The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: linnea on August 09, 2006, 03:49:43 am
-
I hate living on an island at times. We have a limited stock of shit that the grocery store will deign to sell us. A friend of mine tried to send me Marmite but it got held back at the border. WTF, customs agents? It's vegan, for fuck's sake! There is no mad cow bone marrow in it, you fucks!
So anyway, I decided to buy it online. After getting pissy that Amazon didn't have the kind of lemon curd that I like, which I also cannot get here, I looked for other sites. Then I ended up buying Marmite, a tea pot, and a ten dollar canister of tea. I either need a roommate who is willing to hide my wallet, or a husband who makes more money than I can spend. And I forgot the lemon curd.
-
linnea, I will
marry you hide your wallet for you, if you want.
-
Didn't we do a whole thread on vegemite and marmite and bovril and other gross stuff non-americans eat?
-
I demand a "neutral on the marmite question" option!
-
Do they sell Marmite in the contenital U.S.?
I have never had or seen it.
-
I voted No. Compared to Bovril, Marmite is just icky.
Bovril is vegan too! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovril)
-
Didn't we do a whole thread on vegemite and marmite and bovril and other gross stuff non-americans eat?
Shit, I didn't think to check. I was so enraged at the fuck*ng Customs agents seizing my Marmite and Oxo bullion cubes that I must've forgotten to check.
I demand a "neutral on the marmite question" option!
Your wish is my command! On polls that I have created, anyway.
-
Hooray! I am now officially... "netural!"
Is that related to Webcest?
-
Hooray! I am now officially... "netural!"
Is that related to Webcest?
Thank you, smartass. It has been changed again to reflect your NEUTRAL desires. Much love.
-
I voted No. Compared to Bovril, Marmite is just icky.
Bovril is vegan too! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovril)
"Bovril, formerly a beef extract, now is the trademarked name of a thick, salty yeast extract, sold in a distinctive, bulbous jar."
Seriously...when last I heard most of those words strung together like that, the teachers had separated the boys and the girls, and had us watch a film strip. So horrible sounding.
-
linnea, I will marry you hide your wallet for you, if you want.
We can get married if you are willing to support me for the rest of my life so that I can sleep in, surf the internet, and knit all day. You must be willing to coddle and provide for Milan and Lennybruce, my Scottish Folds. They do not allow any other quadripeds in the house. You also have to be willing to lavish me with ridiculous amounts of money so that I can buy the cosmetics, yarn, and clothes that I need. I also require jewelry and a spouse who doesn't care if I spend a lot of time training with other crazy-ass firefighters/medics. Hey, I don't ask for much. Now you are all understand why i am still single.
-
Shallowrific!
-
I'm impressed that you didn't mention "you have to be willing to be 'pegged'" so I guess at least I have that.
-
I'm impressed that you didn't mention "you have to be willing to be 'pegged'" so I guess at least I have that.
Did somebody say "pegged"?!
...
Uh, I mean ... How about that local sports team?
-
My take:
Marmite is the most disgusting thing on Earth. I can't stand the stuff.
And yet I will have it on toast. Now and then.
I voted no, as I categorically hate it. Despite.
Yep...
I think that's why I'm single...
-
Shallowrific!
Hey, at least I'm honest about it.
And yes, theinevitable and CJ, I would not peg a guy that didn't want to be pegged. Although it's totally hot when they beg for it. Hahahahah! I hope that mental image is seared into your brain.
-
I LOVE marmite on toast! When I get that first paycheck in September, I will totally have to send you some!
Mmmm. . . yeast extracts. . . . my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy because I like to drink some of the yeast dregs left over after brewing. But I say, "some people spend money for brewer's yeast! And it's delicious! B vitamins!"
-
I just got my package from the british tea shop in the mail. I am having a hella delicious Marmite sandwich (2 slices whole wheat toast, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon butter, and about 1/2 a teaspoon of Marmite) and a cup of tea. FTW! This stuff is so delicious.
(http://static.flickr.com/71/215567568_b31cc8be1b.jpg?v=0)
EDIT** Oh my goodness! A Marmite Dualit Toaster (http://www.dualit.com/content.asp?page=/catalogue/productRange.asp?categoryCode=26)! Be still, my heart! Now if only I had £115.00. That's a lot of money for a toaster, but it is so awesome!
-
Your tea set-up looks fantastic! I simply must get some Marmite, so I too can have a delicious Marmite & cheese sandwich! Frikkin' awesome!
Tea & Marmite. . . plus you get bonus points for presentation. The bites outta the sammitch give it that extra touch.
-
Heh!! Truth be told, I was sitting at my computer and marveling at the awesome Marmiteness, and then it dawned on me:
I MUST TAKE A PHOTO OF THIS.
I immediately stopped noshing, arranged the teatime tableau, and posted the resultant image on Flickr and on this board.
<3