The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on August 03, 2006, 10:34:27 am
-
I midi'd Sullivan's Bear and Dried Bird. I think this is the first occurence of this happening, but if not, I'm going to look an idiot. Anyway:
With basic drums and a little bass (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6CD1A65759F95F3A)
Just the guitar bit (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9F59B3121A0DA2C3)
Took me goddamn hours to eventually get this up. Everytime I'd almost finished tabbing it out again, fuck*ng powercut. So I hope it was worth it.
If links need refreshing, give the word.
Also, I bolded that sentence because I'm ALREADY AWARE of it's potential hilarity. Take that, Q.
-
Goddammit people. If you keep pre-empting me* what the hell am I gonna do?
(Also: Nice Work!)
*Awww yeah
-
what program do you use to make these "MIDI" files?
the kind of 7th-sounding chord at the end is awkward! it indicates tension!
I feel all achewatered-up!
-
InEv: I use Guitar Pro! (http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php) It's very fun and easy to use. But it's not free, unfortunately.
As for the chord at the end, that's the chord used in the following bar. But, we do not see all the verse so I decided to just finish it there. Maybe I should change that, because it does sound awkward.
-
no, no! it sounds awkward because now the achewater has worn off and I am lost without it!
also: damn, not free? screw it, then. I have a MIDI program somewhere, I just have to find the disc.
-
this is pretty good, but i think it's supposed to be much more sad, tonewise:
Drinkers of achewater experienced hallucinations
and euphoria, but the after-effects of the liquor
produced a deep and lasting melancholy (hence its name).
Modern science has confirmed that achewood oil, the
active ingredient in achewater, is a powerful depressant
which causes irreversible neurological damage.
Achewater is generally thought to have inspired
many Southern folk songs and fables, such as "The
Story of Poor John Ritch," "Sullivan's Bear and
Dried Bird" and "I'm Following a Little Round Lord."
also maybe try finishing with a repeat of these two bars (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7773/comicpu6.jpg) (highlighted) and then an Em?
edit: also, i'm pretty sure the bar break in these two is there just because there was a lack of space... maybe try to get rid of the rests?
-
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=22B1F3324E40A6CE (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=22B1F3324E40A6CE)
I really had no idea where to start on making it sadder because I suck, so I just changed the guitar tone a little (it's almost harp like and slightly more melancholy I feel) and also resolved the issue of the misplaced rests and the ending.
Thankyou theauthors!
-
yeah, wouldn't making it sadder involve changing the actual chords? they sound mostly minor anyway... and occasional majors can make it even more sad. So, in other words, Judy is perfect.