The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 07:46:42 pm

Title: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 07:46:42 pm
so, yesterday a few of my friends made themselves a crazy dinner. the dessert was chocolate-banana empanadas. They were... acceptable. However, a certain Girl now has 3 or 4 cups of nutella with bananas mashed into it. so it's like, banana nutella. there is also some other stuff in there (milk? sugar?) to make it kind of a chocolate-banana paste.

is there anything we can do with this, or are we going to have to man up and get out the spoons?

I can ask what exactly is in it, if that helps.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 07:53:34 pm
Make crepes and use it as filling. 
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 07:56:44 pm
oh dude, we were totally going to make waffles later this week.

I will pass this advice on.

also: sorry, but I think smearing this on each other's junk would be basically disgusting. Think about what you're saying here! that, to me, does not seem appetizing.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 08:03:23 pm
also: sorry, but I think smearing this on each other's junk would be basically disgusting. Think about what you're saying here! that, to me, does not seem appetizing.

Man oh man, I hope all your comments are still here when you hit 30 (not that I've hit it yet)... then you can look back and be just amazed, amused, and horrified.

(This is said in full happiness that all the BBS comments I made when I was 16-19 are gone gone gone.. though there are still a few out there on USENET under a different pseudonym.)
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 08:05:17 pm
Well, Q, maybe they just aren't that kind of friend...

You know, mashed banana gets disgusting after a while.  I don't know if the Nutella would have a preservative effect, but I wouldn't wait till much later in the week to use it up.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 01, 2006, 08:08:49 pm
Got an ice cream maker?
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 08:30:09 pm
no, we are theoretically "that kind of friend." But we haven't reached the point yet where smearing anything on each other is OK.

ok, Q, does it help if I say that this concoction basically looks horrifying? its consistency and color make it resemble... I want to say Feces, but that isn't reallly it. but, basically, it is disgusting looking.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 08:32:15 pm
Oh I wasn't necessarily talking about that post... it just seemed as good a time as any.

heh.. smearing anything...  as though someone is going to just come out of the woodwork with any substance.

"Hey honey.. would you mind if I gave you a gasoline massage?"

Or are you merely implying other, more tawdry substances?  Hrmm.. young TI?
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 01, 2006, 08:37:51 pm
maybe I am!

what would that mean, though? that nothing tawdry had gone on? how shocking!
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: side_show on August 01, 2006, 10:29:02 pm
Freeze it, add anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup of it (depending on the banana to Nutella ratio) in a blender with a cup of chocolate milk and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and viola, a Chocolate Monkey Smoothie.  (I make this all the time, minus the Nutella.)

Also, you could probably make some kick ass banana bread.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 02, 2006, 01:43:42 am
ok, Q, does it help if I say that this concoction basically looks horrifying? its consistency and color make it resemble... I want to say Feces, but that isn't reallly it. but, basically, it is disgusting looking.

I was just watching Chappelle's Show, and saw the R. Kelly "Piss On You" video.  I bet your stuff looks like R. Kelly's Doo Doo Butter.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: jough on August 02, 2006, 04:19:04 am
Dan, is that your lady friend as your avatar?
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 02, 2006, 04:34:51 am
no, that is a girl I'm kind of friends with? This picture just screams "party!" to me, so I used it. I believe it was backstage at a play? I'm pretty sure she wasn't actually drinking a martini.

I really want to tell you her name, because it is the best alliterative name of all time.

but that would be a step too far. sorry.

I think I might have a party-type picture of my lady-friend. but that, too, would be a step too far.

I think I actually might have a cute one of her sticking out her tongue and giving the "thumbs up."
I will look for this.

edit: I was wrong. There's one of her giving the thumbs up, and one of her sticking her tongue out, but they are not the same.
she is on my flickr, if you must Ogle.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: theinevitable on August 06, 2006, 10:32:42 am
so far, nothin'. which probably means that we have to throw it out.

they did a thing this week where they gave me crappy hours, and so I could only see the Girl at weird times. Also: the Girl and a bunch of my friends are in the mountains this weekend, living it up and having a great ol' time. damn. anyway, I can justify missing this, because of the Big Bucks which I am raking in. It's not as if it's a situation where I can work in St Louis, but the Girl is only in Charlotte.

Wait!

Damn.
damn because yeah, it is exactly that situation.
also: because what I refer to as "big bucks" will definitely not last as long in the "pretend real world" as I hope.
Title: Re: recipe ideas?
Post by: Fooker on August 06, 2006, 02:46:38 pm
I dig nutella. Freeze it and send it all to me.

I promise I won't give it to the insecure yet attractive girl with daddy issues down the hall for use in place of her regular pate and peanutbutter.