The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Limmo on July 31, 2006, 11:11:35 pm

Title: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Limmo on July 31, 2006, 11:11:35 pm
jesus fuck*ng christ (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060731/ap_on_re_us/creation_museum;_ylt=AlOLO9MR1ZKe5zmrvNUQwfCs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-). 
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Drygioni on July 31, 2006, 11:25:58 pm
Woah woah woah. I'm all for different viewpoints being expressed and represented, but this statement:

Quote
"Americans just aren't gullible enough to believe that they came from a giraffe,"

There are so many things I can say about this, but I think by itself it says a lot more than I ever could.

Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 11:28:45 pm
"''Americans just aren't gullible enough to believe that they came from a giraffe,' he said."

No, but apparently we are gullible enough to believe a woman turned into salt and so forth.  (Sorry believers)

"Hey, you got your religion in my science!"
"And you got your science in my religion!"


When will we ever learn?
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Limmo on August 01, 2006, 12:13:57 am
When will we ever learn?

"We"?  "We" probably won't! 

Good night!
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 12:21:40 am
"We"?  "We" probably won't! 

Good night!

Touche!  One for you good sir.
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: linnea on August 01, 2006, 03:10:32 am
How the f*ck did this museum get twenty-one MILLION in donations? I bet that Dubya appropriated some funds especially for them. How effing ridiculous.
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 03:49:31 am
Christians are stupid!  Ha ha let's laugh at the Christians.

(the above is how some folks on the board will read the remarks in this thread)

I think we can all agree that the people being interviewed here are idiots.  Let's not extend their stupidity to mean that they represent all religious people everywhere.

Thanks.
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 05:58:01 am
man, wow.

I mean, seriously! geez!
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 01, 2006, 06:42:50 am
Christians are stupid!  Ha ha let's laugh at the Christians.

(the above is how some folks on the board will read the remarks in this thread)

I think we can all agree that the people being interviewed here are idiots.  Let's not extend their stupidity to mean that they represent all religious people everywhere.

Thanks.


How about we just agree that at the very least these people have the right to a viewpoint and to solicit funds to build something supporting that viewpoint? I'm not really down with teaching Genesis as science, at least, I'm as not down with that in that same sense that I am not down with teaching science with the specific agenda of crushing someone's faith. I still believe science and faith can coexist (and these people don't help much).

It's kind of low hanging fruit for mockery, though, so you really don't score very many points taking shots at it.
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Doc on August 01, 2006, 08:18:59 am
The dinosaurs co-existing with humans bit is pretty good stuff though. It would be so easy to just say something like 'Fossils were placed there by God to test man' but they are sincere enough that they accept the existence of dinosaurs because of fossils but apply their faith of God creating all animals at the same time and end up with an argument that is much harder to support than a pure fiction would be.

Come on though, AD these people have their opinion broadcast via a major news site and we can't poke fun on our silly little forum?
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Hobot on August 01, 2006, 11:40:28 am
The dinosaurs co-existing with humans bit is pretty good stuff though. It would be so easy to just say something like 'Fossils were placed there by God to test man' but they are sincere enough that they accept the existence of dinosaurs because of fossils but apply their faith of God creating all animals at the same time and end up with an argument that is much harder to support than a pure fiction would be.

Come on though, AD these people have their opinion broadcast via a major news site and we can't poke fun on our silly little forum?

Doc, as Resident Board Australian, I think you need to apologise for your country's creation of such a -- ah, how to put this delicately? -- douchebag.  And Rupert Murdoch, too, while you're at it.

I will then apologise for all the morons the ol' US of A has spawned.  The list is far too long, but you know who I'm talking about.
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 12:34:17 pm
The list is far too long, but you know who I'm talking about.

Roger Jeffries at 42 Mockingbird Ln.  (He knows why!)
Title: Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
Post by: Thee on August 02, 2006, 01:33:11 am
It's kind of low hanging fruit for mockery, though, so you really don't score very many points taking shots at it.

High Score!