The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on August 01, 2006, 05:15:46 am

Title: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 05:15:46 am
Hey kids,

In celebration of our third birthday, we've wiped the slate clean.  Now Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper once again mean something.

Everyone got one can for celebration, like if you were in school and it was your birthday and you had to bring cookies for the whole class.

Everyone who wished the board a happy birthday in the appropriate thread got an additional can.

Otherwise, it's a karma free-for-all once again.  I will try to show restraint in issuing or taking away thousands of cans at a time, as doing so previously made the cans meaningless, and pretty much put an end to can-grubbing, which surely was a fine addition to the board this year.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: linnea on August 01, 2006, 05:47:49 am
Aw MAN! Just when I was gloating over my stash of tiny cans, the size that they serve in hospitals! GONE! GONE FOREVER! I could add some pathetic sniffles at this point but I think that might be over the top.

Hey! Since I'm in Alaska I get to celebrate this long before most other people...at least, those most other rational folk on the eastern seaboard have gone to sleep. it's not even 10PM here, and it's still light outside! Rawk!
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 05:50:32 am
awesome!

I will feel a slight twinge when I give my first post-slate-cleaning can. Hm.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 06:51:00 am
Don't the cans feel better though when you feel like you've earned them, rather than just received them arbitrarily because I was in a good mood or something?
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 07:19:56 am
oh, no, see, I remembered the time(s) that you arbitrarily gave me them, and knew the actual number that I had.

except, I think at one point I got one of those random things where I got like 50 extra. I'm not sure.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 10:39:21 am
Wow.. I feel.. cleansed somehow.  Like I own a bidet...


Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: Drygioni on August 01, 2006, 10:45:08 am
Oh, bollocks. I was so close to that magical 100 cans, and seeing as Jough had only ever arbitrarily taken cans away rather than giving them to me, I thought it would be well deserved.

Now, I have to try and reach that goal again. It feels like pushing a heavy rock up a hill. And then the rock rolls down again.

Nonetheless, this is a Good Thing for everybody.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: Mite on August 01, 2006, 10:59:39 am
Hooray! My self worth will once again be determined arbitrarily by (sort-of) strangers! It's like I'm in jr. high all over again.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: AugustWest on August 01, 2006, 02:18:42 pm
Whatever.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 02:21:23 pm
Why, I feel all... light and airy.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 02:51:12 pm
I figure the amusing and popular kids will get their cans back anyway.

In December, whoever has the most cans will win a prize just in time for the holiday season.  TOUAMB prizes make great gifts!
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 08:14:53 pm

I'm not sure if it taught us the importance of fake civility or cheating more.

Either way, an important lesson!
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 08:19:02 pm

I'm not sure if it taught us the importance of fake civility or cheating more.

Either way, an important lesson!

Why womby, have I told you that you are looking marvelous lately and that I simply adore your pugs?  *bats eyelashes*
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: side_show on August 01, 2006, 10:23:44 pm
See, I anticipated this and chugged all of mine the night before.
Title: Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
Post by: CortJstr on August 01, 2006, 10:28:39 pm
See, I anticipated this and chugged all of mine the night before.

So that tremendous sound I heard last night was the resulting belch. I knew it was too loud to be a plane.