The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on July 26, 2006, 06:29:00 pm
-
I am here to pimp lala.com (http://www.lala.com/).
List CDs you have and are willing to send off to strangers. The site will alert you if someone wants one.
List CDs you want. If someone sends it to you, the site charges you a buck.
I have listed a dozen of the most craptacular CDs I own; so far I've had one request for it.
I've listed 13 discs I'd like to have and have two hits so far (they haven't arrived yet though).
It's like a huge networked used CD store. Seems too good to be true. I'm waiting for the RIAA to put the kibosh on it.
-
I am here to pimp lala.com (http://www.lala.com/).
List CDs you have and are willing to send off to strangers. The site will alert you if someone wants one.
List CDs you want. If someone sends it to you, the site charges you a buck.
I have listed a dozen of the most craptacular CDs I own; so far I've had one request for it.
I've listed 13 discs I'd like to have and have two hits so far (they haven't arrived yet though).
It's like a huge networked used CD store. Seems too good to be true. I'm waiting for the RIAA to put the kibosh on it.
They're working on it. Word is that Sony plans to outlaw selling used PS3 games. Apparently the wording on the EULA states that when you purchase a game you're actually only renting a single-user non-transferable license to access the game. I have no idea as to how they plan on enforcing this. Maybe retailers that sell used games will be treated the same as those that break street-dates.
The RIAA has been talking about this model for a few years. In fact last I heard the RIAA's position was that this model has always been true and the fact that we consumers don't know it needs to be rectified by "consumer education."
-
Yea, I was reading about this in some daily in Boulder at the beginning of summer. The RIAA is already in action, but I think I will use it while I can. Just keep trading them out. Do you have to pay shipping? How much is media mail, like 2 dollars? That is $3 for never having to try and download stuff again, and never knowing if the person you are getting it from tagged the shit right, etc., ect.
-
Content producers deserve to get paid for their work. Having said that, the RIAA is ridiculous.
Don't we have elected officials to protect us from this bullshit?
-
Content producers deserve to get paid for their work. Having said that, the RIAA is ridiculous.
Don't we have elected officials to protect us from this bullshit?
At least the site gives 20% to the artists, according to the site itself anyway.
But yeah, what the hell? If I buy something that content is mine to resell if I tire of it or whatnot. Sure, it's illegal to copy it and give away (or sell) digital versions but if I want to sell the original, complete product itself that should be my own damned right.
This is just the big companies' way of trying to snipe further at users to overcompensate for not knowing how to handle their bidnez in this "new frontier" or what have you. Fuckers.
-
Yea, I was reading about this in some daily in Boulder at the beginning of summer. The RIAA is already in action, but I think I will use it while I can. Just keep trading them out. Do you have to pay shipping? How much is media mail, like 2 dollars? That is $3 for never having to try and download stuff again, and never knowing if the person you are getting it from tagged the shit right, etc., ect.
Just found this out yesterday: the envelopes are postage-paid, but the site charges you 49 cents when you send something. Still, not a bad deal.
Further pimpin': If you are interested in signing up, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a referral, and if you make a trade I get a T-shirt.
WHOO FREE STUFF