The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on August 07, 2006, 12:04:21 am

Title: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 07, 2006, 12:04:21 am
Anyone noticed similarities between the character named Vlad in the movie Happiness and the ***** of the same name?
1. Russian
2. Sideburns
3. Speaking in the third person
4. Swashbuckling, quirky ladies' man.

I figured that this might have been covered already, but couldn't find a thread.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: jough on August 07, 2006, 02:01:41 am
Is beink because the Vlad ***** character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: linnea on August 07, 2006, 02:14:20 am
Is beink because the Vlad ##### character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.

I thought our Vlad was Polish? He did speak of women paying heck of zlotys to sleep with a man who has basic Hotmail account.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: wombat on August 07, 2006, 02:19:58 am
I guess those Slavs all look alike.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 07, 2006, 03:48:47 am
Is beink because the Vlad ##### character and that movie character both Russian stereotypes.
Yes, there's also that. Sort of archetypal.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 07, 2006, 03:49:35 am
I guess those Slavs all look alike.
Especially ***** slavs.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 07, 2006, 03:55:39 am
There's also the fact that Onstad doesn't like to be too specific/accurate with his dark-haired ethnicities. Remember, he had to make that clarification about Roast Beef being double-secret-reverse-baptisml-eastern-rite-Catholic when there was much reader busy-bodyness.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: side_show on August 16, 2006, 05:12:11 pm
Yeah, Jorge, I  mentioned this once too, (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2592.msg57677.html#msg57677) but everyone was so caught up in the outdoor fight that they didn't really talk much about it.  I'm glad you agree with me, indirectly and without meaning to.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: skizot on August 17, 2006, 09:25:12 pm
So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word *****.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: slink on August 17, 2006, 09:28:26 pm
So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word #####.

How can that be someone's first post? Or do you have to be registered to use the search feature here?
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: AugustWest on August 17, 2006, 09:29:09 pm
So maybe I'm just slow, but I don't really understand the need for censoring the word #####.

Some people just don't fuck*ng get it.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2006, 09:43:50 pm
Some people just don't fuck*ng get it.

Now, now you two!


Welcome skizot!  You will find that many whimsical words are altered or sensored here, you know, for shits and giggles.  Have fun.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: theinevitable on August 17, 2006, 09:46:39 pm
so, um, maybe I used to be search-retarded, but I searched tons of times and never found the reason they were censored. Y'all are full of shit.

eventually someone explained it to me,though. I think.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: V-Adore on August 17, 2006, 09:47:17 pm
They are censored because they are doubleplusungood thoughtcrime. What could be more clear?
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: jough on August 17, 2006, 10:01:43 pm
We have always been at war with Eurasia.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2006, 10:07:44 pm
We have always been at war with Dumbrella.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: robot_god on August 17, 2006, 10:08:51 pm
Vlad is someone who can make you do wrong; can make you do right.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: CortJstr on August 17, 2006, 10:33:38 pm
so, um, maybe I used to be search-retarded, but I searched tons of times and never found the reason they were censored. Y'all are full of shit.

eventually someone explained it to me,though. I think.

I present a link (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2737.msg62726.html#msg62726) to a thread where I link to the explanation.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: jough on August 18, 2006, 05:56:34 am
I kept clicking on that post, but nothing happened.  NOTHING.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2006, 12:49:59 pm
I kept clicking on that post, but nothing happened.  NOTHING.

Well fuck. It's fixed now.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: wombat on August 18, 2006, 03:22:11 pm
Now, that is a thing of beauty.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: jough on August 19, 2006, 05:17:00 am
You just CortJstr'd a post that CortJstr'd another post.  That is the most CortJstring anyone has done ever!
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: CortJstr on August 19, 2006, 03:18:52 pm
You just CortJstr'd a post that CortJstr'd another post.  That is the most CortJstring anyone has done ever!

Next time this comes up I'll just link to this one. The chain can grow indefinitely!
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: skizot on August 21, 2006, 05:54:56 am
Some people just don't fuck*ng get it.

And some people are 40 year old lawyers who act like elitists on a messageboard for a web-comic.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: DanSC on August 21, 2006, 07:11:13 am
They are censored because they are doubleplusungood crimethink. What could be more clear?

fixed.

sorry, I'm a nerd
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2006, 09:01:27 am
fixed.

sorry, I'm a nerd

It's cool, it's cool. My Newspeak is doubleplusungood.

I'd rather be having soma, anyway. A gramme is better than a damn!
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: slink on August 21, 2006, 11:05:13 am
And some people are 40 year old lawyers who act like elitists on a messageboard for a web-comic.

I think you may have missed the point.  I mean, look at how one of those words is... censored. In my book he can be as elitist as he wants, he's smart enough to merit it.

That's right, this year AW is, The Elite.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: AugustWest on August 21, 2006, 01:38:58 pm
I think you may have missed the point.  I mean, look at how one of those words is... censored. In my book he can be as elitist as he wants, he's smart enough to merit it.

That's right, this year AW is, The Elite.

Woot.  I think I just peed my ##### a little.
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: wombat on August 21, 2006, 02:15:51 pm
Do not pee on your automaton! It may cause a short circuit!

Oh wait...
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: theinevitable on August 21, 2006, 03:12:55 pm
wombat, I was about to make that joke.
A can! a can! a thousand cans!
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: side_show on August 21, 2006, 06:34:02 pm
This just in, peeing your ##### earns you cans!
Title: Re: Vlad in Happiness
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2006, 09:22:37 pm
This just in, peeing your ****** earns you cans!

Yes... cans to catch the pee, so you don't short-circuit your automaton, obviously! Were you sick the day they taught Basic Automaton Maintenance When You Are Extremely Drunk?