The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: doomglobe on September 14, 2003, 06:28:06 am
-
I have aquired two new additions to my shiny set of coasters in the past week. Anyone else?
-
I recieve them at the rate of about 1 per week.
~Paul
-
Man, remember when you'd get the floppy with 15 free hours? I got my aol account in about '92 or so (twas at the tender age of 11). I lived in a small town, so to use it required a long-distance phone call to Minneapolis. But man, that was the coolest thing ever. Way cooler than that Gopher crap.
Whoa, didn't realize this was the comic forum. *Thinks of something achewood related* Umm, yes, and wasn't it amusing that Beef gets aol on the moon?
-
Moved to The Lounge. No pressure to be on-topic now!
-
Moved to The Lounge. No pressure to be on-topic now!
Wooooooh!
I don't get them nearly as often as I used to. But then I have more than enough coffee mats to suit me!
Plus I only get 150 free hours. But then the only time I ever touched AOL was when our phone got cutoff (students + phone bills...) and I needed an ISP with an 0800 number. That was a nasty couple of months.
-
This seems to have slacked off for me. Haven't gotten an AOLfrisbee in a few months.
Latest AOL idiocy: AOL for broadband. Hey! Pay us $20.00/month (or however much it is) for our special "content". Plus, we provide a popup blocker (which you could get for free) and a firewall (which you could get for the price of one month's service).
Who comes up with this stuff? (Damn MBA's). Who buys into it?
-
I loved it for awhile when AOL was sending them out in DVD keep-cases. I got a good dozen extra cases from them.
And when they sent floppies I got free "film" for my Mavica.
These CDs are only useful as skeet.
PULL!
:woo:
-
I got dragged to a Wal*Mart yesterday (still trying to forget the trip) and noticed a rack of CDs labeled "Free CD! Take one!" - the rack had the label, not the CDs. The CDs were hanging vertically, each hiding the one below it; covering the first one was a something or other; anyway, the point is I couldn't tell what it was by brand name. Based on the color scheme (orange, blue, yellow) and the price (free) I assumed it to be a rack of AOL coasters - who wouldn't?
We got to the checkout counter ($12.97, if you're wondering) and there were more - but they're not AOL, they're discs for Wal*Mart's own internet service! As if you can get anything worthwhile at walmart anyway, now they want me to have a choop@walmart.net email address? I DON'T THINK SO SUCKAS.
The internet is nearing its end. Outside forces over which it has no control are ruining it for everybody.[/img]
-
It's not just walmart; Target had a nice rack at the checkout counter as well.
It's amazing to me how many hours they have to give away. What exactly is the product? Time? FREE, 1,764,987 hours of AOL!
It's worth the same as 20 minutes of AOL to me. It sort of gets lumped into the same place as WebTV in my mind, fat, toothless women on vinyl sofas in a doublewide claiming to be 20 year old size 0 blondes in chat rooms, occasionally looking up admiringly at the velvet Elvis hanging behind the indoor fountain, and waiting for third-shift BillyBob to roll in and crack into a case of Pabst.
Ahhh, yes, 2003 and the internet is for everybody!
Yay!
-
A while back they gave you 700 hours in your first month. Then somebody pointed out that February doesn't even have 700 hours in it. So now they give you x free hours for your first 45 days.