, 2006, 02:46:41 am
I am sorry about your loss, Jough.  I'm sure Fluffy was good people. 
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: side_show on June 28, 2006, 03:06:21 am
That's awfully sad news jough.  All the best in this tough time.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2006, 03:15:45 am
My condolences on your loss.  You wrote a beautiful eulogy for him.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: jough on June 28, 2006, 03:56:45 am
I don't know why this one hit me particularly hard.  I guess I'd never really had a pet before except for a giraffe when I was a kid.  There were three cats to start, and Fluffy was the last to go, so maybe it's that he was the last?

Thank you all for your condolences.  I wasn't going to post anything here about it but I'm very upset and why would I not tell my friends about it?
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2006, 04:01:38 am
I thought I posted a reply, but it seems to have vanished.  Sorry for your loss Jough.  Remember that 'ol Fluffernutter will always live on in your heart.

~Paul
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2006, 04:06:15 am
Eddie (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060627/en_celeb_eo/19365) from Frasier also passed away today.  He was 16.

~Paul
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: jough on June 28, 2006, 04:10:08 am
fuck*ng celebrity pets trying to steal Fluffy's thunder, that's what it is.

Fluffy was way better than Moose the dog.  What would the dog do?  Just sit there and stare at Frasier?  Fluffy could stare at you so intently that you started to feel deep resounding shame.  And then he'd lift a little paw and pet you to make you feel better.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: theinevitable on June 28, 2006, 05:46:50 am
man, cats are the best.

my ex girlfriend had a cat which would sometimes come up and slap her. I didn't believe it until I saw it happen.

I should have taken a hint from this.

Jough, you felt that shame because a cat can see through to your very soul.

I appreciate your loss. losing a pet is not small beans. I am sorry that your cat, who I never had the chance to meet, has died.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2006, 06:03:01 am
I'm very sorry for your loss. Fluffy was a beautiful cat, and I'm glad to hear he brought you and yours joy.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2006, 07:16:04 am
Spanky and I had each other since 1991 when he left for good in March. That was a hard day for me and I know this is a hard day for you.

Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: Mite on June 28, 2006, 10:47:00 am
Sorry about Fluffy, Jough. He looks like a right honest cat. I think I'll go hug my guys.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: linnea on June 28, 2006, 02:48:24 pm
Nooo! That is so sad. :( Dammit, I am really sorry to hear that. Fluff was one hell of a special guy. He's definitely in kittyheaven now, a place where he and Schnock can play and one never has to wear a kittyspacecollar/cone.  A place where the treats flow freely.

Gosh, his little feet do look irresistably fluffy. I had always imagined him as white, but his black and white fur is especially cute. Rest in peace, Fluffy F. Dempsey.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: Jeepers on June 30, 2006, 02:59:54 pm
I'm sorry about your lil guy there.

He looks... he looks fuckin... Regal.
Title: Re: Death in the Family
Post by: jough on June 30, 2006, 04:15:40 pm
He was a prince.