The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on August 07, 2006, 05:03:13 pm

Title: About August West
Post by: pmcd9 on August 07, 2006, 05:03:13 pm
There is a lot I could say about the man, but i'll keep it short because I must press on down the road.  Our August West is a prince among men.  He invited me into his home and made me feel like I was a part of the family.  A family, I might add, that I am truely in love with.  From Sue the beautiful wife right on down to Boomer the reluctant dog.  I just left the West family and I had to stop and take a minute to let everyone know that August West is a beautiful person.  Thank you Frank for your hospitality and friendship.  If you ever pass my way in Texas (or wherever I settle) I will attempt to repay your hospitality.

 ~Paul
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: theinevitable on August 07, 2006, 05:19:56 pm
it is good to know that Aug. is a nice guy. also, that he has a pretty wife/family. I am impressed that you let an Internet Person into your home, introduced him to your family, and all that good stuff. I would feel awkward doing this (of course, I live with my parents... so it'd be a little different.)

Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to say anything like this about Q. "the basement was pretty nice, but the ropes were a little tight. the gimp seemed alright, I guess."
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: misterqueue on August 07, 2006, 05:32:24 pm
I concur (except about the family who I didn't meet, though I do not blame Mr. AW for this.  I wouldn't bring them to meet me either.)  Glad you two had a good time!

TI: Pfft... you only wish you got the basement.  It's trunk of my car if we ever accidentally met.*


* Dog help you if we meet.  Dog help you indeed!
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: AugustWest on August 07, 2006, 08:01:27 pm
Geez, I'm blushing here.

For what it's worth, Paul is just as fun, funny and thoughtful as he seems on the board.  It was thoroughly enjoyable for me and my family to host him for the weekend.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: Doc on August 09, 2006, 11:22:15 am
AW: How do you go about explaining this situation to your family? Are they cool enough to just take for granted your bringing home someone you've never met in real life or did you need to sugar coat it (yeah... old friend honey... no I don't think you ever met him)?
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: AugustWest on August 09, 2006, 12:25:36 pm
Straight, no chaser.  He's a guy I know from the internet.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: Doc on August 09, 2006, 02:17:55 pm
Smooth.
You really are our film-noir lawyer eh?
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: pmcd9 on August 09, 2006, 02:39:49 pm
Frank isn't a guy from the internet anymore.

~Paul
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: side_show on August 09, 2006, 03:08:09 pm
Yeah, that would be a hard one to break to the SO:  Honey, a stranger from the internet will be staying at our place for a while.  But I imagine AW has provided his lovely wife with a good life, and after all, is she a Jeopardy champion?  No?  I don't think so.  So who is she to question his choices? *

* Aug, I hope you've never used this argument when disputing any issues with your good lady wife.


But anyway, Paul was voted most meetable and given an imaginary award for this very reason, so if he isn't a suitable house guest, who is?

Say... on the flip side, next TOUAMBIE Awards, we should have a TOUAMBIE you'd be most terrified to meet.

I'd pick Jough by the way.  Never mind the scary name pronunciation, I just imagine him pointing at aspects of my life and just laughing.  Just pointing and laughing.  And then some horrible accident would befall me and there he'd be at my funeral, and he'd point at a picture of me and say, in a sassy voice, "Fuck this chick."  And that would be the end of me.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 03:25:55 pm
But I imagine AW has provided his lovely wife with a good life, and after all, is she a Jeopardy champion?  No?  I don't think so.  So who is she to question his choices?

McKee is a former Fulbright scholar.  Are you a former Fulbright scholar, Charles?
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 03:26:49 pm
Say... on the flip side, next TOUAMBIE Awards, we should have a TOUAMBIE you'd be most terrified to meet.

I'd pick Jough by the way.  Never mind the scary name pronunciation, I just imagine him pointing at aspects of my life and just laughing.  Just pointing and laughing.  And then some horrible accident would befall me and there he'd be at my funeral, and he'd point at a picture of me and say, in a sassy voice, "Fuck this chick."  And that would be the end of me.

I'd more likely just be like, trying to sleep with you the entire time.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: side_show on August 09, 2006, 03:30:51 pm
See, pointing at me and laughing when I'm naked is an even worse inevitability.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: theinevitable on August 09, 2006, 05:31:13 pm
being all "haha, I tied you up and now you can't escape!"
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: Doc on August 10, 2006, 12:50:16 pm
See, pointing at me and laughing when I'm naked is an even worse inevitability.

Inevitable eh? Because Jough is just irresistable or just because you have to do whatever he says out of a mixture of fear and social commitment.

Now I'm wondering if this is the Inevitable event that Inev's name is prophesizing. Everything that happens here is leading to Smells and Jough sleeping together. Like we're some online book of revelations.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: theinevitable on August 10, 2006, 02:18:19 pm
oh fuck, you weren't supposed to tell them! smells, get out while you still ca--

*much sounds of kicking and yelling and being dragged away*
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: side_show on August 10, 2006, 02:57:06 pm
Violated!
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: AugustWest on August 10, 2006, 03:22:32 pm
You know, I liked this thread much better when it was about what a wonderful guy I am.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: wombat on August 10, 2006, 06:00:29 pm
Me too!
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: misterqueue on August 10, 2006, 06:04:40 pm
I liked it better on its first tour before it had that new drummer.
Title: Re: About August West
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 11, 2006, 07:13:05 am
Applying the lock while people still have a chance of remembering who this thread is about and how awesome he is.