The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mkilly on August 16, 2006, 04:54:31 pm

Title: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: mkilly on August 16, 2006, 04:54:31 pm
Dang, I never thought it would be like this! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08162006)
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: slink on August 16, 2006, 04:56:51 pm
Ray's thoughtful expression as he imagines someone rocking his can is wonderful. Oh god, does that make me gay?
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: CortJstr on August 16, 2006, 04:58:29 pm
I tried imaging it but now all I can think of is pegging. Thanks a lot, Linnea!



Call me!
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: side_show on August 16, 2006, 05:06:11 pm
It looks like they're walking pretty briskly there, especially in the second panel.  Nervous energy, or just a significant jaunt from the entrance to what ever room their headed to?

"Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas" is also just lovely.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: wombat on August 16, 2006, 05:07:13 pm
No, the topic should be 'Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas!"  I know it's not as relevant to the main point, but it is the best line.



edit:  Ha, see, I am right, because Side_Show (the real author) simultaneously agrees with me (the wannabe who obviously writes a great query letter but can't seem to get an agent to follow all the way through....)
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: spex on August 16, 2006, 05:27:01 pm
In the first frame, it looks like Ray is about to stick his hand in a pocket in his belly. For some reason, that's really weirding me out.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: dejavroom on August 16, 2006, 05:33:01 pm
I'm glad the arc ain't over yet. Pat's exchanges with the rest of the cast are gonna be the shit.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: theinevitable on August 16, 2006, 05:38:00 pm
no. The best line is "dang! I never thought it would be like this! a dude is rockin' my can!"

partially because that is what this guy I know will be saying soon. He is the most obvious in-denial gay fellow I have ever met. And he just found out his roommate at school is "totally gay."
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: Limmo on August 16, 2006, 06:34:40 pm
Ray is the greatest.  That is all.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: V-Adore on August 16, 2006, 08:05:07 pm
The phrase "a guy is rocking my can" is so good that, were I a bad person, I would now be compelled to write Achewood slash fiction just to work it in as many times as possible. "Hair falls off my body and sometimes there is gas" is also classic, especially the weird Muscular Ray Arms that accent it -- did he just score a field goal?

Once again, this strip proves that dialogue is the essential component of a good Achewood strip. How boring could this have been otherwise? (The correct answer is "extremely boring and lame.")
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: xzqx on August 16, 2006, 08:53:26 pm
In the first frame, it looks like Ray is about to stick his hand in a pocket in his belly. For some reason, that's really weirding me out.

Yes, like he is a marsupial and that is his pouch! Shit I want a belly pocket. I'd keep all kinds of crap in there.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: side_show on August 16, 2006, 10:27:23 pm
Yes, like he is a marsupial and that is his pouch! Shit I want a belly pocket. I'd keep all kinds of crap in there.

xzqx - you have a pu$$y.  You can keep things in your pu$$y.  I know a guy (who is gay, as per the topic at hand), and he was totally facinated with this idea.  He was really mystified by pu$$ys, and their lack of value to him.  He kept asking me why I wasn't using my pu$$y to carry things around.  He really wanted me to put it to some use, since it was basically usless to his c*ck.  I wasn't up to the challenge xzqx, but maybe you are.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: smick on August 16, 2006, 10:31:44 pm
It's my understanding that pu$$ys are really only shaped to carry a specific payload shape. 

Also, in using the term "payload" I also want to use the phrase "pu$$yl deployment".  Though, for ease, you may want to pick up some kind of tube.  That should facilitate other odds and ends being stored pu$$ylly.   I'm picturing the kind of tube you'd keep eyeglasses in. 

Paper clips, pocket knife, anything really.

A spare set of glasses!

Show, your gay friend was an innovator.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: robot_god on August 16, 2006, 11:36:18 pm
A spare set of glasses!

I dunno if I'd need a spare, but I would sure like to carry around some cleaning solution.  Perhaps I should just have more of an "open mind."



Anyway, maybe Pat has changed a bit.  He is offended and all he offers is, "Not cool, Ray." ?  He's gone soft.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: V-Adore on August 17, 2006, 12:22:16 am
Anyway, maybe Pat has changed a bit.  He is offended and all he offers is, "Not cool, Ray." ?  He's gone soft.

If Pat is going soft while a dude is rocking his can, he may have bigger problems than Ray can help with.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: MattFish on August 17, 2006, 01:23:53 am
If Pat is going soft while a dude is rocking his can, he may have bigger problems than Ray can help with.

V is now rocking one additional can.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: linnea on August 17, 2006, 01:30:30 am
It doesn't make a dude gay to enjoy having his can rocked.  Some hetero guys like getting pegged!

I tried imaging it but now all I can think of is pegging. Thanks a lot, Linnea!



Call me!


However, I have to admit to being a little creeped out by the suggestion of body-cavity-as-secret-bank-vault. We just had Pulp Fiction quotes in another thread recently, but it reminds me of Butch's daddy hiding his grandfather's gold watch up his ass for three years at the Hanoi Hilton, and then having Christopher Walken's character hide it up his ass after Butch's daddy died as a prisoner of war.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: V-Adore on August 17, 2006, 01:49:19 am
It doesn't make a dude gay to enjoy having his can rocked.  Some hetero guys like getting pegged!

Yeah, but in that case it's not a dude rocking the can. It's a lady with an implement administering some can-rockage.

You know, I could use this construction all day.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: linnea on August 17, 2006, 01:56:20 am
Yeah, but in that case it's not a dude rocking the can. It's a lady with an implement administering some can-rockage.

You know, I could use this construction all day.

You are absolutely right. If it is a guy rockin' another guy's can, it is definitely gay.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2006, 02:46:45 pm
You are absolutely right. If it is a guy rockin' another guy's can, it is definitely gay.

You're forgetting three-ways and orgies.  Pegging between two men could, essentially, happen in a non-gay group sex scenario. 

Thank you Chris Onstad.  Thank you for dirtying up my day.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: theinevitable on August 17, 2006, 03:58:28 pm
my friend and I used to refer to ladies hiding things in their "secret pocket."
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: linnea on August 18, 2006, 02:17:36 am
Speaking of cans, wtf? Someone took almost all of mine! Boo to that, you fucks!
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: Hobot on August 18, 2006, 02:24:51 am
Speaking of cans, wtf? Someone took almost all of mine! Boo to that, you fucks!

Here is your explanation:

Also fun with stats is to see which users are adding or deducting karma, and which users seem to be removing cans from many users once per hour.  I'm looking at you, Fooker.

Are we going to have to go back to the arbitrary can distribution system again?
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: linnea on August 18, 2006, 05:36:11 am
Thanks, Hobot. I had read the other thread and learned of Fooker's malicious can-stealery.

I think that the market is in serious shortage of cans. If we had more, then we might give more freely (shameless appeal to the mighty can-giving powers of jough). Someone gave me a can, so now I have three. I'd like to give several people cans, but I think I'm going to take my tiny cans of Dr. Pepper and hoard them in a bunker somewhere. Three cans is like, a step away from the Tiny Can poorhouse. Too risky.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: jough on August 18, 2006, 05:53:26 am
You don't actually lose a can when you give one - this isn't a zero sum game - the TCoDP economy is constantly growing.  When it grew to an unsustainable rate I leveled the playing field again and we lowered can inflation.

Now everyone's grubbing for cans again, because they're scarce.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: slink on August 18, 2006, 04:20:46 pm
You don't actually lose a can when you give one

Now that would be interesting!
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: theinevitable on August 18, 2006, 07:28:06 pm
man, I must have really screwed up recently. 1 can? geez. I used to have hell of cans, even if you accounted for the time jough gave me like 400 at once.
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: slink on August 18, 2006, 07:37:17 pm
Go on then...

*dispenses*
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: theinevitable on August 18, 2006, 08:27:28 pm
I get a deep satisfaction on semi-arbitrarily giving cans to people.

if you like you, I will give you a can.

EVERYBODY GETS A CAN! YOU GET A CAN! AND YOU GET A CAN! EVERY BODY GETS A CAN!
Title: Re: 16 August 2006: A guy is rocking my can!
Post by: jough on August 19, 2006, 04:58:56 am
I tend to just give cans to people that I like, reguarly.

Also, whenever anyone makes me laugh, that's good for a can or two right there.

Puns are auto-deductions.  I have a script that determines puns and does the can subtraction for me.