The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on August 17, 2006, 01:46:27 pm

Title: AOL searches
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 17, 2006, 01:46:27 pm
Go here:
http://czern.homeip.net/aolsearch/index2.php
and enter 711391

for a highly interesting set of search terms to come from one login.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: jough on August 17, 2006, 02:25:05 pm
Saw that same user mentioned in Waxy's Links (http://www.waxy.org/links/) last week.  Must be popular.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: linnea on August 17, 2006, 02:34:33 pm
Yuuuuck. That is what I have to say. This person sounds like a goddamned trainwreck.

Actually, I bet that the IT guys at my ISP are chuckling over my weird surfing habits, so maybe I oughtn't say anything.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 17, 2006, 02:42:23 pm
I wonder if that's actually all one person, or two people sharing a login.  Could go either way.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: PopeUrban on August 17, 2006, 04:43:20 pm
Quote
KILLING GHEY N1GGAS

Damn...  That and how the most popular searches involve 'nigger' and 'murder' and all about pimples not healing and having white skin over it.  Ugh
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: slink on August 17, 2006, 05:19:03 pm
Damn...  That and how the most popular searches involve 'nigger' and 'murder' and all about pimples not healing and having white skin over it.  Ugh

I'm taking it back.
I figure given the way half of my searches use uber geek techniques to find exactly what I'm after, and the other half are the most random searches when I'm bored, it would easily look like two peoples search queries. Hate to think how they'd look to others too.
That said, I was still terrified at some of the things people were apparently searching for through AOL... Who needs help killing their wife?
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: PopeUrban on August 17, 2006, 05:54:28 pm
-snip-
That said, I was still terrified at some of the things people were apparently searching for through AOL... Who needs help killing their wife?
ROFL  When I read that, I went back and clicked the link.  I got it about killing homosexual black people, you got the one about killing their spouse.  Man, freakin crazy.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: pmcd9 on August 21, 2006, 07:35:16 am
Apparently he's from Houston Texas.

~Paul
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Doc on August 21, 2006, 08:17:51 am
I definitely think 2 people, probably with children.

And now AOL search theatre presents....
Online affair, a timeline:

Quote from: someone's deeply private information
cannot sleep with snoring husband
can perimenopause cause sleeplessness
online friendships
nervous about meeting online friend
men need a womans love
how many online romances lead to sex
how many online romances lead to sex in person
how to flirt with a man
death by viagra
how do i get to the omni hotel in san antonio off i 10
crystal wand sex toy
how to make a good first impression on a man
nervous about meeting online friend
should you plan sex before meeting a cyber lover
husband does not think it is good idea for me to meet my online friends
how can i tell if spouse is spying on me while i'm online
married but in love with another
how to get rid of nervousness of meeting a blind date
casual sex is hot
never admit to an extramarital affair
when you meet an online friend and don't like them
should you cut off all ties with someone you are having an affair with
when you have an affair you hurt yourself worse than anyone
how come right when you get over a guy that dumped you he comes running back
guy i had an affair with acted weird during the sex
person i had an affair with is trying to contact me again
men don't forget good blow jobs
why do men hate women after they finally sleep with them
very depressed after affair
god can heal affairs
i was caught in an affair and ruined someones marriage
can herpes of the mouth be transmitted to the genitals
having affairs kills something inside of you
cheating on your mate is a waste of time
how to make a man want you

Actually it kind of looks like they were both cheating on each other since there are references to sleeping with men and women.

But I think this unrepeated search is somehow creepier than the reset:
"tammy faye baker has one year to live"
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: slink on August 21, 2006, 11:09:52 am
It is quite intriguing, this history of adultery. I am more intrigued by... why someone would search for 'death by viagra'. I mean, is this a hope, or a fear?
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: theinevitable on August 21, 2006, 12:17:00 pm
for some reason, that reminds me of this piece of paper I found in my backpack. On one side is something I drew. On the other side, scratched out, is typed
"hate mother as much as jesus." The strange thing is, I remember finding this piece of paper sitting on the floor. Who would type that, print it out, scratch it out, and then leave it lying on the floor?

also: who formulates their searches into sentences like that? jesus.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Hobot on August 21, 2006, 01:12:47 pm
also: who formulates their searches into sentences like that? jesus.

People who decide that AOL is the ideal ISP for them.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: wombat on August 21, 2006, 02:18:32 pm
Thank you Inev, I thought there was something wrong with me that what that list mainly made me think was "Whoa, do most people type whole sentences in search engines? Weird!"
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: slink on August 21, 2006, 04:21:43 pm
Thank you Inev, I thought there was something wrong with me that what that list mainly made me think was "Whoa, do most people type whole sentences in search engines? Weird!"

I kind of had less of a problem with that, as I assume most people don't know how to efficiently and effectively use Google. I still have friends who will ask me where to find something, and even after I tell them to use Google, I end up having to go and Google it myself for them.
It baffles me really, it can't be difficult surely? Although I guess it takes learning...
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 21, 2006, 04:26:46 pm
Hell, most people don't know how to use the whole freakin' Internet effectively.  I read a blog post recently where the author was going over search terms, and asked "Why is my full URL coming up as a search term so often?"  I replied in comments, "Because one or more of your readers doesn't understand what the address bar is, and types your URL into Google or whatever EVERY TIME they visit your site."
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: misterqueue on August 21, 2006, 04:26:46 pm
I kind of had less of a problem with that, as I assume most people don't know how to efficiently and effectively use Google. I still have friends who will ask me where to find something, and even after I tell them to use Google, I end up having to go and Google it myself for them.
It baffles me really, it can't be difficult surely? Although I guess it takes learning...

I think it's mostly a thing of ignorance.  For them, search engines are magic.  Boolean logic?  What's that?

Or maybe it's easier having come from an era with much much more frustrating search engines that took some skill to navigate?  (Anyone remember Hotbot?  Altavista? Man those were rough days.)
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: theinevitable on August 21, 2006, 05:00:07 pm
dude, even I remember those! I think.

I remember this friend's mom who did not understand that Search Engines search everything-- "wait, so what if I wanted a recipe?"
"use google."
"but... that's what you said to use when I wanted a website!"
"yes. a recipe on the internet is on a website."
"oh. but... so I use the same thing?"

oof.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Lister on August 21, 2006, 10:40:24 pm
My father isn't able to tell the difference between searching for a website and typing it in the address bar, either.  I've just learned to live with it, because I don't have trips home scheduled just to teach my parents how to use their technology.

Still, though, he's able to use his iPod.  So go Apple, I guess.

And while I normally use the KEYWORD KEYWORD KEYWORD METALLICA method of searching, sometimes you do get lucky searching for a complete sentence.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: jough on August 22, 2006, 12:49:44 am
Altavista was my favourite search engine, followed by Hotbot.

Google is of course my true love, but it's starting to look a little long in the tooth.  I expect that they will make their search results better, though, if anything else better comes along.  They're just too big to die out now.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: linnea on August 22, 2006, 01:54:34 am
My father isn't able to tell the difference between searching for a website and typing it in the address bar, either.  I've just learned to live with it, because I don't have trips home scheduled just to teach my parents how to use their technology.

Still, though, he's able to use his iPod.  So go Apple, I guess.

And while I normally use the KEYWORD KEYWORD KEYWORD METALLICA method of searching, sometimes you do get lucky searching for a complete sentence.

I still rue the day that I taught my dad the difference between searching for a website and typing it in the address bar. Once I showed him "Google" and that he could type in stuff like "classic cars" you could see the cogs in his mind a-turnin'.  After that, much like Beef, I wanted to type though a napkin. That was the day that he realized his $1200 computer was now a $1200 pron machine.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: side_show on August 22, 2006, 03:02:46 am
Nothing is more upsetting than having a parent who is technologically advanced enough to find porn, but is unable to learn how to delete his history, and who expects you to do all the routine maintenance on his computer.  *Shudder*
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: misterqueue on August 22, 2006, 03:03:58 am
"So that fetish is hereditary I guess... huh."
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: theinevitable on August 22, 2006, 05:12:05 am
yeah. I found porn on my parent's computer once. It might have been my brother's, though.

now someone has set it so that History is automatically deleted instantly on that computer. Which is a bitch when I need to use it for some reason.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: Doc on August 22, 2006, 10:43:35 pm
Mmm, Parental Pr0n (L@@K @ M3 I @m 31337!!!111) is serious times, especially when they end up with hell of prono related spyware.
Title: Re: AOL searches
Post by: smick on August 22, 2006, 10:47:47 pm
Yes... boo to parents who are savy enough to look for such things, but not savy enough to handle all the crap that you'll pick up along the way.