The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 14, 2006, 05:40:23 pm
-
I love the Who, but they really piss me off sometimes. This (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060714/ap_en_mu/music_the_who) article says they are to tour for the first time in 25 years. What utter bullshit. They've toured numerous times during that period. I myself saw them perform about 5 years ago (they were great btw). If a band from Shepherds Bush England is playing a concert in Houston Texas, United States as part of a series of concerts across the country does that not constitute a tour? I know this is just the entertainment press, but don't they have any responsibility at all to at least bury somewhere in the story that The Who have in fact been touring their asses off for the last 25 years?
~Paul
-
This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though. They put his ashes in the bass drum.
-
This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though. They put his ashes in the bass drum.
Actually I heard his Angry Head (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05102006) was going to be beatboxin' the entire rhythm section.
-
This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though. They put his ashes in the bass drum.
And Entwistle's bones are proped up in a corner of the stage.
I get it now.
~Paul
-
The 'Oo played here in England a scant few weeks ago, possibly multiple times. Some of my friends went to see them. I could not bring myself to go; If John Entwhistle and Keef ain't there, it just don't seem right.
-
My special lady friend loves "The Ox". (It was a treat to see her light up, when she noticed the Flaming Lip: Michael was wearing a skeleton costume)
She has a ton of his solo stuff on vinyl.
We had tickets to their '02 show. Luckily I caught the news first, and was able to gently explain to her, that he would not be attending.
Maybe they mean, "The Who Still Tour After Nearly 25 Years".