The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: rabidambulance on July 31, 2006, 05:01:06 pm

Title: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: rabidambulance on July 31, 2006, 05:01:06 pm
Is this cliche yet?  I hope not.  Especially not with the avant-garde leaping-out-of-the-circle unwitnessed in previous engravings.

http://fitterhappier.nu/misc/rabbit-ambulance.jpg
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 05:05:00 pm
It looks more like it's leaping into the circle.

Hey, you should post this on Flickr to our TOUAMB Group (http://flickr.com/groups/touamb/).

Nice, though.  This is on the inside of your right calf?
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: rabidambulance on July 31, 2006, 05:10:55 pm
Thanks.  I'll get a better-than-cel-phone-camera picture taken and throw it on flickr.

My right calf is already spoken for - its actually on the outside of the left calf, which also explains why its a mirror image of the canonical form.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 05:34:45 pm
So what was it about the rabbit ambulance that made you think "I want my grandchildren to ask me about this?"
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: theinevitable on July 31, 2006, 05:36:20 pm
I'm thinking-- TOUAMB logo, across my entire chest.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: rabidambulance on July 31, 2006, 05:56:59 pm
Pick your favorite answer:

1. It's iconic like no other.
2. When the grandchildren ask, I'll reach high into the bookshelf, remove my Achewood books, blow the dust off and proceed with some education.  Because the interweb will have been bombed into oblivion at some point, leaving precious few surviving archives of the early 21st century's great literature.
3. Rabbit Ambulance.  Duh.
4. It's a concept that appeared in a single panel of a 3-year-old story arc of a web-comic.  If that doesn't embrace the nihilism and absurdity that defines my life, I don't know what does.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: side_show on July 31, 2006, 06:30:21 pm
I'm thinking-- TOUAMB logo, across my entire chest.

Yeah,  I've got a portrait of Jough-as-a-child on my... no.  no.  I'm sorry.  I was wrong to type that then delete it.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 06:36:43 pm
Yeah,  I've got a portrait of Jough-as-a-child on my... no.  no.  I'm sorry.  I was wrong to type that then delete it.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.

No no!  On your what?  YOUR WHAT?

I'm guessing it's on your mantle.  Right above the fireplace.  Maybe some candles and incense around it?  Am I right?
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: AugustWest on July 31, 2006, 06:45:28 pm
Dude, she already said it was on her NoNo.  It's like a euphemism.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 06:51:31 pm
Dude, she already said it was on her NoNo.  It's like a euphemism.

Aww man.. and here I was picturing a portrait of Lil' Jough in a kind of Velvet Elvis style all up on her mantle.  Maybe she sacrifices a goat to it once in a while... you know, for kicks.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: Mite on July 31, 2006, 08:36:44 pm
...  Lil' Jough ...

I'm now envisioning Jough as Atlanta's latest Crunk flavor of the month. Thanks for that.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 08:51:01 pm
Yes, but "Jough juice" has a very different flavour than "Crunk juice."
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: EgoSumNoah on July 31, 2006, 11:30:28 pm
How different?
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 11:41:57 pm
How different?

Man do not ask him to elaborate upon this, that is an extermely terrible idea.
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: linnea on August 01, 2006, 02:32:48 am
I'm sorry! Like Ray, I don't know what any of those things mean!
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 04:14:47 am
You want to find out?

Okay, put these knee pads on first...
Title: Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 06:01:22 am
knee pads? that's so romantic. I'll remember that next time the situation arises.