The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: nuero on July 26, 2006, 07:08:23 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07262006
Pretty good. The strip is pretty good lately.
-
Who is he talking to? And where is he? Ray's house is not generally depicted with three floors and sliding windows. Does he have a cheap apartment to go to when he needs a martini and smoke to chill out a little?
Also, flames shooting out like oak roots is powerful imagery.
-
Ray's house is not generally depicted with three floors and sliding windows.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202004 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202004)
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02172005 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02172005)
?
-
I guess it just depends on the day, but Ray also quit smoking a while ago. I wonder why he has his zippo ready.
-
Who is he talking to? And where is he? Ray's house is not generally depicted with three floors and sliding windows. Does he have a cheap apartment to go to when he needs a martini and smoke to chill out a little?
While it wouldn't surprise me, I think his house is just on a sloping lot ... that would at least explain why it's usually 1 level in the front but multiple levels in the back.
-
I guess it just depends on the day, but Ray also quit smoking a while ago. I wonder why he has his zippo ready.
Even more perplexing is why he thought it was okay to light a cigarette in a grocery store.
Apart from the suicide counselor bit, which was quite funny, this strip made me uncomfortable, like all bathroom-related humour does.
-
The cartoon cat did not get any sex from the cute sales girl because of a misconception about who "dealt it"
Clearly he's not talking to Pat. He would've gone on for 45 minutes about why all brands of homeopathic foot powder are made by LIARS except one. Not to mention why was Ray at Whole Foods anyway seeing as Pat is getting a boycot going.
-
Even more perplexing is why he thought it was okay to light a cigarette in a grocery store.
A health focussed grocery store at that. I'd say that makes it alright.
As for Ray quitting I think it would be one of those typical Ray 'everyone knows lights don't count after 3pm' situations.
-
I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?
-
I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?
At this point Pat may well be boycotting food as a concept really.
-
I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?
After he gave up on Trader Joe's he tried Whole Foods. Until he saw a woman with ... armpit hair [music sting] and almost threw up in the store. I don't know if this triggered an official boycot but I don't think he's been back since.
-
I thought I was above laughing about flatulence jokes, but this strip proved me wrong. Well, not because of the flatulence per se, but the whole concept of protest self-immolation using your own intestinal gas as fuel.
-
After he gave up on Trader Joe's he tried Whole Foods. Until he saw a woman with ... armpit hair [music sting] and almost threw up in the store. I don't know if this triggered an official boycot but I don't think he's been back since.
Didn't he and Nice Pete stage a punative drive-by shopplifting excersion at some point, recounted in his blog?
-
Didn't he and Nice Pete stage a punative drive-by shopplifting excersion at some point, recounted in his blog?
http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2006/05/back-to-trader-joes.html