The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 02, 2006, 12:28:09 am

Title: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: AugustWest on August 02, 2006, 12:28:09 am
Onstad is pressing our heads. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1721.msg34884.html#msg34884)

It's like a ziggurat... (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,198.html)

Tomorrow... (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1739.0.html)

I'm still waiting, Limmo. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1297.0.html)

Pedanticism re: kosher giraffe placenta (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,736.0.html)

There are a few.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: Hobot on August 02, 2006, 01:33:07 am
Once a snake finds your potted meat
Shel Silverstein wrote "The Giving Tree"
You'll never comprehend my window seat
Fourteen barbers are shaaaving me..
I said my love ain't free!

Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably.  "Potted meat" was the clincher, but "shaaaving me" is also priceless.

OH SHIT I'M LAUGHING AGAIN.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: jough on August 02, 2006, 04:39:06 am
Dang, thanks for the memories, AW.

Has anyone else been LOLing at these threads and retroactively issuing tiny cans?

Also, I miss 'lucia and Zart so much.  Bozack too, although he was back for like, a second.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: theinevitable on August 02, 2006, 06:30:06 am
man, I'm going through my old posts, and I used to actually say funny things. I'm not sure where exactly I stopped.

also, I said a lot of really rediculously nonsensical things. and in some cases, I'm not sure whether I was being facetious or not.

for instance: "being pretentious about pop music is be most fun"

I particularly enjoyed the point when I said that from that post on, the subtext of every single post I made was "and also, Hobot looks Delicious in that HUGS! tshirt."
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: jough on August 02, 2006, 02:21:27 pm
Seriously though man, she totally does.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: Hobot on August 02, 2006, 03:26:18 pm
Aw, you guys.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: side_show on August 02, 2006, 07:44:36 pm
Here's a nice nostalgia thread  of our favorite strips from back when we just started out here. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,47.0.html) - it reminded me that the Dumbrella board was closed down when I had just lost my free internet through university, and that I only found the new board weeks later, when I got my free NetZero account.  It's hard to believe I once put up with dial-up, or that I once got for free what I now pay $30 a month for!

Hey, also looking back, remember Variety Hour?  How's that for a throw-back reference?  Everyone hated Variety Hour, said so on the Dumbrella board, then the Dumbreall Board and Variety Hour both evaporated. 
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: AugustWest on August 02, 2006, 08:18:38 pm
Here's a nice nostalgia thread  of our favorite strips from back when we just started out here. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,47.0.html)

You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: wombat on August 02, 2006, 08:21:07 pm
You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.

And also:  How much great Achewood I have forgotten and could enjoy reading again.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: Roger on August 02, 2006, 08:34:05 pm
You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.

So, five favorite strips of the last 3 years, anyone?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: misterqueue on August 02, 2006, 08:53:10 pm
So, five favorite strips of the last 3 years, anyone?

I'm game, but this turned out to be much much tougher than I thought.  I mean I couldn't even fit any CH references into my list and that arc is what made me stop lurking (and reading all the archives)!


Does he always wear a crown after he fuck somebody?
 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10142003) - It's totally the crown that does it for me here.  Also the last spoken line by Ray of course.

Chicken and Bubble Boy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172003) - He used the skewer people.

You are so ARROGANT! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02182004) - I too, have metaphorically buried shirts in the backyard.

Yo Mama (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202004) - Hot Bloody Fat on the Mayor!


Fuck THIS guy! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052004) - Constantly vies with THESE KNIVES! as my favorite of all time.  Do I even have to give a reason?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: jough on August 02, 2006, 09:26:24 pm
Oh, she brings pegging to every discussion. 

Imagine the reception she got while attending that five year old's birthday party...
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: Roger on August 03, 2006, 12:25:34 am
OK, there go my top five. I don't know if more people will jump into this, in which case it should probably be moved to another thread… Or maybe Mr. Q and I can pretend this lame attempt never happened.

It's… Homosexuals!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02272004

The most exhilarating release after an almost unbearably nerve-racking arc:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003

Jeez! It's the style! Shut UP!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10142003

An award for blowing people's minds:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02012005

Who hasn't thought of pulling this in real life?
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02242004
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: linnea on August 03, 2006, 04:51:07 am
Oh, she brings pegging to every discussion. 

Imagine the reception she got while attending that five year old's birthday party...

Heh... I can't help it. I see a hot guy, I instantly start plotting ways that I can discreetly bring up the subject of pegging, or maybe innocently slip "Bend Over Boyfriend" into the DVD player, or hell, just ASK him if I can... Yikes. Okay, it's time for me to go for a walk or something.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2006, 04:36:32 pm
Heh... I can't help it. I see a hot guy, I instantly start plotting ways that I can discreetly bring up the subject of pegging, or maybe innocently slip "Bend Over Boyfriend" into the DVD player, or hell, just ASK him if I can... Yikes. Okay, it's time for me to go for a walk or something.

I can only assume by "go for a walk" you mean "cruise for hot guys." Better bring a portable DVD player.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 03, 2006, 08:03:56 pm
Yo Mama (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202004) - Hot Bloody Fat on the Mayor!

Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
Post by: side_show on August 03, 2006, 08:54:23 pm
linnea, have you heard about that new Anne Heche show that's coming out?  Men in Trees?  I keep seeing the comercial, and thinking about all your dating prospects.  Anne Hache is not a real selling feature for me... but the head writer from Sex in the City is writing for it... and Northern Exposure was good at first too...