The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: misterqueue on August 24, 2006, 10:43:48 am

Title: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: misterqueue on August 24, 2006, 10:43:48 am
New Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242006)... sort of.

Today we get another ad for another zine.  I guess it's the point but man, R. Beef cannot do no Erotic Fiction nohow.  However, Jah Rhyme's "Da Riggy" sounds as though it may be on one of those "Now Hear This Vol 505" compilations.  Also, Miami claps; heh.

So yeah, as far as ads go it's okay I guess, but the dollars aren't flying out of my wallet readin' it is all.

Are those girls wearing berets?  I'm just saying.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 24, 2006, 11:21:32 am
At first I went "This was totally written by Ray!  What the hell!"
That didn't last, though.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: misterqueue on August 24, 2006, 12:24:51 pm
If Ray had written it there would be actual copulation.  (Also, possibly, maxxin'.)  The "Miami Claps" would indeed throw a dude off from the get-go however.  It's hard to see Beef gettin' into that sort of movement (heh). 

However, maybe he was trying to be over the top and then his neurotic nature took over.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: CortJstr on August 24, 2006, 01:13:50 pm
I have totally ruined food in the past by adding an extra digit to the microwave. This makes me feel like I can relate to this J character.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: cellardoor on August 24, 2006, 02:03:26 pm
Steam keys Haskell looks nasty as hell.
Look at how he leers!
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: MattFish on August 24, 2006, 02:53:02 pm
that is one ferocious saxophone. Look at how the little bus with hydraulics is running away from it!
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: jough on August 24, 2006, 05:15:04 pm
Today is the day that I stopped reading the strip on which the message board that I host is based.

It sounds like I made the right decision.

I don't want to rub it in anyone's faces or nothin', but I have an extra minute of my life that none of you have.  That's all I'm saying.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: Ben-San on August 24, 2006, 07:38:23 pm
If Ray had written it there would be actual copulation.  (Also, possibly, maxxin'.)  The "Miami Claps" would indeed throw a dude off from the get-go however.  It's hard to see Beef gettin' into that sort of movement (heh). 

However, maybe he was trying to be over the top and then his neurotic nature took over.

Showbiz wrote this. That is who it is a little picture of.

Not just the little author-picture on the first page, but also the entire thing is a little picture of Showbiz's mind.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: misterqueue on August 24, 2006, 08:05:59 pm
Showbiz wrote this. That is who it is a little picture of.

Not just the little author-picture on the first page, but also the entire thing is a little picture of Showbiz's mind.

In this comic (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12092004) Beef uses the similar pseudnym "Ed E. Haskell".  Also that, icon looks like what you would make if you were trying to make a "dirtier version of beef" which I suppose showbiz also resembles.  I do see the showbiz resemblance in the hair though.  Hrm...
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: Ben-San on August 24, 2006, 08:41:25 pm
In this comic (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12092004) Beef uses the similar pseudnym "Ed E. Haskell".  Also that, icon looks like what you would make if you were trying to make a "dirtier version of beef" which I suppose showbiz also resembles.  I do see the showbiz resemblance in the hair though.  Hrm...

The only differences in facial design between Showbiz and Roast Beef are the expressions and the hair, both of which the little icon has. At first I thought it was shaved-head stubble but I suspect that is an artifact of the resolution and it is in the correct pattern to be Showbiz's pulled-back hair. Also, the story is exactly how Showbiz would fail to write a porno story.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 24, 2006, 09:07:13 pm
To hell with you guys - I've already "spanked" "it" TWICE today because of how hot this story made me (in my #####).
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: Hobot on August 24, 2006, 11:03:53 pm
This wasn't a total miss.  After all, we got the phrases "naked as hell, and twice as horny" and "insane with ass" from it.  And you've got to appreciate the completely unnecessary extrapolation about how J-Boy would not hide from Maria, and equally unnecessary inclusion of the conversation about overcooking the eggs.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: linnea on August 25, 2006, 01:36:20 am
Are those girls wearing berets?  I'm just saying.

She wore a RAAAAAAASPBERRY BERET
You know, the kind you find in a secondhand store.
Title: Re: 24 Aug 06 - He Watched 12 Minutes of Breed All About It on Animal Planet
Post by: gearnest on August 28, 2006, 09:26:43 pm
It's been four days and I'm still laughing about "insane with ass".