The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 29, 2006, 08:11:39 pm

Title: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: pmcd9 on June 29, 2006, 08:11:39 pm
You ain't been around much.  You just checked in today because you knew we would throw you a birthday party.  Happy Happy Birthday.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: misterqueue on June 29, 2006, 08:27:19 pm
The man so good he gets two birthday threads a year.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: theinevitable on June 29, 2006, 08:31:06 pm
asher! dan! you are cool. I dig you.

your posts make me smile and/or cry, depending on your aim. Congratulations on being a #1 quality poster. and getting older.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: linnea on June 29, 2006, 08:43:40 pm
Happy birthday, Ash!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 29, 2006, 08:58:29 pm
That is awesome! T-15 days here although the incubator figures on July 10th. Way to go Asherbaby!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: AugustWest on June 29, 2006, 09:09:39 pm
Rock on Asherbaby!  And AsherDad.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Drygioni on June 29, 2006, 09:46:00 pm
Have a great birthday, mister Mister.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Doc on June 29, 2006, 10:40:45 pm
Yes! Happy birthday for realz this time.
And don't sweat the Asherbaby being a premmie, I was premature by a full month (almost to the day) and it never done me no harm.
In fact premature babies are known to grow up into individuals known for their striking good looks and charm. At least that's what my mum tells me...


Edited because I shouldn't be allowed to use apostrophies.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 29, 2006, 11:29:53 pm
I was 9 weeks early. Just over 4 1/2 lbs.

in 1967 when the knowledge base was a little slimmer than it is now.

Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Mite on June 29, 2006, 11:39:03 pm
Happy Birthday for you and the little one! Maybe you could throw a little baby picture action our way?

I was born 3 weeks late. Consequently, I was a fat ass baby.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on June 29, 2006, 11:52:01 pm
I'm not wishing him a happy birthday again.  He can go read that other thread.

And Ash, you're giving the 6PM feeding?  Did you start producing "sympathy milk" or something?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: theinevitable on June 29, 2006, 11:54:49 pm
ASH HAS BIG FULL MILK-TITS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY!

yeah I was a preemie too.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: wombat on June 29, 2006, 11:56:54 pm
OK, I give up, I have had a crazy week, I have tried for a couple of hours to think of something clever to say and I am just too brain dead.  So, it's just Happy Birthday is all.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on June 29, 2006, 11:57:55 pm
So uncharacteristic of wombat!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: theinevitable on June 30, 2006, 04:32:09 am
man, womb (wombat without the At, not the "womb" of a lady), you're really
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Tangle on June 30, 2006, 05:44:18 am
Many happy returns!

And much congratulations for Asherbaby too. Having a baby is basically like treasure.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2006, 11:32:57 am
man, womb (wombat without the At, not the "womb" of a lady), you're really

Really what? WHAT?

No, never mind, I am ignoring both you and Jough, because it's rude to derail Ash's birthday thread into Making Fun of Wombat Day. Instead, I am sure that Jough will be nice and belatedly share his tiny cans (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/135464871/) with you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Hobot on June 30, 2006, 01:03:26 pm
Happy Birthday, Ash!  You are a rad imaginary Internet fellow.  Congratulations on the successful passing-on of your genes!  Asherbaby seems like a real "trooper."
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: theinevitable on June 30, 2006, 01:26:18 pm
I was attempting to put across that I was pronouncing it "Womb" to rhyme with "bomb". Not the english word "Womb" as in, the part of a lady which would hold a a baby.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: side_show on June 30, 2006, 03:35:21 pm
Happy Birthday.  You will always be an upside down tooth to me!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on June 30, 2006, 04:16:59 pm
Yeah, Smells, Ark is the incomprehensible one.  Ash is the sensible one.  You really can't confuse the two.

Also, congrats on the Asherbaby and his anger for food.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: side_show on June 30, 2006, 04:45:45 pm
No, you are all upside down teeth to me...

Shit, no... I combine the "A" names together.  I sometimes thing Jeepers in Jough too... which is disturbing because I think he's talking to himself.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Hobot on June 30, 2006, 04:55:58 pm
All the members with "r-o-b-o-t" or "hobo" in their name are actually the same person: an unholy combination of the individual personalities of each.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Drygioni on June 30, 2006, 04:57:22 pm
All previous British posters on this board are actually me.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2006, 05:10:10 pm
All previous British posters on this board are actually me.

I only remember Slink. There's always Jough and Hobot who use superfluous U's as an affectation but they're not actually British.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: side_show on June 30, 2006, 05:31:26 pm
I use extra u's in my words and say "zed" not "zee," as I am part of the common wealth - it's fun because I have a z in my last name and it freaks out the telemarketers.  Actually Judy, Slink, Pubdoggy and myself are all one person, and I am actually an upside down tooth.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: pmcd9 on June 30, 2006, 06:24:19 pm
Awesome. I do that on occasion and none of you folks have yanked my shorts down yet.

That's because we're afraid you'll shank us if we do.  Actually, I have attrouciaous grammer and spelling and I never get called on it either.  I'm thinking that it's just so bad that I've been deemed beyond helping.

ALSO: Pubdoggy.

There was one other as I recall, but I can't remember their handle.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on June 30, 2006, 08:29:17 pm
First of all, those u's are not superflouous - they are how the words are actually spelled.

Also, again, I am not British.  I am Irish.  There is a fuck*ng difference, patzer.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: linnea on July 01, 2006, 01:37:28 am
Whoa! I didn't realize that the ashbaby was premature. I have a twin sister, and we were premature by nearly two months. We only weighed 3 pounds apiece. Our baby pictures are totally gross, and we're all scrawny and hooked up to a million tubes and monitors in our incubators. And we turned out fine! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the baby is doing well.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on July 01, 2006, 01:41:00 am
And we turned out fine!

*ahem*
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: CortJstr on July 01, 2006, 02:34:54 am
I have a twin sister

Waitaminute. You're saying that all this time we could've had double the linnea hotness? Why was I not informed?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: jough on July 01, 2006, 05:05:44 am
Maybe we *have* had double the Linnea hotness and you just didn't know...
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2006, 05:09:22 am
yeah. I have always wondered about adult twins. like, in school, you always know both of them.

so one day, will I meet someone and never know that they have a twin? or maybe, someone will tell me after years of knowing them "oh by the way, this is my twin sister?"

(the punctuation going inside the ""'s really really bothers me. because the quote itself was not a question. damn damn damn.)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: pmcd9 on July 01, 2006, 05:39:34 am
I was born at the right time, but had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, so I got that going for me.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Asherdan
Post by: Lister on July 04, 2006, 12:46:03 pm
That happened to me, too.  Maybe I've been overcompensating ever since.