The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on September 16, 2003, 03:24:25 am

Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 03:24:25 am
I am breaking my own rule by posting to an internet place and sending e-mail while flying six sheets to the wind.

I am positively laggard.  And I don't like the way that "Submit" button is eyeballing me.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jay-ell on September 16, 2003, 04:01:06 am
You monster!
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 04:03:00 am
Nah, I'm a lovable drunkard.  Or a sad one.  But usually I try not to drink unless I'm around people I can trust.  

I've been reading Wigu a little and find it really funny.  I guess you have to have two and a half slants on to appreciate it.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2003, 04:06:49 am
What are you drinking tonight, friend Jough?

I'm into the Vodka, myself.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 04:25:48 am
Well, I started out with my old standby Single Malt Scotch but then they didn't have decent Scotch at this reception I was at so I had to drink what they had, which was Vodka, then I switched off to a nice Bombay Saphire martini, and then I followed that up a manhattan (which was awful) and nine or ten glasses of Chardonay.

It was an alchoholic buffet of glee.

Now I'm all spinny and want to hug people.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2003, 05:08:01 am
Jeebus M. Crow.  

I drink regularly and often but if I attempted to mix that variety of libations within my craw they would rapidly be returned to the open atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a confirmed drinker.  I'm just of the "Pick a drink and stick with it" school.

More power to you, Mr. Iron Stomach!
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 06:20:47 am
The last time I brought the victuals back through the tunnel I was eight years old.

Okay, maybe *ten*.  But it was a long time ago.  My liver, however, is knocking loudly on the outer wall of muscle, as if someone were playing their MC Hammer CD too loudly in the apartment above.

I am pretty sure there is such a thing as "alcohol poisoning" and I'm pretty sure I may have it as my eyes feel as though they could at any moment explode.

The thing is that I do not drink very often, but when I do I tend to go overboard, especially when it's an open bar and I am not paying the tab.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: slink on September 16, 2003, 01:56:16 pm
Quote from: "jough"

The thing is that I do not drink very often, but when I do I tend to go overboard, especially when it's an open bar and I am not paying the tab.


I'm the same. I just can't be bothered with alcohol most of the time. But if I'm at the conference, then everyone ends up getting hideously druk each night at the bar (drinking with academics!), and every time I hang out with my mate who can't smoke anymore, we just end up drinking whiskey all night.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2003, 03:02:44 pm
Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: slink on September 16, 2003, 03:23:52 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.


Oh that is the benefit I get. No matter how much I drink I just don't get a hangover!
Everyone hates me when the day after drinking with me!
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jay-ell on September 16, 2003, 03:40:12 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.


What was that?  I can't hear you!  I can't hear anything over the din of this big bass drum I seem to be pounding on!  While shouting!  And operating a chainsaw with my feet!  At the airport!
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 06:03:20 pm
I don't get hangovers either.  I was a bit ill last night, but this morning I woke up feeling GREAT.

So shout away, bitches!
Title: drink drank
Post by: satchel on September 16, 2003, 07:12:58 pm
Quote from: "jough"
...usually I try not to drink unless I'm around people I can trust.


This seems a policy born of hard experience, or careful foresight.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: V-Adore on September 16, 2003, 08:47:08 pm
I'm teetotal, and I've always liked Wigu. But chances are it is a bit better when you have your slant(s) on.

That said, I am occasionally really tempted to get very drunk and go online, just to have done it. I imagine that heavy painkillers could substitute.
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 10:10:02 pm
I didn't drink AT ALL until my junior year of college.

It was those college women that drove me to drinkin'!
Title: Six Sheets to the Wind
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2003, 03:47:13 am
I drank a little in HS, then binged for about the first 3 weeks of college.  After that I didn't drink at all until junior year, opting instead for other libations.  I drank only slightly until....


I went to law school.  I think drinking is an official part of the curriculum in law school.  The damn ABA requires it for accredidation.  I drank more in the first month of law school than I had in my entire life before.  It was an order of magnitude...

Sad thing about it is the same thing happens when you start practicing.