The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 01, 2006, 05:17:36 am
-
Hey kids,
In honour of the board's third birthday, I thought it would be fun to reminisce a little and talk about various phrases, ideas, and memes that came not from the Achewood comic, but from this board and our discussions in particular.
I'm thinking of the obvious, like giraffe placentas, barbed cat c*ckes, and having something taken away "due to punishment," but what else?
Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper!
More?
-
Hitting on Hobot was kind of a thing.
and, um...
hove some dignity
I've always loved that one.
-
EDUCATION. Whether jough's giving tips on three-way satisfaction or the finer points of learning another language, this board always comes to the rescue. Oh yeah, and education about the symbolism of breasts on a plate in a medieval painting.
-
Isn't "education" from the strip, though?
Granted, it wasn't used the way we tend to use it...
-
I've been sitting on this one for a while becuase I took a pic of it with me phone when it was funny and realised I had no idea how to move it on to my computer. By the time I figured it out it wouldn't have been funny anymore, so this is your fault Jough becuase you wanted to know our favourite memes and mine is, of course....
La Gina! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10141275@N00/203701154/)
-
Oh wow. Doc wins this thread. There is no way to top that.
-
How about Guests constantly viewing Q's profile? It has lessened as of late, but I'm sure my mention of it will resurrect the trend.
-
How about Guests constantly viewing Q's profile? It has lessened as of late, but I'm sure my mention of it will resurrect the trend.
SHHH! It lessened until last week for some reason.
Those guests.. they're incomprehensible!
Anyway that's not so much of a meme as it is kind of unnerving. Now Sick Fuckitude.. that's a meme that lives on!
-
Yes, Gina's hoo-ha is definitely one of my favourite board references. I can't believe I missed that one.
Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board. Guess who's number two?
-
Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board. Guess who's number two?
Goddammit! And here I thought it was because the anonymous herd of millions (okay hundreds) just loved me that much. I guess I should stop pegging my dignity to anonymous users.
-
Yes, Gina's hoo-ha is definitely one of my favourite board references. I can't believe I missed that one.
Anyway, people only check Q's profile because they're wondering who spends THAT MUCH TIME on a message board. Guess who's number two?
That'd be me. I'm always second-best, damnit!
-
I guess I should stop pegging
Noooo!
my dignity to anonymous users.
Oh.
-
It's all about the eyebrows.
-
It's all about the eyebrows.
It's true you know.
-
How about things from the board that have intruded into your real life? Because of this post (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2936.msg69737.html#msg69737) by Smells, we call the new pug 'squishable' about a hundred times a day.
Also there was a point at which I had the urge to give tiny cans to people elsewhere on the internet and even in person. I suspect this may happen again if the Great Zeroing-Out has the effect I expect it to.
-
You know, it wasn't until today that I really realized there was a whole other set of forums here devoted to non-Achewoodian topics. Oops.
-
The repeated use of "WTF?" & the whole "Cockrub Warriors/Woodberry Hello" are my two fav's.
Also, wombat, I am glad that I've caused you to call your puglet squishable. The whole squish thing comes from my friend's baby. For some reason, whenever I see her baby, I want to squish him, because he is so cute. And when I told her this she told me that when she and her husband squish him that he squeals with delight.
-
The repeated use of "WTF?" & the whole "Cockrub Warriors/Woodberry Hello" are my two fav's.
Also, wombat, I am glad that I've caused you to call your puglet squishable. The whole squish thing comes from my friend's baby. For some reason, whenever I see her baby, I want to squish him, because he is so cute. And when I told her this she told me that when she and her husband squish him that he squeals with delight.
I missed the whole cockrub warriors thing, someone enlighten me?
-
oh my god, they squish their baby and he enjoys it, cutely.
repeat that story again when I am feeling blue, por favor.
I think it counts as a meme that a certain lady tells amazing stories for every occasion.
OK, so, I looked up "woodberry hello," and learned about when Q was a "n00b" and had to tongue-kiss some guy.
how did I miss this before.
-
I missed the whole cockrub warriors thing, someone enlighten me?
Oh Bobby, it's so hot when you play dumb. For anyone who really did miss it, here is the classic thread in all it's glory (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2169.15.html) Also, looking back fondly, I see that this is the thread where Mr. Q was officially accepted into the fold.
-
Ah back when I was young and innocent.
Wait.. I was never the latter.
-
Oh Bobby, it's so hot when you play dumb. For anyone who really did miss it, here is the classic thread in all it's glory (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2169.15.html) Also, looking back fondly, I see that this is the thread where Mr. Q was officially accepted into the fold.
That classic thread was really refreshing. I think I'll search for a few more in honor of the birthday.
-
Oh Bobby, it's so hot when you play dumb. For anyone who really did miss it, here is the classic thread in all it's glory (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2169.15.html) Also, looking back fondly, I see that this is the thread where Mr. Q was officially accepted into the fold.
What happened to hello_jello anyway? I didn't remember the tongue-kissing was his idea… I registered it as some of the vets applying it as punishment on the bad n00bs. Now it became even funnier.
-
What happened to hello_jello anyway? I didn't remember the tongue-kissing was his idea… I registered it as some of the vets applying it as punishment on the bad n00bs. Now it became even funnier.
I was going to give you crap about this post while being newer than me but then I realized we both joined on the exact same day! It's just that you are much more restrained in posting, which... looking at that thread, is definitely a positive thing.
It's like we are sign-up brothers or something.
-
Whoa. I guess I'm honored. And a little disturbed, to be honest. But you're about 5 hours my senior, which perfectly explains why you have like 8 times my post count.
-
But you're about 5 hours my senior, which perfectly explains why you have like 8 times my post count.
Hey yeah it doe- wait now it doesn't?
Oh man.. I'm going to go eat a bowl of dic- I mean dignity. A huge heapin' one.
-
Oh man.. I'm going to go eat a bowl of dic- I mean dignity. A huge heapin' one.
Dic... dic... Dickensian gruel? That's what it was right? Right.
Not sure if this counts as a meme, but that quote pyramid thread was awesome. Another one would be more awesome, because we could plan it! Posters could do it in alphabetical order, and everyone has a perfectly planned sentence to make it look nice, and so forth.
I basically listen to too much Kraftwerk.
-
I basically listen to too much Kraftwerk.
And you probably should get that M. C. Escher poster off your wall.
-
How about random alliterative geometry names for Bobby?
-
Yeah, I think it was Onstad who first called him Tommy Triangle, though. It just grew from there.
Good times.
-
Oh yeah, and CortJstr'ing... and also, everyone just like pausing, and waiting for Mr.Q to be filthy. Both things of beauty.
-
Yes, I actually suggested that someone "CJ" something the other day, and they're looking at me like, "Huh?" so I just modified it to "Google it!" and they got the idea.
-
a thing that should have become a meme--
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
-
and waiting for Mr.Q to be filthy.
You don't have to wait long!! I haven't showered in months!
Oh.. you meant... right. AWAY! *runs*
-
Paul's pictures (which he has to pathetically mention himself).
~Paul
-
..over a week after the last post in the thread.
But the man with the stache is right, it is a good meme. So is the face fungus too for that matter.
-
SPLIT!: anyone interested in facial hair related tom-fool'ry is directed here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3065.msg73732/boardseen.html#new).
As for board memes, I am sorry Paul... I was thinking "memes" meant more like... things everybody on the board picks up on and starts doing too. When it comes to your pictures, everyone knows there's no point in posting photo essays, since you are basically the king... and all others would just be blatant suckitude in comparison. You're photos aren't a board meme to me, they are more like an outstanding thing that you do, that we are all in awe of.
-
Yeah, I actually didn't think my photos counted as a meme, but when someone nominated your stories (which are a similar sort of thing) I thought maybe I didn't understand exactly what the criteria for a meme was.
~Paul
-
Yeah, I don't think anyone nominated Mel's stories...
Anyway, if everyone started posting photo essays I guess it could become a meme. Otherwise... it's just a thing that Paul does that is awesome.
-
However, the question "Why hasn't Paul posted a photo of him doing (foo) yet?" where (foo) is something that has been mentioned which it would be awesome to take a photo of yourself doing is a minor meme. It's only been invoked a few times, though.
-
Yeah, I don't think anyone nominated Mel's stories...
Ahem...
I think it counts as a meme that a certain lady tells amazing stories for every occasion.
~Paul
-
+5 STR!
Beat me to it, dangity dang dang.
ALSO: Paul's photos qualify when other members post a photo essay type thing and explicitly apologise to Paul for horning in on 'his schtick'.
ALSO ALSO: Don't stop Paul, Paul don't stop!
Guilty!
Also, yes please Paul. Don't stop (can't stop won't stop.. uh uh)