The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on August 29, 2006, 07:57:51 am

Title: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Doc on August 29, 2006, 07:57:51 am
This one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08292006) got a bit of a giggle.
I don't know, I'm not really feeling it. It's not you Achewood, it's me.


Edit: The alt-text made me look at Pat's glasses and they do look a bit more stylish than usual. Are those the glasses of a gay man? Nice character development there. Maybe.
Actually I was suprised to see Pat there at all, maybe we are reverting to the dirtiest dudes in town.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: V-Adore on August 29, 2006, 08:17:57 am
I like the effect of a floating miasma of jokes, so divorced from anyone's actual mama that it's not even important who says them. I also like "yo mama so primitive, after she uses the bathroom her hind legs scrape at the floor!" It's one of those sudden moments of revelation of... yes, they're cats. That is what a primitive cat mama would do. Heh.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Doc on August 29, 2006, 08:37:58 am
Oh, you see I totally didn't see that.
Thankyou V, you've made the world a slightly better place in which to read comics about cats.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Bagger? on August 29, 2006, 08:51:10 am
Your Mama jokes generally stay very safe and fun, to tell the honest truth. There are basically no Yo Mama jokes that go past the physical realm. Never really heard any jokes about how your mom is just so crazy or cruel. You never touch the Yo mama neglected you realm cause it hits too close to the home base.

I would cite an example, but all the ideas I had made me cry.

Good strip tho, glad to see that they are back to being the dirtiest boy’s in town.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: robot_god on August 29, 2006, 12:00:39 pm
they are back to being the dirtiest boys in town.

Midnight hot dog barbeque?  Is Pat eating on some dogs?

Needs more cigarettes, maybe red wine.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: mrchee on August 29, 2006, 01:50:51 pm
This is an attempt to be oldskool Achewood.

Not bad
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: CortJstr on August 29, 2006, 02:34:46 pm
Tomorrow: Hella yellin' about the sex
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: theinevitable on August 29, 2006, 04:35:18 pm
man, that is harsh.

some of those were... OK?
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Herr Currywurst on August 29, 2006, 07:33:51 pm
I particularly liked the Somalia one.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: side_show on August 29, 2006, 08:17:50 pm
Enjoy. (http://www.yomama.com/)
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Hobot on August 29, 2006, 09:37:14 pm
I think "Yo mama so small and deformed, in the school play she was a potato with a hearing aid!" captures perfectly the uncomfortable, macabre flavour that is Achewood at its finest.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: theinevitable on August 29, 2006, 09:43:46 pm
yeah, um, wtf? a potato with a hearing aid?

also, note to elislut: Eliot's older relative founded WashU. my dorm is part of the "Wm. Greenleaf Eliot Residential College."
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Drygioni on August 29, 2006, 10:01:12 pm
I've been meaning to ask for a while where Hobot got 'T.S Elislut' from. It seems a bit random, for want of a better word.

I for once didn't particularly enjoy the strip because Yo Mama jokes have limited comic appeal to me due to one particular dude at school, who has basically exhaused all possible Yo Mama jokes, even the sort of uncrossable ones. ("Hey Judy, yo mama so ugly she got abused as a child and starved to death HAHAHAHAHA" was the latest, but I kind of punched him a little so he stopped. Oh, and you might go "That's not a joke!", and you'd be right, but he laughed at it so it's kind of a half-joke. He did the normal, less traumatising Yo Mama jokes too.)

But, I can appreciate the possible funniness the strip might have given me in other circumstances. That's not so bad.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: CortJstr on August 29, 2006, 10:05:22 pm
I've been meaning to ask for a while where Hobot got 'T.S Elislut' from. It seems a bit random, for want of a better word.

You...you're kidding, right? (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2865.msg68647.html#msg68647)
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: Drygioni on August 29, 2006, 10:08:08 pm
You...you're kidding, right? (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2865.msg68647.html#msg68647)

I wish I was, now. Seriously, that's kind of creepy, because I don't remember making that post.

Sorry for being a pretty big embarrassment to myself.

(Oh, and nicely Cortjstr'd)
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: theinevitable on August 29, 2006, 10:44:43 pm
I just literally Laughed out Loud.

my roommate is giving me A Look.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: AugustWest on August 30, 2006, 03:00:28 am
PWNT!

and CJ'ed!
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: smick on August 30, 2006, 04:10:50 pm
The english cat was unwittingly impressed with his own wit.
Title: Re: 29 Aug 2006 - Yo mama so greedy, she won't pee
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 30, 2006, 09:06:23 pm
For some reason, perhaps their ubiquitous nature, yo mama jokes are one of the few subsets of joke wherein I appreciate jokes that deconstruct said subset. Usually, I hate deconstruction as much as I hate kitsch and camp but... there's something about the yo momma joke, maybe because it has lapped the irony meter so many times, that lends itself to it.

"Yo momma so fat that she should really seek medical attention, I'm worried about her well-being."

I must be weird but that's funny to me.