The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on August 28, 2006, 08:13:06 am

Title: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: Doc on August 28, 2006, 08:13:06 am
I'm not sure whether Onstad is going somewhere with this or whether it's just a one off but either way it's got me thinking about that damn tesla roadster again...

I thought at first Ray was trying to avoid Teodore after the previous strip's akward homoerotic fantasies.
Guess not.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: DanSC on August 28, 2006, 10:53:03 am
er, http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08282006

It's cute how Teodor always gets his hopes up about things. I hope this doesn't end as badly as the whole Circus c*ck episode.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: Undertoad on August 28, 2006, 12:06:30 pm
I had to read "'bio-filtered' Ravenswood zinfandel comin' directly outta my catheter" three times before I realized what Ray was saying.  That's part of the genius of A-wood... or part of the moronity that is me.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: Drygioni on August 28, 2006, 12:17:43 pm
I read about a guy in the 'paper who went around Europe doing the old veggie oil trick. Apparently, he had no trouble actually getting the fuel; it was trying to convince disbelieving rural French restauranteers that his car was not going to explode. The article made a point of using the word French.

It's quite 'classic' Teodor/Ray action here (rather than this sexy new direction they're going in). Teodor has scheme, wants Ray involved, Ray either disagrees or changes everything about the project. So it goes.

I do like how Teodor tries to appeal to Ray's idea of himself as a leading man in business. The next Rockefeller, indeed.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2006, 12:38:58 pm
I regret that for personal reasons I must not ride in a car that smells like Awesome Blossoms.

I love Ray's position in the last panel.  Is so expressive.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: misterqueue on August 28, 2006, 01:06:36 pm
Hrm.. is it just me or is it a bad idea to have a post-liquor urine engine?  I'd be all such as "WOOO!  DRINKIN' AND DRIVIN' 4EVER!"  I might even get that stenciled on the outside of my car is some vague taggin' script.  Then I'd be like.. "Los Santos 4 Realz Homies!"  I don't- I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Today made me chuckle but not as much as Friday, that's all.


(OMG! 2,000 posts in less than a year?  That seems excessive.  Maybe I will take a posting hiatus until my year comes up on Sept 15th.  Yes, this sounds like an idea.  I mean, I'll still be here, but it is like I will be mute until my year is up and this seems more reasonable.  Have fun kids.)
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: mrchee on August 28, 2006, 02:41:30 pm
Whats wrong with awesome blossoms?  Anyone?  Come on, people -- there is nothing wrong with awesome blossoms.  Ray is scared
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: side_show on August 28, 2006, 02:52:35 pm
Hrm.. is it just me or is it a bad idea to have a post-liquor urine engine?  I'd be all such as "WOOO!  DRINKIN' AND DRIVIN' 4EVER!"  I might even get that stenciled on the outside of my car is some vague taggin' script.  Then I'd be like.. "Los Santos 4 Realz Homies!"  I don't- I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Today made me chuckle but not as much as Friday, that's all.


(OMG! 2,000 posts in less than a year?  That seems excessive.  Maybe I will take a posting hiatus until my year comes up on Sept 15th.  Yes, this sounds like an idea.  I mean, I'll still be here, but it is like I will be mute until my year is up and this seems more reasonable.  Have fun kids.)

Heh, it took me three years to get to 2000 posts.  At first I was sad for me, but now I am sad for you.

Also, my friends are part of this stupid pro-environmental acting troupe that travels the country performing at schools which they get to in this horrific old bus.  They bought it with the intent to turn it into a bus that runs on french fry oil, but it turned out it can't be converted.  I was behind their bus in traffic, and this huge bilious cloud of black smoke came out of the tail pipe every time they went from waiting at a light to moving.  This bus reads something like "recycle, be kind to the earth, be green!" and the cloud of noxious gas that comes forth from it makes the message itself unreadable.  Awesome!
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: Fooker on August 28, 2006, 04:04:05 pm
I'm into biodiesel, but I will probably never own one or build one. That is the way things are.
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 19, 2006, 10:07:03 pm
Biodiesel Artcar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/247792746/).

That is all.

~Paul
Title: Re: 28 Aug 2006 - Dirty hands? Kits? Clubfoot? What?
Post by: Doc on September 19, 2006, 10:46:41 pm
Always one step ahead eh Paul?