The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: side_show on August 23, 2006, 04:34:10 am

Title: Achewood fanimation
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2006, 04:34:10 am
This is what happens when I'm bored.

I find things that are best not to be found.

I apologize in advance for proliferating this but...

Scarier than fan fic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo&mode=related&search=)

Sweet, yet, as they say, poor quality. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo)
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: Roger on August 23, 2006, 04:51:56 am
Hoo boy, that 3D Ray looks like something straight out of The Galerie Abominate. (http://www.jackals-forge.com/abom.html)

And being as bored as you right now, s_s, I couldn't help checking the third video under the "achewood" tag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZsGBVd0W4
As I said, I was bored, but not so much as to follow that to the end. Can anyone make out those lyrics?
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2006, 05:00:26 am
"Three days/Three Nights/Three Acres(?)/Three Thousand Maaaaan/Fight." 

Yeah, I was listening to that when I posted the other two, but since it was music, not, as I said "fanimation" I left it out.  Also, I had searched "Chris Onstad" first after watching a James Kochalka interview, you know, in search of a way to put a face to the foot.  Anyway, when it comes to these living room rockers, the lead singer looks sort of like a younger Russell Crowe, they don't suck, but, I feel so very indifferent.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: V-Adore on August 23, 2006, 07:08:36 am
The major attraction in that "Great Outdoor Fight" video is the shot of the frightened-looking, hairless calico cat in the hallway. Calico hairless cats: is there any lifeform on Earth uglier than those poor fuckers?

Also, do the floating speech bubbles in the "Hugs Not Bombs" animation weird out anyone else?
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: misterqueue on August 23, 2006, 10:41:26 am
The hugs one at least had cute music to it.

The first one however.  Ray does not sound like that.. not at all.  I want to wash my eyes and ears with lye and go on a mental sabbatical after seeing that thing.  So... so cold.  *Rocking back and forth*
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: slink on August 23, 2006, 12:29:33 pm
Not only does Ray not even sound remotely like that, sa you say, but I'm not sure he's actually thatfat either. His belly sticks out a fair bit, but not the rest of him!
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 23, 2006, 01:32:38 pm
Ray sounds like Scatman Crothers.  I will NOT argue about this.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: misterqueue on August 23, 2006, 01:50:57 pm
I always kinda hear him like Howlin' Wolf in a "Smokestack Lightnin'" kinda way.

Unless he's trying to play it smooth, then I hear him as some sort of weird mixture of Huggy Bear and "The Ladies Man" without the lisp.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: linnea on August 23, 2006, 02:27:47 pm
I only watched Smells' animation and the Judas Priest Friday one. They were both pretty awesome, but Ray's screaming voice sounded different from his talking voice. Also, I loved smells' animation, as that strip is one of my favorites.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: Roger on August 23, 2006, 03:08:01 pm
Also, do the floating speech bubbles in the "Hugs Not Bombs" animation weird out anyone else?

Definitely. Funny how they come flying from somewhere to meet the characters' mouths, instead of originating from them. It shows either some unawareness of the workings of speech bubbles, or some metaphorical intent that has yet to be glimpsed.

I loved smells' animation.

Now hold on a second…
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2006, 06:06:58 pm
Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: wombat on August 23, 2006, 06:46:21 pm

The first one however.  Ray does not sound like that.. not at all.

He certainly does not. It made me very cross.

I like the Hugs one though.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: smick on August 23, 2006, 08:50:17 pm
Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.

I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 23, 2006, 11:47:58 pm
I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo

They look familiar to me, as if I'd seen them just a few posts ago....
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: linnea on August 24, 2006, 02:11:33 am
Linnea, the animation is not done by me, I just found it while poking around on You Tube.  Just as you are not Cleopatra, I am not the creator of this artwork.  Sorry kid.

Damn. I guess I misread your post, and I didn't bother to check Jack or Shit at YouTube. Anyway, I love it.
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: side_show on August 24, 2006, 04:26:21 pm
I think this is where I point out that I found these URLs on you tube.  Do these interest you?

Hmm... smick does this cute thing where he re-states what I have just stated in a slightly less articulate way?  I think I'm having  deja thread or something. (http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=3077.msg74214#new)
Title: Re: Achewood fanimation
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 26, 2006, 06:01:53 pm
The music in the 2-D animation was kinda nice.

The Outdoor Fight video reminded me, however, of my opinion of most guys in smalltown punk bands, that rarest of rare kind of douchebag in any other context: the good-natured douchebag.

The kind of douchebag who... has no idea he is a douchebag, is in no way trying to be a douchebag... but is nonetheless a total douche. He is a nice guy, well-intentioned, perhaps even slightly interesting outside of the context of playing a music that is built around the idea that you don't have to be able to sing or play your instrument... but the moment he starts "singing", it is as if you are Doctor Bones on Star Trek, swinging your tricorder over the guy:

"Captain, it's just as I feared. Scanner reads... douchebag."

In just about every other social structure, the nice douchebag is as rare as the unironic Christina Agulera fan but... in punk music, nearly a third of the people are unintentional douches. Someone should actually do a study on it, not like I did, where I just made a bunch of numbers up.