The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on September 16, 2003, 01:39:40 pm

Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2003, 01:39:40 pm
The lack of Ray's Place this morning totally ruined the first half-hour of my morning. This thread is my black armband for the lack of Ray's Place.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 16, 2003, 01:51:56 pm
Bleah.
Oh well.
Who's first to write a eulogy?
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2003, 03:01:20 pm
Well crap.  Wouldn't all the time devoted to the Variety Hour be a sufficient savings...

Ah Ray, we hardly knew ye...
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: wombat on September 16, 2003, 03:35:35 pm
This seemed like very sad news.  I guess I should get a life or something.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2003, 04:25:09 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Virtual 40oz drained in memorium of Ray's Place

::GLUGGLUGGLUG::


The whole 40? Damn.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 05:50:53 pm
Well, it's virtual, so it goes down smoother.

Obviously Ray's Place must've taken a long time to do - I'm surprised and grateful that it's gone on this long.

LONG LIVE RAY'S PLACE
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 16, 2003, 06:18:53 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Well, it's virtual, so it goes down smoother.

Obviously Ray's Place must've taken a long time to do - I'm surprised and grateful that it's gone on this long.

LONG LIVE RAY'S PLACE


And let us all hope for it's return!
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 16, 2003, 08:19:40 pm
Amen.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: V-Adore on September 16, 2003, 08:39:34 pm
I'm quite hopeful for its return, personally. Onstad's terminology makes me hope that this is only a momentary pause in what will surely be a long and fruitful history -- that, come winter or spring, Ray will return to doing what he does best. (Answering questions. Not drinking.)

But, for now, it's time to pour out the 40 at the crossroads.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 16, 2003, 10:17:37 pm
I'm just glad there's no word on the Variety Hour returning.

I don't even think there's a link to the archives, is there?
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 16, 2003, 10:24:40 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I'm just glad there's no word on the Variety Hour returning.

I don't even think there's a link to the archives, is there?


Ssssssssssssssh! Don't remind him...
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 17, 2003, 12:56:25 am
I think we should start calling it his sabbatacle:
Quote
Popular column including stories, ideas and advice from Ray. Will resume in Winter 2004. Large archive for your perusal.


(edit) OK, he probably means like January/February.
If not I'll cry, but I think I was just being retarded!
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: V-Adore on September 17, 2003, 01:29:04 am
If it's January 2004, well, that's cool, I will wait and be faithful. If it's December 2004, I will quite likely have descended to Miss Havisham-level quiet obsession. Ah, well.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2003, 03:56:06 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"


Wow!  I've just been reading Great Expectations on my PDA over the last couple of weeks.  



Ummmm...why in the Dickens would you do that?  

Yuk yuk yuk.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 25, 2003, 06:29:49 pm
Hmmm. Seculation - it changed!

Quote
Ray's Place and the Variety Hour will be dark this season as we develop new projects.


New projects? Can they be better than the VH?
*mysterious music*
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: side_show on September 25, 2003, 06:59:50 pm
Quote from: "slink"
New projects? Can they be better than the VH?
*mysterious music*


Do, do, DOOO!
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: CortJstr on September 25, 2003, 07:22:31 pm
Quote from: "slink"
New projects? Can they be better than the VH?


<obligatory repsonse>The question is, can they be any worse? ::rim shot:: </obligatory response>
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2003, 08:42:09 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "AugustWest"


Wow!  I've just been reading Great Expectations on my PDA over the last couple of weeks.  



Ummmm...why in the Dickens would you do that?  

Yuk yuk yuk.


I just went back and realized that, sometime last week, I once again hit "edit" instead of "quote."  

I'm a moron.  I apologize.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: CortJstr on September 25, 2003, 08:55:49 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm a moron.  I apologize.


But you're all Miss Sexy##### so we let it slide.

Which reminds me, how can you be Miss and be married?
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2003, 08:57:44 pm
This is possible through the mystical and incomprehensible physical law of Jough did it.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 25, 2003, 09:18:52 pm
Because Mrs. Sexy##### is the stage name of your 68 year old neighbour who grinds against a rusty pole down at "Wet 'N' Wrinkly," the strip club for people who dig on really really disturbing nudity.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 25, 2003, 09:33:19 pm
And back a few months ago Onstad said that he wanted to devote some time to working on Flash movies based in the Achewood world.  So maybe he's taking some time to do that.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: slink on September 25, 2003, 09:36:23 pm
Quote from: "jough"
And back a few months ago Onstad said that he wanted to devote some time to working on Flash movies based in the Achewood world.  So maybe he's taking some time to do that.


Oh yes. Indeed that is quite possible, and could be very interesting.
*cowers as Jough mutates*
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 25, 2003, 10:00:12 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Jough, when you post back to back like that it means I get to set up my browser window so I can see both and then experience your avatars quantum demonic transformation in stereo if I tilt my head.


I don't generally mean to post back to back, but when I reply to one post sometimes I'll reply to another down in the same thread without realising it.

And what about my avatar?  Sheesh.  A guy can't change his avatar now and again?  It's just a photo of me as a child.  It's my first grade school photo from when I went to St. Madeline's.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: wombat on September 26, 2003, 01:14:48 am
Aw jeez, I thought Jough's avatar couldn't get any more disturbing. Obviously one should never underestimate him.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 26, 2003, 01:26:53 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Aw jeez, I thought Jough's avatar couldn't get any more disturbing. Obviously one should never underestimate him.


DUH!

And if you aren't nice, or at least respectful, he'll burn out your eyes.

Say hi to the Gatekeeper of Gozer when you see her, Jough.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jough on September 26, 2003, 01:31:46 am
I don't see how a photo of me as a child is any more disturbing than a photo of a wombat, or something from an anime film.

Maybe I'm just missing something here.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: V-Adore on September 26, 2003, 05:11:59 am
Quote from: "jough"
I don't see how a photo of me as a child is any more disturbing than a photo of a wombat, or something from an anime film.

Maybe I'm just missing something here.

Forgive my buzzwording, but I suspect it's just the paradigm shift. We've become used to "you" as this small, cute kid, but suddenly "you've" changed to... a somewhat older if still cute kid! The mind boggles and is unable to assimilate the new info into a holistic "jough-view," as it is. Thus, shock and horror.

Yes, I have just filled my weekly pretension quota; thanks for asking.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 26, 2003, 08:05:12 am
If his post count stays stuck at 666, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Who was it that had the joke about the number 667 - the "neighbor of the beast"?...
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: Choop on September 26, 2003, 05:57:47 pm
667 is across from the beast.

The beast's neighbors are at 664 and 668.



Just thought I'd clarify.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 26, 2003, 07:38:22 pm
Unless the Beast lives on a Cul-de-Sac. A more subdued, suburban beast if you will.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: jay-ell on September 26, 2003, 07:51:46 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Unless the Beast lives on a Cul-de-Sac. A more subdued, suburban beast if you will.


*snorts orange soda out her nose for the second time today*
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: side_show on September 26, 2003, 08:24:22 pm
My avatar is a picture of myself as a young cat in private school at Wolsley Mews.  Only thru the power of love did I later be come human and change genders.
Title: RP's Vacation
Post by: Nice Jough on September 26, 2003, 09:11:17 pm
I think that kitty avatar is the cutest thing EVER.