The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: DanSC on August 21, 2006, 07:20:11 am

Title: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: DanSC on August 21, 2006, 07:20:11 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08212006

I really couldn't figure out the right title for the thread though.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: Doc on August 21, 2006, 08:22:29 am
Classic A-wood for me, like walking into the middle of a conversation that makes no sense but is just awesome as hell.
Also can we get Besington Butters as one of the rankings?
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2006, 09:00:16 am
We definitely need a ranking for AKKOLADE, or at least for his skeleton.

My thought about this strip: "Wait, if Ray is the size of a regular cat, isn't that a crazy-tiny owl? How cute would that owl be if compared to a human? Eeeek!"
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: slink on August 21, 2006, 11:13:08 am
We definitely need a ranking for AKKOLADE, or at least for his skeleton.

Definitely... AKKOLADE's Skeleton!
(I just wanted to write that is all... It looks so good.)

Is it wrong that I've always secretly wanted a crazy-tiny owl?
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: Roger on August 21, 2006, 12:00:36 pm
Does that owl look really pissed, or is it just Onstad's rendering?

Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3034.msg73133.html#msg73133)

Also, AKKOLADE's jacket over his shoulders immediately reminded me of Chris Christmas Rodriguez. (http://www.wiggerl.com/ccr/)
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: dejavroom on August 21, 2006, 12:07:57 pm
I hate it when a strip ignores me.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: theinevitable on August 21, 2006, 12:13:45 pm
that owl should have been huge, man.

it could have been a contender.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 21, 2006, 12:33:50 pm
Ray's thing should have been Armor of God PJ's. (http://www.armorofgodpjs.com/)
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: misterqueue on August 21, 2006, 12:52:37 pm
Bensington Butters should be more... a 1920's Captain of Industry.   All wearing a top hat and monocle.  All oppressing the people.

Or maybe Bensington Butters: Man of Adventure!  All hanging from a helicopter.  All saving the orphans from the shark/ape fight happening right in the cafeteria.

Basically that name has hell of possibilities but not Nancy Drew at press conferences is all I am saying.

Also, I contend that AKKOLADE's mouth is less a mouth and more of some sort of Loony Tunes Mountain Tunnel cica 1956. 

Sincerely,
Q
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: CortJstr on August 21, 2006, 12:57:03 pm
It's all about the eyebrows.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: misterqueue on August 21, 2006, 01:01:32 pm
Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3034.msg73133.html#msg73133)

Heh, I had forgotten about that.  Thank you.  Though really that just reminds me I shouldn't post in head hurty states.*



* Also, cocks.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: Hobot on August 21, 2006, 01:03:09 pm
AKKOLADE reminds me of Marlon Brando in his later days.  And then I imagine him as Truckosaurus, saying "You crazy car, I don't know whether to kiss you or eat you!"

Does that owl look really pissed, or is it just Onstad's rendering?

I think the owl looks pissed.  Delightfully, adorably pissed.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: linnea on August 21, 2006, 02:20:04 pm
Jesus Christ on a bike, I am terribly sorry that I read that strip. Something about Akkolade CREEPS ME THE HELL OUT. AUUUUGH
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: theinevitable on August 21, 2006, 03:11:45 pm
maybe the owl is so pissed because he is tiny.

I'm sorry, I really don't care, I just feel like mentioning this a large number of times.

and yes, Akkolade is horrifying.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: bonaparte on August 21, 2006, 03:23:31 pm
I thought Bensington Butters was supposed to be really proud of his eyes.  So proud that he has a codicil in his contract stating you must look at his eyes.  Now I don't know but wearing sunglasses don't seem to be saying I am prouod of my eyes.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: slink on August 21, 2006, 04:22:48 pm
Something about Akkolade CREEPS ME THE HELL OUT. AUUUUGH

His skeleton?
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: robot_god on August 21, 2006, 06:23:58 pm
1. Acquire owl.
2. ???????????
3. Profit.

It actually seems plausible.  I have just thought of numerous situations where an owl would cause prosperity... but at a moral cost.







Anyway, what about Ben and AK?  Do you think these gimmicks would prove to be successful marketing in today's music industry?  I'd say probably so.  The Nancy Drew Stonewall is interesting, but it would have to be done by a rap artist and he would have to read it angrily - not laid back like Bensington seems to think he can get away with - it must be menacing.  However, the press conference would need a large audience of exposure, and I do not believe this is the case with press conferences in today's industry.  The faux-lip sync from an overweight man would also probably be successful, most strongly in a Star Search-type setting or Showtime At The Apollo.  Additionally, the man would have be sweating during the performance, and must be slightly out of breath at the end.  On second thought, this would probably be a failure, technically, since the outlet is not mainstream enough to reach the desired exposure.  The idea would not be go over in a music video, never surpassing cult status.

My vote:  ND Stonewall - plausible.
              Lip Syncin' Hammy - failure.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: side_show on August 21, 2006, 07:13:08 pm
Ah, but there are tiny owls.  I've seen Tawny Owls at the zoo, and they are quite small, about the size of a pigeon.  They're very cute, and I have a friend named Tawny, which is why I remember them.  It is possible, size wise anyway.

Also, yes - that owl looks pissed, but wouldn't you be pissed?

Also, Ray standing next to an owl is like Goofy standing next to Pluto, I mean, WTF?
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: misterqueue on August 21, 2006, 07:24:23 pm
Ah, but there are tiny owls.

Tiny Owl!  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/misterqueue/185663210/in/set-72157594192998869/)


It can fit in your palm I swear!  Shame about that damned Tapetum Lucidum though.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: jough on August 21, 2006, 07:48:57 pm
Anyway, my props to misterqueue for eerily foreshadowing this. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3034.msg73133.html#msg73133)

He didn't foreshadow it.  Onstad got the idea from reading the forum.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: MattFish on August 21, 2006, 08:06:18 pm
This strip completes me.

Let me just say that I love owls. I love owl.

everyday is owl?
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: misterqueue on August 21, 2006, 08:11:52 pm
He didn't foreshadow it.  Onstad got the idea from reading the forum.


Or more specifically from reading ME BABY!  WHO'S THE TOUGH GUY NOW, WORLD?! </Zoidberg>
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: vivouk on August 21, 2006, 08:34:23 pm
So, so wonderful.  ;D
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2006, 09:21:31 pm
This strip completes me.

Let me just say that I love owls. I love owl.

everyday is owl?

Thank you, sir, for mentioning the only thing to ever come out of 4chan that is not a hideous, festering offense against God and man.

I, too, like owls.

That's all.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: CortJstr on August 22, 2006, 12:44:21 am
Tiny Owl!  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/misterqueue/185663210/in/set-72157594192998869/)


It can fit in your palm I swear!  Shame about that damned Tapetum Lucidum though.

Sorry, but it's not a tiny owl unless you have to put it next to a coin or paperclip for scale. That would be a tiny owl.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: linnea on August 22, 2006, 01:57:15 am
Ah, but there are tiny owls.  I've seen Tawny Owls at the zoo, and they are quite small, about the size of a pigeon.  They're very cute, and I have a friend named Tawny, which is why I remember them.  It is possible, size wise anyway.

Also, yes - that owl looks pissed, but wouldn't you be pissed?

Also, Ray standing next to an owl is like Goofy standing next to Pluto, I mean, WTF?

Dude, I have no idea why he scares me so much, but Akkolade is just fuckin' creepy.

A Tawny, tiny owl is an awesome description. Also, smells, you have a friend named Tawny? Was her sister named Ruby? Were her parents big fans of Port? Yikes.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: side_show on August 22, 2006, 02:53:53 am
Tawny is a common Chinese name for girls, so sadly no, her brother and sister both have non-exciting names unrelated to colour.

Akkolade is puffed up.  Puffed up, like and owl. 
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSSSSSS
Post by: LCB on August 22, 2006, 05:24:34 am
Of the affected eccentricities, Ray's seems kind of weak. I mean, it's an owl. A small, very angry looking owl but an owl all the same.

Bensington's Nancy Drew reading could work, but it can come off a bit too obviously affected, instead of the genuine eccentriticy of music label genius. Akkolade, while frightening, suffers from an extreme case of trying way too hard. This is the equivilent of the guy at college who tops off his everyday wearing of a top hat by placing bright, colorful feathers in the band, and then maybe replacing the band with a custom band made of silver conchos.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: evan on August 22, 2006, 02:07:24 pm
Of the affected eccentricities, Ray's seems kind of weak. I mean, it's an owl. A small, very angry looking owl but an owl all the same.
We don't know what happens with the owl yet.
Title: Re: 21 August 2006: In your perfect love I find salvation in your tender...KISSS
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 04, 2008, 06:46:35 pm
Owls cannot move their eyes inside their sockets. That owl has mexican magical realism.