The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Fooker on August 25, 2006, 05:28:48 am

Title: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Fooker on August 25, 2006, 05:28:48 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08252006 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08252006)

This comic needs less homoeroticism.  :-\
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: oball on August 25, 2006, 05:33:53 am
"I'll have you slayed!"

I like this strip.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: linnea on August 25, 2006, 05:35:48 am
I rather enjoyed the last panel of Teodor raising the thumbs-up at the idea of Portobella Kebabs even though he was in flagrante delicto. Those things are fuckin' delicious (portobellas, not giving a 'job).
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Bagger? on August 25, 2006, 05:54:32 am
I tend to expect from this comic a certain level of unpredictability, and this strip certainly reinforces that idea, just in a way that isn’t right. 

I’m adding the alt text to my list of achewood influenced conversation gimmicks. I am just sad that I couldn’t use it on this Friday, and that I have to wait seven more days for my next chance.

I love this strip. Good show Onstad, I’m sending you digital blowjobs.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: V-Adore on August 25, 2006, 05:58:52 am
BE CAREFUL ON... WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE FUCK RAY FRIDAY

The awkward, uncomfortable sexuality in the strip this past week or so has just been insane. I suppose we can just count ourselves lucky that the last panel isn't Teodor rocking Ray's can.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: DanSC on August 25, 2006, 07:19:32 am
Yeah this last week has been kind of insane. Maybe Liz is out of town or something, and Chris is feeling a little pent up. Like Ray. Maybe this is secretly a would somebody please fuck chris friday?
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: smick on August 25, 2006, 08:08:10 am
Perhaps the author is trying to ask... "Are these feelings...normal?"
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: mrdna1 on August 25, 2006, 10:17:23 am
I didn't see the "How That Would Go" header above the last two panels at first, and holy SHIT was I shocked.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Hobot on August 25, 2006, 10:48:29 am
Even though yesterday's excerpt wasn't half-bad, today's strip totally made up for it.  I particularly like the idea of getting a pound of shredded meat for mailing back a bar of soap.  And Ray's commentary in the last panel, of course.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 25, 2006, 11:55:10 am
Yeah, didn't need to see those last two panels.  I like the rest of the strip though.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2006, 12:06:33 pm
Yeah, didn't need to see those last two panels. 

OH GOD POOR WOMBAT.  I thought Teodor was joking. WHY DID I SCROLL DOWN???

You all made me feel better though. Thanks.  I guess it is sort of funny, really.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: CortJstr on August 25, 2006, 12:47:20 pm
The funniest part is Ray considering the offer as if it were real. Besides, I still think the time that chick threw up in Ray's mouth was more gross than this strip.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: misterqueue on August 25, 2006, 12:50:03 pm
Okay.. this was wonderfully amusing.  Serious.

"I am mad about what I SAID I am mad about! Packages!"

Delightful!

Teodor looks like he has a case of "Fat Neck" today.. and no that's not a euphamism.

Anyway, if a little imaginary blowing ruins the strip for you, then you're a pansy.  I'm just saying.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2006, 12:58:56 pm
It's not just the imaginary blowing, it's, I mean, it would be one thing if they were strangers, you know? 
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: misterqueue on August 25, 2006, 01:00:50 pm
It's not just the imaginary blowing, it's, I mean, it would be one thing if they were strangers, you know? 

So what you're saying is you are opposed to friends helping friends but would see no problem with Ray gettin' a little gloryhole action?

This is suddenly shining a new light on you womby.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2006, 01:12:41 pm
No no no I mean strangers to me would be different. I mean, I have known these guys all these years. It's not what I expected, first thing after dragging myself out of bed on a lethargic dying-summer Friday morning. It was not previously part of my universe of possibilities.

But, OK, I can't complain. If I wanted predictable, I could read Peanuts reruns, right?
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: slink on August 25, 2006, 01:24:06 pm
Oh dear, I think I'm still laughing...

If he needs two days to come up with a strip like this, I say he takes it whenever he wants.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: jough on August 25, 2006, 02:12:43 pm
Okay, your comments drew me back into reading the strip again today.

This one was pretty funny.  I mean, two dudes blowing each other pretty much always = comedy, right?

Teodor's thumbs-up was the funniest thing in the strip for a while.  Who among us hasn't gotten head and had the blower give hand signals in response to conversation?  I ask you!

Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on August 25, 2006, 02:42:23 pm
Man, the motion lines around Teodor's head in the last two panels is just.. upsetting.  I suppose it is inevitable that Bobby or someone will make an animated gif out of this that will cause my wang to retreat even further into my body.


Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: mrchee on August 25, 2006, 02:44:21 pm
You are now entering.... The Twilight Zone
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: side_show on August 25, 2006, 02:45:02 pm
Wow, it has been a really long time since I laughed out loud at Achewood.  I didn't even bother reading yesterdays thing... I took one look and my mind just rejected it.

Anyway, this one is wonderful.

"You've got money.  Call a prostitute.  Quit yelling about groceries." is just fantastic.  

In awkward sexuality-related moments on the personal front news, I was over at my friend's house, and I mean, friends from old times.  Grade school.  I was there to tend to her post-operatively, after the removal of all four wisdom teeth, and she was drugged and a bit out of it.  She insisted on doing a couple wobbly yoga moves - I think she was trying to show me she was fine, but really, it only further demonstrated that she was not.  

This friend has always been just mildly homophobic, and was really, really uncomfortable when she found out well after the fact that I had secretly dated a girl we both knew in highschool.  It is something I knew we couldn't talk about then, or now.  Ever since then, though, I have been her go-to-gal when it comes to all things gay.  She'll ask me "at what point does it become 'sex' when two women are involved?"  That sort of thing.  To prepair for my coming over to "baby sit," she had rented Brokeback Mountain.  Not just because of the previously mentioned stuff, but because she wanted to see it and her also mildly homophobic husband had designated this movie as one he refused to watch, one she should watch with me.  So during the movie, she asked if I knew about "the rusty trombone," and I replied that I had not.  She went on to tell me that she and her husband were out at some joke shop when he saw a pair of boxers referring to "the rusty trombone," and that he just cut up laughing, because apparently her husband and his best friend  had a joke about this.  Anyway, my slightly homophobic friend, then went on to explain to me, since I was unaware, exactly what "the rusty trombone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rusty_Trombone)" is  (beyond the definition here, she went on to explain the "rust" and where it comes from - needless to say, it's from the trombonist previously having had his can rocked by the trombone).  This whole procedure had been explained to her by her husband.  She marveled that the expression is so common that novelty boxer shorts have been made.  I marveled that her husband and his bestfriend had some sort of running gag about this... but apparently it isn't funny to imply someone's husband and bestfriend are gay for each other while watching Brokeback Mountain, even if it obviously isn't true.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: misterqueue on August 25, 2006, 02:55:20 pm
In awkward sexuality-related moments on the personal front news, I was over at my friend's house, and I mean, friends from old times ...  She insisted on doing a couple wobbly yoga moves

This did not end up as I expected it to at all. 
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: idiomsavant on August 25, 2006, 03:51:24 pm
(beyond the definition here, she went on to explain the "rust" and where it comes from - needless to say, it's from the trombonist previously having had his can rocked by the trombone).
I would have thought that the "rust" was from the trombonist's mouth contacting the... "mouthpiece," as it were.  There certainly may be rust on the "slide" from previous can-rockin', but it wouldn't be necessary for your textbook Rusty Trombone, as recognized by the International Olympic Committee or other appropriate sanctioning body.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 25, 2006, 04:23:34 pm
...your textbook Rusty Trombone, as recognized by the International Olympic Committee or other appropriate sanctioning body.

The sanctioning body for Rusty Trombones is never appropriate.  They miss no opportunity to make a distasteful observation about a lady's feminine parts or a man's past dalliance with homo curiosity.

They'll even do it in mixed company.

And you should totally see the "motivational" posters they hang on the walls of their office.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: slink on August 25, 2006, 04:35:41 pm
"You've got money.  Call a prostitute.  Quit yelling about groceries." is just fantastic. 


That, and the line about not buying a sponge for fear of calls from INXS I loved. And Ray's realisation that he really should have at least brought Teodor a soda as recompense. Recompense or remuneration, I'm not sure...

I also might adopt the line 'Don't sass me when I'm grumpy. I'll have you slayed.' That would work for me.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: theinevitable on August 25, 2006, 04:36:18 pm
jough-- that has never happened to me. I am sharing because... You asked me.

so, I am waiting for the part of College where I run into Q in the streets.

or the thing Jough was talking about happens.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Roger on August 25, 2006, 05:36:06 pm
Interesting how Ray doesn't immediately rule out Téodor's proposition on the grounds of that being a totally gay thing to do.

And now I desperately want to try some mushroom kebabs, but I'm sure that when I do it the memory of Téodor going down on Ray will ruin the whole experience.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: rabidambulance on August 25, 2006, 06:00:14 pm
I feel like the carbonation and acidity of soda might do a good job in clearing out any...mawkish residue.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Drastic Action on August 25, 2006, 06:10:48 pm
I actually had made some portobello kabobs on the grill last evening, shortly before reading this.  That is where the similarities in this strip and my life end.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: mrdna1 on August 25, 2006, 06:19:16 pm
Man ... I've read this strip about fifteen times since I woke up and it still hasn't lost its luster. I never thought seeing a stuffed bear fellate a sexually frustrated cat could be so funny ... of course, I've never really thought about a stuffed bear fellating a sexually frustrated cat before either.

I'd say thumbs up to Onstad on this one, but ... well ... yeah.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: CortJstr on August 25, 2006, 06:25:25 pm
I feel like the carbonation and acidity of soda might do a good job in clearing out any...mawkish residue.

Ladies and/or fellows who dig fellows, care to weigh in on this?

I'm impressed we got this far without mentioning barbs

...

Fuck!
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: AugustWest on August 25, 2006, 07:39:46 pm
I'm impressed we got this far without mentioning barbs


Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: V-Adore on August 25, 2006, 08:19:01 pm
I also might adopt the line 'Don't sass me when I'm grumpy. I'll have you slayed.' That would work for me.

I am very fond of the difference in word choice between "don't sass me when I'm grumpy" and "I'll have you slayed." It sounds like Ray was trying to copy one of Pat's Trials of Honor insults and critically miscalculated.

(It's especially terrifying when you realize that Ray probably could have Teodor slayed if he wanted to. All selling him out to Ottawa Modified Death and having him served with Meyer Lemon Weissbier later...)
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: wombat on August 25, 2006, 08:26:03 pm
Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced.

Crunchy frog!!

Thinking about anything but Ray's barbed c*ck and the stuffed bear!!
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: robot_god on August 25, 2006, 08:36:51 pm
These days, I guess Ray can be nonchalant about receiving a bj, but a few years ago and he would goin' wild, arms in the air and "YEAH BABY COME SEE WHO RAY IS."
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: talgkjertel on August 25, 2006, 11:44:17 pm
Okay, your comments drew me back into reading the strip again today.

You run an Achewood message board. Enough with the inferiority complex.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Bagger? on August 26, 2006, 03:02:11 am
This strip has made me seriously reconsider my own fear and loathing of shopping for shampoo. Maybe my frustration at the shampoo isle is really just a venue for pent up sexual energy? I mean, every time I’m looking at the bottles I just can’t stop thinking it is really weird that they require us to know the specific scientific (commercial?) qualities of our hair, like if it is dry or frizzy. And then they also require us to know what we want our hair to be like, such as “Smooth”, or “Silky”. I find it irritating that none of the shampoo companies really cater towards the group of dirty haired people who just want it clean. I cannot find a shampoo that says “For clean hair” and just ends there, and this really makes me mad. Now I’m thinking I just need a blowjob.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: linnea on August 26, 2006, 03:37:58 am
This strip has made me seriously reconsider my own fear and loathing of shopping for shampoo.

The next time you're in the shampoo aisle, just grab a bottle, flip open the cap, and smell it. If you like it, put it in the cart. If you hate it, close the lid and put it back. Repeat until you have found a bottle that you like. Purchase said bottle. That is all you need to know about shopping for shampoo, because all shampoo is gonna cleanse your hair. All you have to do is pick one. Since you're going to be smelling that shampoo every morning for at least a couple months, you might as well pick one that smells good.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: MattFish on August 26, 2006, 04:36:24 am
That is all you need to know about shopping for shampoo, because all shampoo is gonna cleanse your hair. All you have to do is pick one.

There's satisfying shampoo waiting to come out of your local supermarket or drugstore. All you have to do is pick one and put it in your shower.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: jough on August 26, 2006, 04:43:59 am
You run an Achewood message board. Enough with the inferiority complex.

To be honest, if I had not made friends here and did not enjoy engaging in conversation with most of you on a regular basis, I would likely not still be reading Achewood every day.

I haven't read the blogs in ages, and don't generally unless something in a thread sounds interesting and I want to see the antecedent of the conversation.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Bagger? on August 26, 2006, 08:22:01 am
There's satisfying shampoo waiting to come out of your local supermarket or drugstore. All you have to do is pick one and put it in your shower.

Quote from: linnea
The next time you're in the shampoo aisle, just grab a bottle, flip open the cap, and smell it.

Man, fuck y'all.

Just wasn't the point. You know this.

Edit: We can... open the shampoo in the store? I'm going to have to take this into consideration. Thank you.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: jough on August 26, 2006, 02:46:39 pm
I use Green Death Prell to clean my hair.  It doesn't have any conditioners, perfumes, or other crap to get in the way of making my hair clean.  It's about the closest thing I can find to a straight detergent for my head.

I used to use this shampoo you couldn't even buy in the supermarket and could only get at "authorised dealers" called "Cherimoya Clenz."  It smelled really nice because it was supposed to have actual fruit in it.  It never really got my hair as clean as Prell does, though, although it cost 17x as much as Prell.

Actually, having said all of that, CC did make my hair really soft.  Maybe I'll pick up a bottle...
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 26, 2006, 05:45:48 pm
And Ray's realisation that he really should have at least brought Teodor a soda as recompense. Recompense or remuneration, I'm not sure...

I dunno, I think the offer of a soda was... like... not so much a payment for the act as it was... and expected niceity associated with a sexual favour. You know, you go over to Gramma's and you get a piece of hard candy when you walk in... not so much as your payment, that will come later in the form of a check or a few dress shirts, but just as a polite token.

The mushroom kabob dinner was the offer of payment, if there was one.

I'm not sure if this was a pun on the idea of a "mushroom dinner" but... I should hope so.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Lister on August 26, 2006, 06:09:46 pm
I just wanted to point out that "Nice work down there, by the way" is the best awkward compliment during a sexual act ever.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: theinevitable on August 26, 2006, 07:52:11 pm
...really? You don't say "nice job!" afterwards?
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Ben-San on August 26, 2006, 09:47:03 pm
The kebabs and soda aren't about payment. They are what Ray does when he is hanging out with a friend, except made more awkward by that same friend fellating him.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: nDed on August 27, 2006, 08:11:00 pm
I have nothing really constructive to add to the discussion of Téodor giving Ray head, but Téodor's shoulders look weird in this strip.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Drygioni on August 28, 2006, 02:04:54 am
someone will make an animated gif out of this that will cause my wang to retreat even further into my body.

How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: linnea on August 28, 2006, 02:52:59 am
How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

ahahahahahaaaa! a tiny can of dr pepper to you good sir. i can't type too well becauswe lennybruce my main moggiehas co-opted the keyboard nd is kicking me as i try ty typd
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: Hobot on August 28, 2006, 03:20:26 am
How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

WELCOME BACK, JUDY.


It might be fun to see how long we can quote this post, thereby creating a never-ending chain of Ray-Fellating animated gifs.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: theinevitable on August 28, 2006, 03:49:19 am
it has been done.

eventually the oldest post starts being deleted, creating a neverending chain (ouroborous-like)
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: jough on August 28, 2006, 06:32:55 am
How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

Excellent work, sir.  A can for you, and another for your women!
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: V-Adore on August 28, 2006, 07:09:39 am
Let's just quote it once more, for posterity:

How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

Ah, delightful!
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: side_show on August 28, 2006, 02:27:08 pm
How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

Oh no!  I was wrong to come here first thing in the morning.  Do you know what effect this will have on my day?  I have to go buy my sister a birthday gift, god damn it! 
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: vivouk on August 28, 2006, 04:34:47 pm
 :(
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: xzqx on August 28, 2006, 09:16:33 pm
How right you were! I can't tell you how sorry I am, because I'm not really very sorry.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/Animation1.gif)

The image quality is a bit sucky. I'm sure Ray can relate to that.

It's wonderful! I think if Ray's eyes were closed and his mouth were opening and closing (as if in ectasy) I couldn't handle it. But as it is, it's just abuot right.
Title: Re: 25 Aug 2006 - I'LL blow you if it'll shut you up for five seconds!
Post by: theinevitable on August 28, 2006, 09:25:46 pm
he is wearing glasses...