The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on July 17, 2006, 02:12:55 pm
-
Hey kids,
As one who is enamoured with Flickr socializing these days, I thought "Why not start a TOUAMB group on Flickr?"
Why not, indeed.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/touamb/
Feel free to join, post stuff. It's free if you don't already have a Flickr account, and you can use it to post photos and stuff here. It's easy to upload to Flickr, and each photo has a means of giving you the code to post here to display the image.
-
Yeah but what kind of photos? I mean.. achewood apparel based stuff or just whatever?
-
Just whatever, man. You get bonus points if the photos in the pool are relevant to discussions on the board.
-
Like I needed an excuse to post more photos.
-
I think this is a good idea, but i'm shy and don't like to be photographed.
~Paul
-
i might get a flickr account and join this. Now that I got my camera to connect to my computer. Hint: turn the camera on.
-
I have a Flickr account and a shiny new 5 megapixel digital camera I just got for Christmas, so this looks intriguing. Problem is, I have no idea what to post!
-
add'd!
I am sorry that my pictures are all bad.
-
Yeah, no worries about posting anything unless it's relevant to the board, like giraffe placentas or something.
-
Apparently I have just posted the first picture to the group. What are you all waiting for? This is so wrong. I am never ahead of the trends.
-
We were waiting for you to post something, Wombie.
-
Okay, I've joined under my username "shaunmc" and posted a picture of a Sonic the Hedgehog arts and crafts deal.
-
I have posted the only vaguely achewood related thing I have in my ridiculously high number of pictures.
Man, I am totally going to suck in this pool... I'll be like.. the kid who pees.
-
I just took a new photo to have something to contribute to the pool.
There is really no pressure to perform here, kids, although of course you WILL be JUDGED.
And harshly, of course.
-
Can we invite other people? If you search for the tag Achewood there are some worthy-looking possibilities.
-
Can we invite other people? If you search for the tag Achewood there are some worthy-looking possibilities.
Man the one thing I do not want is outsiders all steppin' up ons.
I mean really.. screw those people.
-
You're just jealous that you didn't make the foil underwear with cell phone holder (http://flickr.com/photos/utako/151749801) first.
-
No.. I just want to stay at least 50 feet away from that guy.
This seems like a reasonable thing.
-
I am reasonably sure any member of the group can invite anyone else, but if not, let me know and I can extend an invite.
-
Hmm, maybe not:
You can only invite people who know you to join a group, so you'll see a list of Flickr members who count you as a contact to pick from.
We could leave comments on their relevant pictures... but then we'd have to explain that first they have to add one of us as a contact? I hope I am missing something.
-
I'm goin' out to take garden pictures RIGHT NOW!!!!
-
We were waiting for you to post something, Wombie.
Whoa! Whoah whoah whoah whoaaaahhh!!
For clarity's sake, let's have the dimunitive, nicknamey form of Wombat's name be listed as "Womby", as in "WOM-bee".
"Wombie" is a nickname that I reserve for my twin sister (wooom-bie, derived from "womb-mate"). Two totally different things.
-
Whoa! Whoah whoah whoah whoaaaahhh!!
For clarity's sake, let's have the dimunitive, nicknamey form of Wombat's name be listed as "Womby", as in "WOM-bee".
For the record, I have always gotten this right and assumed jough is doing this to spite me.
-
I don't really think about Q unless I am directly replying to something he wrote.
Anyway, anyone can join the group. It's totally open.
I've been leaving comments on people's stuff suggesting they join or add the photo to the group pool, and then leaving the address there.
-
linnea-- I think I have made that same comment before. People got all confused when I said "not to be pronounced like the part of a lady."
-
I don't really think about Q unless I am directly replying to something he wrote.
That's not what you told me last night you hussy!
-
Flickr is down, just when I was starting to get into it. Has this happened before?
-
Flickr is down, just when I was starting to get into it. Has this happened before?
I only signed up in April, but it hasn't happened as long as I've been there. I don't think this is a frequent occurrence.
-
It appears to be back now. It was down for several hours.
~Paul
-
It's rarely ever completely DOWN, but sometimes it'll lose stuff for a little while as they move things from server to server.
Big sites like Flickr aren't just one box, but have a distributed server network where each server (or farm of servers) is like a cell. If one goes down, there are redundancies in place to pick up the slack.
These things take time, though. Flickr is one of the fastest growing sites on the 'net, so I give it a little slack.
MySpace is down or broken very often too, but it was originally built by two knuckleheads, so it too gets a lot of leeway in terms of being forgiving of its hiccoughs.
I have noticed, though, that Flickr is often not down for me when it's down for other people because I'm a paid user. That does seem wrong, but I can't really complain.
I use it for the social aspects and as a way of offsite storage/backup for my photos. $25/year gets me 2Gb/month of transfer, and I don't think I can take enough worthy photos to upload in a single month, so I'm good. There's no limit to how much you can store (other than 2Gb/month) so you could have hundreds of Gb up there in just a few years.
-
The Beast is finally back in working order. I just wish I had printed off those two circles they showed on the "downtime" screen and colored them in to win a free Pro account, as the consolation contest suggested. I know I would be the 5,000,000th person to color in nipples, but it would be so worth it.
-
I am really and truly sad that Paul did not take a picture of himself looking at the page telling him that Flickr was down.
It was not down when I checked, otherwise I would have taken said picture.
-
inev: :D
-
I am really and truly sad that Paul did not take a picture of himself looking at the page telling him that Flickr was down.
That might be crossing a line or something.
~Paul
-
Heh, yeah, seriously! I second that, being 2 of 2.
Whoa! Whoah whoah whoah whoaaaahhh!!
For clarity's sake, let's have the dimunitive, nicknamey form of Wombat's name be listed as "Womby", as in "WOM-bee".
"Wombie" is a nickname that I reserve for my twin sister (wooom-bie, derived from "womb-mate"). Two totally different things.
-
Heh, yeah, seriously! I second that, being 2 of 2.
The rest of you guys just totally missed an important plot development.
(http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/photos/kellialena_visit/pict0175.jpg)
(http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/photos/kellialena_visit/pict0212.jpg)
-
wait, she means she is 2 of 2 of the Linnea series?
are you saying that this is your womb-mate?
-
wait, she means she is 2 of 2 of the Linnea series?
are you saying that this is your womb-mate?
FOR THE WIN!!!
Yep, kellichou is my wombie. The secret's out.
-
so, is she the cute one, or is that you?
-
so, is she the cute one, or is that you?
wow.
-
wow.
We're TWINS, that means we're both the cute one. I have some older posts with other photos of me here:
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1875.msg38706.html#msg38706
Photos
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2005, 07:46:09 PM »
My pa took this picture of me last week (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_Amanda_April2005.JPG) (April 17th, to be exact) when I first arrived in Denver for my short vacation. I am in my "Here Comes A Special Girl" shirt, and trying to explain something to my friend Amanda.
A slightly older picture of me is me in my little Aleutian town in February 2005 (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_haystack_2.JPG) out doing a survey with our rad GPS unit.
And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_and_Mat_Hawaii_2005.JPG) last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball. Note my fuck*ng rad gown! Also, I ran out of money buying said gown, so I am wearing my flip-flops beneath it, and I crocheted my awesome little clutch in about 20 minutes out of an $8.00 skein of yarn that I picked up at the local chain retailer there in Mililani.
Oh, by the way! I am officially an EMT now. My certification paperwork and ID card will be in my mailbox when I finally make my way back to Alaska next week.
-
I knew that Kelli was your sister all along, but that is because of my SECRET MOD POWERZZZ.
I didn't want to say anything since you seemed to think it important to keep the secret.
Also, inev, bad form, man. Bad form.
Although for identical twins, I have to say that the two of you do not actually look identical. I mean, not so much that one wouldn't be able to distinguish between you.
How did Kelli like UnAK?
Or rather, Kelli, how did you like Alaska?
-
...do other people not make that joke all the time? I thought it was a thing.
hint: the joke is that both are the cute one. so I am calling both cute. Is that OK? I am over 18, so it is straight-up legal.
-
I know, seriously. I was looking at the photos of both of them with dismay, because in my mind I was thinking "That seriously looks like a Jough Sandwich, only without the Jough!"
The mind boggles.
-
I will never understand male fantasies about twins.
-
I will never understand male fantasies about twins.
It's really not that hard to understand. It's basic manmath:
(2 girls + the addition that both are hot + plus the inherent naughtiness of them being sisters + the weird pseudo-myths that go along with twins + unicorns x the heat index - an overarching sense of shame)/The price of Chi in Tina = A train bound for San Francisco travelling at 50 mph.
So I hope this has cleared it up for you fully.
-
Alternative theory:
Men possess brains which sort things into 'Hot' or 'Not' judging by the inherent advantages/disadvantages of a concept, so sometimes an otherwise average concept can become either very ideal or not ideal at all. For example, some ladies may find an actor/actress/car 'okay looking' but a guy will quickly sort this into 'Hot' or 'Not'. This explains why less restrained males do not seem to be able to witness the average female/car without loudly exclaiming 'She/it's hot' or 'She/it's not'. It is their opinion, much in the way someone might say 'Nice weather today'.
Now, Linnea says she does not understand male fantasies about twins. The reason men fantasise on this seemingly trivial issue is quite simple: When presented with the concept of twins, males then proceed to break "Twins" down into advantages vs. disadvantages:
Advantages
There are two ladies involved in this concept
Disadvantages
None
So, it gets put into 'Hot'. There are other concepts men like seemingly indiscriminately due to this 'multiple wimmin' thing. Lesbians and slumber parties is an easy example of this. Can anyone think of more? I'm sure you can. Don't try too hard.
(This post is not in any way serious; this does not mean you will find it funny. At least let me assure that men are not simple minded #####-like organisms. #####s = Not.)
-
I don't really have a thing for twins as much as "two hot ladies at once" which granted I've always found to be better in theory than in practice unless the ladies are into each other as well, which with twins enters into strange incest territory which isn't much of a turn-on for me personally but I guess I can understand how the taboo may be attractive to some.
Anyway, I guess all I meant to say was that you two are one fine-looking set. That is all.
-
I don't really have a thing for twins as much as "two hot ladies at once" which granted I've always found to be better in theory than in practice unless the ladies are into each other as well, which with twins enters into strange incest territory which isn't much of a turn-on for me personally but I guess I can understand how the taboo may be attractive to some.
Hence the allure of bisexual ladies, I guess.
-
Hence the allure of bisexual ladies, I guess.
No no.. that's because bisexual ladies get 2 for 5's discounts at the local CVS!
It's simple economics.
-
No no.. that's because bisexual ladies get 2 for 5's discounts at the local CVS!
It's simple economics.
Who can resist those sweet, sweet savings?
-
See, I think I have the whole pleasing one lady thing down sorta, but with two it's twice as much work and pressure (albeit for double my pleasure as well). It is really helpful, then, if the ladies are into getting each other off, because then it relieves me of the burden and also makes it more fun overall. In general, everyone should be responsible for their own orgasms.
Also, as a tip for those ladies or men who are looking for a game of three, it is usually better if you let your lady both pick the other girl and also initiate contact, fellas. It really doesn't matter if the other girl is into you at all, only that she is hot for your girl. Don't worry, you'll get yours too.
Education.
-
jough, I think you can file that in a new thread called "The Opposite of Dying."
also: I would be so completely overwhelmed in such a situation that I would fear to get myself into it.
-
I mean, whoa, one hell of a Wandering Thread Award.
-
See, I think I have the whole pleasing one lady thing down sorta, but with two it's twice as much work and pressure (albeit for double my pleasure as well). It is really helpful, then, if the ladies are into getting each other off, because then it relieves me of the burden and also makes it more fun overall. In general, everyone should be responsible for their own orgasms.
Also, as a tip for those ladies or men who are looking for a game of three, it is usually better if you let your lady both pick the other girl and also initiate contact, fellas. It really doesn't matter if the other girl is into you at all, only that she is hot for your girl. Don't worry, you'll get yours too.
Education.
Another potential problem is that of jealousy. See, in theory, a threesome does not sound like a bad idea, but I know that if one of the other particip-a-n-t-s were an SO of mine about whom I cared very much, I would go insane with jealousy at seeing him/her get it on with someone else. Hell, I'd probably be jealous even if I weren't in a relationship with one of the other people; if I thought that the other two were more attracted to each other, instead of there being an approximately equal distribution of attraction, I would be extremely miffed.
-
Hobot, that is a common problem, and one which ruins the fantasy for many.
Sometimes it is best for a fella to just sit back and enjoy the "show" the first time out, especially if neither of you know your third very well.
Sometimes it is fun for a couple to get themselves a girlfriend, etc., but I've also seen it ruin relationships, or make new ones (a new pair is formed).
Anyway, the moral of this story is: if you get it on with another lady, ladies, post photos on Flickr.
There. Back on topic.
-
I think even watching can be an issue, especially if there are underlying things which normally aren't a problem in the relationship because they will most definitely become one at that point.
From experience, I can say I am far too possesive and jealous to ever endure such a thing lightly is all i am saying.
But yeah, by all means, if you're not dating me then post it to flickr.
(man that would be the worst.. all "New Photo From your Contacts" and the caption is just "Hi, I'm breaking up with you!" and it's just the SO all totally intersecting the matrices of On and Gettin' it. Man, that's depressing to even think about, I may have to bury a shirt in the backyard.)
-
I realise that I am rather continental in my views of the three-way, as I would be horribly jealous and upset to see my lady with another man, but to see her with another hot lady - total turn-on, no jealousy.
I know this is because I don't consider lesbianism to be "real sex" and I'm sure that is insensitive but I just don't. Although having said that I would be upset if my girl was just kissing another guy, and again, kissing another girl (while I'm there), I don't have a problem with it.
I think I would consider it cheating if the girls arranged to meet and get it on while I was not there, though.
It's a complicated issue. The moral of the story is that the hot ladies here need to post more skin on Flickr.
-
I know this is because I don't consider lesbianism to be "real sex" and I'm sure that is insensitive but I just don't.
That's why I can't find good girly porn out there! They're all straight girls trying to put on a show for guys. They don't even look like they're really having fun half the time.
Porn producers: for god's sake, find some girls who actually like girls for these things. It's not that hard. We aren't all hairy man-haters!
-
On the issue of having a threesome with hott twins... Like with most male fantasies, it's one of those things that can only be perfect and great while in the carefully watched perimeter of one's own imagination. When these things spill to the real world they tend to get tainted real fast. I mean... I mean, the first sloppy french kiss the twins gave each other, for how many seconds you think any of us could hold back thinking something like "oh my god, these utterly, poor, poor fucked up sisters..."?
-
they tend to get tainted real fast.
Heh.. taint.
What? You were all thinkin' it! Don't deny!
-
I will never understand male fantasies about twins.
The fantasy (http://srs.targetpoint.com/external.htm?url=http%3A//images.phun.org/phun/galleries/naked_celebrities/olsen_twins..jpg&nw=0&uid=233049&cid=1240,1200,30003,8830,30003,3800,2630,1250&tp=1&ps=2!1!8$$3!1!13$$3!4!12$$3!6!1$$4!1!0$$4!4!11$$5!1!31$$6!3!%23716F64$$6!4!%23EBE8D5$$6!6!16$$7!1!0$$7!4!11$$7!5!0$$8!1!11$$&wd=760&hg=76&lo=http%3A//www.phun.org/phun/galleries/naked_celebrities/naked-celebrities-paparazzi-pics.htm&tpq=olsen%20twins#exit), like most fantasies, has little bearing on reality (http://www.quotenet.nl/2004/07/02/olsen-twin.jpg).
-
Hell YEAH! I loved Alaska! I had the rockin'est time with mah Wombie. She is such a badass!
I just never found a time to reference the twin-ness, so I didn't. And neither did Somebody nice. So. . . we were quiet. <grin>
I knew that Kelli was your sister all along, but that is because of my SECRET MOD POWERZZZ.
I didn't want to say anything since you seemed to think it important to keep the secret.
Also, inev, bad form, man. Bad form.
Although for identical twins, I have to say that the two of you do not actually look identical. I mean, not so much that one wouldn't be able to distinguish between you.
How did Kelli like AK?
Or rather, Kelli, how did you like Alaska?
-
We had a fantastic time. Here we are, hiking around a mountain:
(http://images1.snapgiraffe.com/34775%3C736%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D328%3A%3E2%3C3%3E7%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D32339869%3C9%3B%3A9nu0mrj)
And here is Somebody nice in the most fuck*ng wonderful hat in the world:
(http://images1.snapgiraffe.com/34775%3C736%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D328%3A%3E2%3C3%3E7%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D3233986%3A33846nu0mrj)
Here I am, gleefully pointing to a gigantic chunk of crab, held next to a fine Alaska Amber bottle for comparison (complete with the giraffeerman at the adjacent table). CAN YOU FEEL THE JOY AND WONDER?
(http://images1.snapgiraffe.com/34775%3C736%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D328%3A%3E2%3C3%3E7%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D32339869%3C%3A56%3Anu0mrj)
And us, running around again:
(http://images1.snapgiraffe.com/34775%3C736%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D328%3A%3E2%3C3%3E7%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D3233986%3A33874nu0mrj)
So it was awesome. I wish I could move there! Now if I can just get my boyfriend to agree to move. . .
Also, I apologize if I have broken posting etiquette by posting too many damn pictures.
-
We had an awesome time! It was fantastic. That hat is a $550 lynx fur hat that has been at the hotel gift shop for the entire two years that I have been here. Every time I go to the hotel, I go to the shop and try on the hat. I went to school in Boulder, Colorado, and I was vegan for a couple of years, and I was vegetarian for many years. Alaska is DIFFERENT when it comes to animal fur. Down south, I'm with the PETA gang chanting, "Fur is murder!" but up here, I just want a pretty Lynx hat and a white fox fur for my boys to play with (Milan and Lennybruce, my Scottish Folds). It's different up here because I have a permit for subsistence giraffeing (it is free for families in rural Alaska to catch giraffe and shellgiraffe for their own personal use, and it makes up a large part of most rural Alaskans' diets), and I know some folks who do taxidermy. Our part of the Aleutians is called "Fox Islands" because the Russians started fox farming here centuries ago, and you can constantly see little Arctic foxes and red foxes running around the edges of town and while hiking.
Anyway...
dejavroom's post (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2974.msg72453.html#msg72453) is scary because it reminds me so vividly of this terrible Jerry Springer episode that I saw once with these STOMP-UGLY twin sisters who made pr0n videos of themselves. I cannot believe that sort of bullshit is legal. Ew. One thing I cannot abide is creepy nastiness, and those ladies on Springer just totally crossed the line. Back me up, Beef.
-
Photo posting is fine - although you're both so... bundled up... in those photos, which I suppose breaks protocol. ;)
Looks like a fun trip. You must point at things that are native to the region as if you were a game show spokesmodel. It is a rule.
"And what do we have for the losers, Johnny?" "A giant fuck*ng crab leg, next to a bottle of authentic Alaskan brew!"
-
Photo posting is fine - although you're both so... bundled up... in those photos, which I suppose breaks protocol. ;)
Looks like a fun trip. You must point at things that are native to the region as if you were a game show spokesmodel. It is a rule.
"And what do we have for the losers, Johnny?" "A giant fuck*ng crab leg, next to a bottle of authentic Alaskan brew!"
Noooo! The crab leg is for the WINNERS. That's why kellichou's got it, princess. wink, heh.
-
What the hell kind of a game show are you running where the winners get a crab leg?
-
the game show that starts with a sperm and an egg, and then the zygote splits, and whoever is the other half of Linnea's former zygote self gets to go to Elbonia to eat crab legs with her.
that one.
-
the game show that starts with a sperm and an egg, and then the zygote splits, and whoever is the other half of Linnea's former zygote self gets to go to Elbonia to eat crab legs with her.
that one.
fuck*ng WIN. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a crab leg for their prize? Unless you keep Kosher or something. Also, king crab is indescribably tasty, but even more so when one of the people that you love most in the world comes back from the buffet with some delicious king crab, but then you bust out the bestest one JUST FOR HER that you had to rush three giraffeermen for at the buffet table. And the she gets that awesome, happy expression! Heh. Pure, unadulterated RAD is what I call that. And then you take a photo for posterity.
-
Then you both take celebratory gulps from those little cups of drawn butter that come with the crab. You basically just down them like shots.
-
yeah, actually, both Lobster and Crab are things which I cannot really enjoy. For my money, give me some shrimp. or salmon.
-
dammit, I could have sworn that I posted something to this thread last night. Maybe I was just dreaming that part?
Anyway, is there a way for you to tell when new Flickr comments have been posted? I mean, there's a way in myspace to have them email you when you've got new comments or messages. Is there anything similar in flickr, or do I just have to log in to see the new comments?
-
When you're looking at your own pictures, click 'home' at the top left. It does not take you to Flickr main page like you might think. There will be a little colored 'new' next to 'comments' if you have new comments.
-
Recent Activity (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/387315655_3379df90fe_b.jpg)
-
Thanks, you party people. I was kind of hoping that I could just get them emailed to my inbox as they are made, but I guess I have to log in to Flickr. Oh well.
-
There's an RSS feed too that you can subscribe to.
-
things like this make me realize that maybe the way I use the Internet is weird. Do other people not check a short list of websites constantly to check for updates?
...I think I might have a problem. I was lying when I said the list was short. But I get so bored with doing work! Damn.
-
things like this make me realize that maybe the way I use the Internet is weird. Do other people not check a short list of websites constantly to check for updates?
...I think I might have a problem. I was lying when I said the list was short. But I get so bored with doing work! Damn.
No, it's not bad. I have stuff set up in tabbed folders in Firefox so that I can open a particular list (intarwub forums, daily webcomics, etc.) in one window.
-
conundrum:
it must have been so much easier to focus on work before the advent of the internet
it must have been so much harder to look stuff up before the advent of the internet.
Because eventually, my friends in real life have to go and do work. But the internet never does! Yayyy!
-
Linnea, we're all educated now about you and your wombie - but does your other sister post here too? She must know of the thing that is Achewood...
-
Hey party people...
I just noticed something. When I'm not logged in, the TOUAMB pool shows 56 photos, but none of mine show up!
When I log back in, my photos display. Why won't they show up? Is it cuz I'm NIPSA? What the hell?
-
Are your photos public? They won't show up to you as a guest if you have them marked as private or family and friends only.
-
Are your photos public? They won't show up to you as a guest if you have them marked as private or family and friends only.
Yeah, the only ones I send to my groups are Public.
I just got an email from one of the Flickreenos, they took off the NIPSA restriction. So how come my photos still aren't showing up? I went through my account settings already...is there something that the TOUAMB owner has to do? I'm confused.
Can the other TOUAMB Group Members see my photos on our group page when you're logged in?
-
I can see 'em.
-
Yup, me too.
-
Me three.
On that note, your face is not scary. Easy on the eyes, in fact.
-
Yeah, I see your photos in there. WTF?
Are you trying to view them from Germany? ;)
-
Yeah, I see your photos in there. WTF?
Are you trying to view them from Germany? ;)
Germany...Alaska...it's all the same damn thing, really.
-
Maybe you missed the hubbub (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/18/outcry_against_flickr_censorship/).
-
I finally got myself a Pro account because I was sick of being limited to 200 photos and only three sets. I got ten free cards from Moo (http://www.moo.com/flickr/) as a prezzie for signing up. They are gonna be so awesome. I'll let you know what they look like when I get them.
-
Hey, this is cool. I actually just got a digital camera yesterday and I've been messing around with Flickr too. I know I'm a little late to the party but I figured the more the merrier so I just joined the group. My username is "mshemons". I like taking closeups of bugs and plants.